Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 135 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

SuzyQ

Medalist
It was very interesting to read the talks about the name of Yuzuru.

Actually, Yuzuru itself is not a rare name in Japan. But usually 譲 is the Kanji character used for Yuzuru (or, very rarely 弓弦 (means bow and bowstring), or some other Kanji or its combinations, like 禅, 譲琉, 柚瑠, etc., but rather rare)

譲 or yuzuru means concede, pass over, or other very humble or modest nuance. I suppose those who speak Chinese understand it.

The impression we receive from 結弦, the choice of his father is, very original, good taste, cultural or cultivated.
Boys having the same name may be increasing in future :laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
In his conversation with Oda, Yuzu says that practicing the 4Lo has improved his 4Sal and 4Z. -So even if he doesn't ever put the 4Lo into competition, the practicing of it is useful.

Meoima

Match Penalty
It was very interesting to read the talks about the name of Yuzuru.

Actually, Yuzuru itself is not a rare name in Japan. But usually 譲 is the Kanji character used for Yuzuru (or, very rarely 弓弦 (means bow and bowstring), or some other Kanji or its combinations, like 禅, 譲琉, 柚瑠, etc., but rather rare)

譲 or yuzuru means concede, pass over, or other very humble or modest nuance. I suppose those who speak Chinese understand it.

The impression we receive from 結弦, the choice of his father is, very original, good taste, cultural or cultivated.
Boys having the same name may be increasing in future :laugh:
So practically, the pronunciation is not that rare, but the use of Kanji combination in his name is very rare. I get the idea. For East Asian people, you can have the same name with lots of people but each can have different writing, thus different meaning. ;)

Nomi

Rinkside
Re: 300 pages :hb:
I wonder if it would be OK to make a separate thread where we could collect all the translations and links to pics and vids that people post here? It is pretty difficult to find stuff here afterwards if need be. "Cannot remember exactly... I wonder if it was on page 150 or 250...:scratch:"

We could name it "the Yuzuru Hanyu reference thread" or "Yuzuru Hanyu for lazy readers" or something :)

Thoughts?

:thumbsup: this would be so helpful!

lbc2138

On the Ice
I hate fanfictions too! Not to mention their terrible writing, it's ok for people to write them about fictional characters but I hate seeing them for real people. Good Yuzu fans, please don't support fanfiction! Tumblr is a cluster**** of gross fanfics of Javi and Yuzu and it makes me sad :(

foruiz

Final Flight
I hate fanfictions too! Not to mention their terrible writing, it's ok for people to write them about fictional characters but I hate seeing them for real people. Good Yuzu fans, please don't support fanfiction! Tumblr is a cluster**** of gross fanfics of Javi and Yuzu and it makes me sad :(

i wish those types of fans will channel their creative juices elsewhere .

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Yuzu: I really don't wanna see this! I REALLY don't want to see this! (15 years old at Stars on Ice)
Asada: Still so small (height) :D
Yuzu: I was getting taller then!
---
Yuzu: The face, I was trying so hard, I'm laughing
---
Asada: You were more flexible then
---
Yuzu: I would say I was coarse, really, unrefined
---
Asada: Beautiful spinns!
---
Asada: What performance will you show today?
Yuzu: I will skate to Hana ni nare, a japanese song, it's a song I sing to while dancing. (Didn't catch more, sorry T_T Something like I want people to be captured be it?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjQeZcDXpks

LOL the video is gold. I can understadn some frases that are used a lot in anime and is pretty funny. I totally understand Yuzuru if someone want me to watch a video of the 15yo me I will consider it torture.

Yuzusan

On the Ice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjQeZcDXpks

LOL the video is gold. I can understadn some frases that are used a lot in anime and is pretty funny. I totally understand Yuzuru if someone want me to watch a video of the 15yo me I will consider it torture.

I mainly like the way that he says he dosn't want to see ^^ A mixture of serious and discomfort ^^

Concerning fan fics, it is true that I like to read them if it is about a manga (fanfics of Naruto are the best^^) but for a real character, it is weird !

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Just came across this wonderful soundtrack and I think that the kid could skate so beautiful on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWoUcB7y4hw

And we could scream : Fly,Yuzu,fly!! :popcorn: :laugh:

Actually that´s one of the songs from my playlist for dream skating programs. The song is called the "The Feather Theme" and since Yuzuru´s name has the character from feather it will be really apropiate.

Some songs I will love any skater to skate to http://open.spotify.com/user/cruzceleste/playlist/0SZVy21YN7OmA84nIVe6nA

Meoima

Match Penalty

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I mainly like the way that he says he dosn't want to see ^^ A mixture of serious and discomfort ^^

Concerning fan fics, it is true that I like to read them if it is about a manga (fanfics of Naruto are the best^^) but for a real character, it is weird !

I wouldn´t mind fanfics about trama or story. By example I love Rouroni Kenshin´s Soiujiro Seta and I have read some fanfic that continue his story. But most of the fanfic now are about senxual content and I don´t like that.

Edit.

As for me, game soundtrack, Joe Hishashi: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-DKgEZfTyU8
I love the melody.
Nice melody.

I like Hisashi alot, but I only know his word for the Hayao Miyazaki movies. I enjoy the concert they made for the Ghibli Anniversary

And about exhibition programs Yuzuru will made my day if he skated to Aqua Timez ALONES https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpxNljGXnUU