Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 229 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think I read somewhere where Yuzuru said that doing the Bielmann spin is getting harder right now for him. everytime I see him doing it, his speed getting slower, idk I could be wrong.
I hope he will stop doing the Bielmann spin next season. He might need it for Juliet program, but next season he will do new ones so that spin might not be needed anymore. I hope he knows what is right for his body.

annca

On the Ice
Everybody is talking about his Biellmann spins, but I adore his donut spins.

if i remember correctly ive watched an interview of dick button, i think it was after the sp in sochi, where he was asked of what he thinks of yuzuru's performance. i think he said something about yuzu's spins on how yuzu changed his position into a donut spin even without putting his foot down. i think he was also amazed by it :)

(im trying to find the vid link but having no luck with it, i'll post it again if i ever see it)

figureskateobasan

On the Ice
I hope he will stop doing the Bielmann spin next season. He might need it for Juliet program, but next season he will do new ones so that spin might not be needed anymore. I hope he knows what is right for his body.

I agree. but it will depends on what kind of music he choose. As far as I can remember, he always put Bielmann and Ina Bauer in his program.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I agree. but it will depends on what kind of music he choose. As far as I can remember, he always put Bielmann and Ina Bauer in his program.
If Yuzuru himself admitted that Bielmann spin was becoming more of a problem for him to execute, then he should have known the limits of his body. I hope he considers leaving it out of his long program this season. Fingers cross!:bow:

Anyways it seems David Wilson is busy with the China team, and JB is working with Yuzuru (According to someone in Fsuniverse), then we can have David Wilson free this season? I highly hope so. :bow:

Klarnet

On the Ice
if i remember correctly ive watched an interview of dick button, i think it was after the sp in sochi, where he was asked of what he thinks of yuzuru's performance. i think he said something about yuzu's spins on how yuzu changed his position into a donut spin even without putting his foot down. i think he was also amazed by it :)

(im trying to find the vid link but having no luck with it, i'll post it again if i ever see it)

I saw it here: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23519909

Pamigena

Record Breaker
^ thank you SuzyQ. I think it has been posted before, but there's really no reason why we couldn't repeat ourselves ;) (we've come full circle several times here)

lmao. nice pun <= and that's pretty much how I still feel about this picture :laugh:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I wish people will stop attacking David Wilson. He gave Yuzuru a winning program, and Yuzuru like him as a person and as a choreographer.

SuzyQ

Medalist
^ thank you SuzyQ. I think it has been posted before, but there's really no reason why we couldn't repeat ourselves ;) (we've come full circle several times here)

lmao. nice pun <= and that's pretty much how I still feel about this picture :laugh:

:laugh::laugh:

In the same Hachinohe show, he refused a fan's request to do the "Omeme Pacchirinko" pose that Nobunari "forced" him to do, saying "No way!! It's my trauma!"

This one:
http://prcm.jp/album/aimi1225/pic/33249235

Pooh cap was easier for him to accept :rofl:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
^ yes, I read that :laugh: I still guess that "He made me do it" is probably the phrase you hear most often amongst the members of TJ.

jeez, that Pooh cap is just so... the thing is, it's not just a cap, but there's the rest of the tiny Pooh body dangling over his neck... :laugh: it's just so beyond creepy (maybe I've seen Alien one too many times :laugh: I just get a bad vibe from that tiny Pooh body and that giant head)

ser22

On the Ice
I wish people will stop attacking David Wilson. He gave Yuzuru a winning program, and Yuzuru like him as a person and as a choreographer.

I agree. I like R & J 2.0. I really like and i often look at it.
The whole attack is pointless. Anyway, Yuzu is not going to go back to Nanami Abe. He does not leave Orser, as it seems good cooperation. So why it is useless to cry. that's my opinion.

echotpe

On the Ice
Yuzuru appeared in yesterday´s news. No idea what does it says, can someone translate please.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpk_AD2VOU8

@cruzceleste, I cite your post from media thread and add statement here.

This news is about the balance use of Yuzu's victory parade last month. The official hosts announced all balance amount will donate to Miyagi Skating Federation on purpose for raising young skaters. The donation decision is also agreed by Yuzu himself. The amount is 7.415 million yen (around US$ 72,722).

As you may know, Sendai is a city of Miyagi Prefecture. So this donation expects to benefit more young skaters besides Sendai youth.

edit:

According the another news today, any young skater who registered in Miyagi Skating Federation could apply the compensation of rink fee from the donation fund.

jimeonji

Final Flight
I wouldn't call it attacking, necessarily, though a good number of people dislike David Wilson as a choreographer. I appreciate the technically difficult program that Wilson gave Yuzuru - you're right, it's the reason that he was able to win GPF, Olympics, Japanese Nats, and Worlds. But the reason that many dislike Wilson is his often generic programs. Choreography is subjective, but perhaps in comparison to other more complex and memorable programs, it becomes a bit more clear why many dislike R&J2 and Notre Dame. David Wilson himself is not a poor choreographer - he's choreographed a few amazing programs for Yuna (Danse Macabre, Les Mis, etc) and one for Dai (In the Garden of the Souls) that I love especially - but Wilson's style, or at least the style of choreography he is giving Yuzu, isn't exactly fitting. Of course, when it comes to a program, it's part skater, part choreography. Wilson is not completely to blame. But I think it is necessary to assess Yuzu's programs while keeping in mind the potential he could have as a skater (note: PW, R&J1), and the different factors that come into play with these programs - and the choreographer plays a large part. This is why I was happy to discover that Jeff Buttle is definitely doing the choreography for one of the programs and Shae Lynn Bourne possibly (??) doing his long. I definitely don't hate David Wilson, though it may come off that way. I just dislike the programs he's given Yuzu so far.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I agree with Jimeonji. And for me it would be great to see another choreographer making the LP instead of Wilson not because I dislike him or his programs but as Orser said, Yuzu should try different styles ;)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I wouldn't call it attacking, necessarily, though a good number of people dislike David Wilson as a choreographer. I appreciate the technically difficult program that Wilson gave Yuzuru - you're right, it's the reason that he was able to win GPF, Olympics, Japanese Nats, and Worlds. But the reason that many dislike Wilson is his often generic programs. Choreography is subjective, but perhaps in comparison to other more complex and memorable programs, it becomes a bit more clear why many dislike R&J2 and Notre Dame. David Wilson himself is not a poor choreographer - he's choreographed a few amazing programs for Yuna (Danse Macabre, Les Mis, etc) and one for Dai (In the Garden of the Souls) that I love especially - but Wilson's style, or at least the style of choreography he is giving Yuzu, isn't exactly fitting. Of course, when it comes to a program, it's part skater, part choreography. Wilson is not completely to blame. But I think it is necessary to assess Yuzu's programs while keeping in mind the potential he could have as a skater (note: PW, R&J1), and the different factors that come into play with these programs - and the choreographer plays a large part. This is why I was happy to discover that Jeff Buttle is definitely doing the choreography for one of the programs and Shae Lynn Bourne possibly (??) doing his long. I definitely don't hate David Wilson, though it may come off that way. I just dislike the programs he's given Yuzu so far.

The potential of an skater is measured in the medals he wins. And Wilson has helped Yuzuru to build winner programs. The way people refer to Wilson is like he is making Yuzuru do something he didn´t like, and this is whats bothers me. Yuzuru is not a victim, his two program under Wilson while not everybody cup of tea are very demanding and helped Yuzuru showcase his growing in the thecnical side.

The aesthetics is in the eye of the beholder, and judges like what they see on Wilson´s programs.

In the other hand Shae Lynn Bourne don´t have any winner in her rooster of skaters as far as I can remember. Or could you refer to me one of his programs (for other skaters) that have actually win something.