Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 206 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

mikaboo

Medalist
If anyone is keeping track of Yuzuru's awards and schedule, it was announced yesterday that he will be awarded the JOC (Japanese Olympic Committee) Sports Grand Prix (最優秀賞) for FY 2013. Mao will receive a JOC Sports Award for Excellence (優秀賞) as well. (Not sure if the English award titles are correct. I referred to an old JOC newsletter)
The ceremony is scheduled for June 6th in Tokyo so it shouldn't impact his stay in Canada too much I hope. IF he goes back soon, that is.
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/news/140513/oth14051317580007-n1.htm

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Third and longest part (24:13!) of compilation videos of B.Esp commentary on Yuzuru's FP skates in his golden 2013-2014 season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU_8WN5dFmI.

Many thanks to the uploader asri rmu (http://troublemakerstorm.tumblr.com/) who did this labor of love while serving as a doctor to her people.

Thanks also to those who posted links to various matters about Yuzuru. Love also the inclusion of that part of Yuzuru's R and J2 LP where he portrayed Romeo trying to reach a distant Juliet up there in the balcony in that mobile commercial.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

Wow that's quite a collection! :laugh:

LOL maybe now he can finally have a cellphone. Come on Yuzuru´s mon he has been a good kid...

Doesn't he have the one that every sochi athlete received?
If anyone is keeping track of Yuzuru's awards and schedule, it was announced yesterday that he will be awarded the JOC (Japanese Olympic Committee) Sports Grand Prix (最優秀賞) for FY 2013. Mao will receive a JOC Sports Award for Excellence (優秀賞) as well. (Not sure if the English award titles are correct. I referred to an old JOC newsletter)
The ceremony is scheduled for June 6th in Tokyo so it shouldn't impact his stay in Canada too much I hope. IF he goes back soon, that is.
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/sports/news/140513/oth14051317580007-n1.htm

Thanks for the news ^^

echotpe

On the Ice
Found this on Kanako´s twitter. Seem like a Brand of Amino Suplements is using Yuzuru´s image (Ajinomoto?)
https://twitter.com/kiki_in19/status/463690104544841728/photo/1

Yes, Amino Supplements is a nutrition product of Ajinomoto which Yuzu had it to recover his stamina after practice or competition.

As the top-tier Gold Partner to JOC, Ajinomoto has right to have Yuzu's image in commercial use within contract period.

Reference to this news:

Hanyu joins elite sponsorship deal (2013.01.18)

Men's figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu has tied the knot with the Japanese Olympic Committee and joined the "Symbol Athlete" sponsorship program, a source familiar with the deal said Wednesday.

The program, which involves a limited number of top-tier "Gold Partner" businesses, is aimed at luring ¥600 million in sponsorship deals over four years for rights to use the image of top athletes.

Fellow figure skater Daisuke Takahashi will renew his contract as a Symbol Athlete, while male speed skater Joji Kato will return to the program and female speed skater Nao Kodaira plans to join.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Thank you Echotpe.

Link for an interview with Akiko and Oda.

They talk about Mao and Yuzuru love life.

It seem like Mao loves to eat more.

Oda Nobunari mentions Yuzuru in a TV show

starts around 6:37 - 7:32

Yuzu is apparently an S(adist) and Nobu is an M(asochist)? Lol I’m curious what thats about…well he says that they have fun together^^

I only understood that Yuzu is really nice to girls/women

cr: hana02014

As always have fun... ;)

ETA.

Another extract from Blue Flames

"Lately, every time I meet Plushenko-san he tells me ‘Win over me!’. ‘Show me more of your strength’ and ‘Overcome me!’. He’s just too cool! ‘The next time we meet at a competition, we’re enemies. Plushenko-san also is expecting from me. So I want to become a figure skater who can answer his expectations. I don’t know if I can be greater than him. But I want to be a presence that encourages each other. He really has a world inside of him, so he probably doesn’t notice other skaters at a competition. Maybe it’s hard for someone like me to encourage him. But even if I go to a high level, if there’s a tough opponent it makes me encouraged. I want to be more closer, even if it’s a little, the someone like that to Plushenko-san."

ー From ‘Blue Flames’

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Thanks for the link Celeste! The video shows once more the propensity of Team Japan to mimic each other's choreography, with Tatsuki's opening in his "East of Eden" SP again being a "target," now by Nobunari.

Re Yuzuru being the "sadist" and Nobunari the "masochist," I would think the roles were reversed when Nobunari "forced" Yuzuru to do that pose. Oh but wait, Yuzuru said doing so "traumatized" him, so he apparently took no pleasure in it. ;)

I think Evgeni Plushenko (like the British Esp commentators) very early on sensed the potential for greatness in Yuzuru and encourages him. Plushenko obviously doesn't say those things lightly. It will be very interesting what both of them will talk about when they meet in Japan again (their first since Sochi?). It's nice for us fans to know that having tough competition encourages and doesn't faze Yuzuru. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
The kid went back to Canada, according to this article (I am terrible at Japanese, so google translate is friend)
Here is the link, anyone in Japan mind double-checking it for me.:) Thank you very much:

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20140514-00000292-sph-spo

According to this article, the kid went home right after PIW in Hachinohe and left for Toronto on 14th. He will come back to Japan in 2 or 3 weeks. I hope it will be longer, though. :biggrin:

annca

On the Ice
The kid went back to Canada, according to this article (I am terrible at Japanese, so google translate is friend)
Here is the link, anyone in Japan mind double-checking it for me.:) Thank you very much:

According to this article, the kid went home right after PIW in Hachinohe and left for Toronto on 14th. He will come back to Japan in 2 or 3 weeks. I hope it will be longer, though. :biggrin:

thanks for the info :thumbsup: :)

is he not going to attend the purple ribbon award ceremony and the tea party thing with the rest of tj? i thought that the event will happen during mid may or am i missing something? :scratch:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Thanks for the video! Oda is so funny!

So Yuzu would remind the ladies if their costumes are not correctly set up and that the floor is wet. Wow!

Thanks skatefan22 for that info, confirming Yuzuru's sharp eye (don't know Japanese so just contented myself with literally watching !) Are there are other things in the video you think we should know about? :)

winterbell

Rinkside

Actually it is quite surprising... because today 15th he is supposed to be at the purple ribbon medal ceremony... that doesn't sound quite right...

Meoima

Match Penalty
Actually it is quite surprising... because today 15th he is supposed to be at the purple ribbon medal ceremony... that doesn't sound quite right...
Maybe they have changed the date of the medal ceremony? Anyone in Japan recheck the date for us, please? Thank you in advance. :)

skatefan22

Medalist
Thanks skatefan22 for that info, confirming Yuzuru's sharp eye (don't know Japanese so just contented myself with literally watching !) Are there are other things in the video you think we should know about? :)

I am not very good at Japanese :bang: That is all that I can understand from what Oda said about Yuzu.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Maybe they have changed the date of the medal ceremony? Anyone in Japan recheck the date for us, please? Thank you in advance. :)
Or maybe he just when to talk timetable and listen to some music ideas for the new programs? You know a super quick visit?