Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 179 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I actually worry about his student hahahaha
ohh, I'm not really worried, he is still so very young :) and teaching is something that can be learned, it doesn't come naturally to everybody. That is why, when you study to be a teacher, you are not only taught information about your school subjects but also about how to actually teach those things to the kids.
And I think all that "crashing into a wall" stuff is just his way of working things out. I've read several times that visualizing his jumps is kinda his thing as a training method. Not everybody learns things the same way, that is just something you have to figure out (at best with the help of your teacher). But if he really wants to teach I'm quite sure he can learn the necessary skills.
And I can most certainly see him teaching the little ones :laugh: he'd be the perfect teacher for the baby-skaters

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Only a casual fan here, but the new rules sound like the tech panel is going to be very strict. Will be interesting to see impact for the coming seasons.

On a lighter note, I'm sure you all have seen these clips from the Olympics where Yuzuru realizes he's in 1st place (presumably after Patrick Chan's skate). He expresses himself in English quite well.

Y: KATTA! (said in disbelief)
Y: Oh my god!
Man: You're the first
Y: I'm first?
Y: I'm the first?
People: Yes, yes
Y: Oh my god! Oh my god! Okay. Oh. I was so surprised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqc3NpsCh80
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP6fF3Fms3Y

That video I can't remember how many times I've watched it :laugh:

treeloving

Medalist

His work ethic is super beyond human average!

When he hadn't master the 3A yet, he jumped 3A until he can reach the target of three clean 3A a day, it took 50 tries or something like that and he fell down a lot and injure himself.

PatricksGaze

On the Ice

When he hadn't master the 3A yet, he jumped 3A until he can reach the target of three clean 3A a day, it took 50 tries or something like that and he fell down a lot and injure himself.
Well, personally, I doubt he would be so critical, demanding and crazy towards his students. Maybe there are a lot of tactics of training or even teaching in his mind already but he purposely chooses the toughest one for himself. I think he likes and appreciates Orser's method of teaching. He's gentle with him, cares about his health and tends to control his passion. Yuzuru is smart and probably takes this method as a nearly perfect model cause it made him a champion. Also there has been Nanami, great coach. I'm pretty sure he knows that he's too harsh on himself and he isn't so crazy to teach children in his "cruel-to-himself" way. It would be illegal I guess :laugh:
As far as I could figure out, he doesn't seem to be critical on others.

Yuzusan

On the Ice
Yuzu as a coach? Just imagine him teaching his pupils jumping technical: :laugh:

"How to do a quad loop? You just go shoo-!"
"A triple axel? It's like crashing into a wall!"

It's sort of training ^^. I think it will work ;)

Sharing a video with you guys ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyIcePQBzcc
It's touching to see Yuzuru and his therapist hugging together. :cry: I can sense his fatherly love towards Yuzuru.
It would be nice if we can see Nanami Abe as well.

Thank you the video, when the therapist hug him and also when he weeps, it's so touching. What does the therapist say during the all video ?

Only a casual fan here, but the new rules sound like the tech panel is going to be very strict. Will be interesting to see impact for the coming seasons.

On a lighter note, I'm sure you all have seen these clips from the Olympics where Yuzuru realizes he's in 1st place (presumably after Patrick Chan's skate). He expresses himself in English quite well.

Y: KATTA! (said in disbelief)
Y: Oh my god!
Man: You're the first
Y: I'm first?
Y: I'm the first?
People: Yes, yes
Y: Oh my god! Oh my god! Okay. Oh. I was so surprised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqc3NpsCh80
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP6fF3Fms3Y

Really his english ... so cuteness .....

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

Oh I see :laugh:. But you know, it's different when you are the teacher and not the learner. The learners are different from you so you can't do the same, each learner will have different skills and flaws.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Yuzu as a coach? Just imagine him teaching his pupils jumping technical: :laugh:

"How to do a quad loop? You just go shoo-!"
"A triple axel? It's like crashing into a wall!"
I suspect he will learn a lot about coaching from his time at the Cricket Club, and also with Nanami Abe etc before that.

Partly from how Orser and the others coach him... but also (perhaps more importantly) from observing how they coach all those other skaters - they all have different ages, genders, abilities, needs, strengths, weaknesses, personalities etc etc. If coaching is his ambition, I hope he uses his time in Canada wisely, and learns as much as he can from the coaching team there, while he can.

I think he has a good personality for coaching - he is self-confident, and seems to find it easy to talk to people - no matter who they are, or what their status is. He seems to make friends easily. He already has the achievements, fame and popularity that would make him a popular choice for aspiring skaters. Then again, maybe too friendly - sometimes a coach needs to be strict!

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I suspect he will learn a lot about coaching from his time at the Cricket Club, and also with Nanami Abe etc before that.

Partly from how Orser and the others coach him... but also (perhaps more importantly) from observing how they coach all those other skaters - they all have different ages, genders, abilities, needs, strengths, weaknesses, personalities etc etc. If coaching is his ambition, I hope he uses his time in Canada wisely, and learns as much as he can from the coaching team there, while he can.

I think he has a good personality for coaching - he is self-confident, and seems to find it easy to talk to people - no matter who they are, or what their status is. He seems to make friends easily. He already has the achievements, fame and popularity that would make him a popular choice for aspiring skaters. Then again, maybe too friendly - sometimes a coach needs to be strict!

Agreed ^^. but I think that he knows when to be friendly and when not. He acts serious and focused when competing, the same might be if he coaches

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Not to forget Yuzuru's father is a teacher so it may be in his genes too to impart knowledge and skill. I wonder whether he will be in terms of coaching the future Brian Orser of Japan where even skaters from others countries will go to Japan to learn under him. That is assuming they know Japanese or Yuzuru's English has improved (I think it will).

It's interesting that Yuzuru's good friends, Javier and Kanako, also expressed an interest to coach after their competitive career. Maybe they can join forces like what Brian Orser and Tracy Wilson did.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
^Not to forget Yuzuru's father is a teacher so it may be in his genes too to impart knowledge and skill. I wonder whether he will be in terms of coaching the future Brian Orser of Japan where even skaters from others countries will go to Japan to learn under him. That is assuming they know Japanese or Yuzuru's English has improved (I think it will).

It's interesting that Yuzuru's good friends, Javier and Kanako, also expressed an interest to coach after their competitive career. Maybe they can join forces like what Brian Orser and Tracy Wilson did.

Oh yes, I forgot his father is a teacher, he might inherited those skills. Both my parents are teachers and my sister is also great at teaching :laugh: .
and it would be interesting to see these great skaters working together. Well there is still time for that :popcorn:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Oh yes, I forgot his father is a teacher, he might inherited those skills. Both my parents are teachers and my sister is also great at teaching :laugh: .
and it would be interesting to see these great skaters working together. Well there is still time for that :popcorn:

My mom and my sister too! My mother taught at the local elementary school for nearly three decades and then when we kids were off to college took her MA and PhD. Since we were known to be children of a teacher, we were expected to be good students and to be well-mannered. I expect that same dynamic was also at work with you and Yuzuru ;).

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
My mom and my sister too! My mother taught at the local elementary school for nearly three decades and then when we kids were off to college took her MA and PhD. Since we were known to be children of a teacher, we were expected to be good students and to be well-mannered. I expect that same dynamic was also at work with you and Yuzuru ;).

that's great ;). yep indeed, my parents always expected us to get good grades and well that kinda happened haha. The most nice thing is that they give me advice at how to behave so my teachers saw I was a good student lol

Esopian

Final Flight
It really funny that we're discussing Hanyu's future of coaching students when it hasn't even reached 2018 yet! :laugh: I bet (as mentioned above) with his father's teacher genes, he'll be an excellent coach who is kind yet pushes his students to do their best.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
It really funny that we're discussing Hanyu's future of coaching students when it hasn't even reached 2018 yet! :laugh: I bet (as mentioned above) with his father's teacher genes, he'll be an excellent coach who is kind yet pushes his students to do their best.

hahaha that's true, but we have discussed soooo many things at this thread :laugh:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

^I know. :laugh: Blame channah's translation of his post parade interview and that we're in between skating seasons.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
hey, we just have a wide variety of topics here :biggrin: never boring!

Oh yes, I forgot his father is a teacher, he might inherited those skills. Both my parents are teachers and my sister is also great at teaching
haha, I hope that teacher-gene thing works out for the kid, too :laugh: I'm the living proof for the opposition
(threw in the towel after two semesters of studying to become a teacher, my impatience got the better of me :laugh:)