Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 234 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Bonesfan

On the Ice
Change is by MONKEY MAJIK (Japanese-Canadian band founded in Sendai) - they are part of Together on Ice, so perhaps Yuzuru will perform Change again. Agree it's cute and fun.

I've always been partial to the Change Ex, it's just really so much fun to watch. But I highly doubt that he would dust off that one (though it would be nice to watch the grown up version. With maybe a decent outfit this time :biggrin: as much as I love the ex, the outfits were... meh)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Change is by MONKEY MAJIK (Japanese-Canadian band founded in Sendai) - they are part of Together on Ice, so perhaps Yuzuru will perform Change again. Agree it's cute and fun.
ha, you're right, I didn't even think of that :biggrin: awesome, there might just be some hope left

Windy

Rinkside

*finger crossed* That's also one of my fav exhibitions from him.

mikaboo

Medalist
ha, you're right, I didn't even think of that :biggrin: awesome, there might just be some hope left

Time to pull that random sweater out from the closet then!

I read before that skating to a live performance of Change was considered at one of the previous shows, but it wasn't possible without the presence of Yoshida Brothers (shamisen players) or something. It would be awesome to see him skate to live shamisen but I don't see their name on the guests list. I hope something can be worked out though.

That's his bonesetter, Akira Kikuchi.

Bonesfan

On the Ice
Yes the shamisen at the beginning is awesome.

In case anyone is interested, here is the music video for Change
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc4AkEC_UWU#t=30
with fox masks, a dark street, and a mysterious woman sort of walking like a taiyu but wearing tabi?

Time to pull that random sweater out from the closet then!

I read before that skating to a live performance of Change was considered at one of the previous shows, but it wasn't possible without the presence of Yoshida Brothers (shamisen players) or something. It would be awesome to see him skate to live shamisen but I don't see their name on the guests list. I hope something can be worked out though.

That's his bonesetter, Akira Kikuchi.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

I join you guys! Would be awesome to watch Change again ^^ one of my favorites :popcorn:

SuzyQ

Medalist
I posted the change of "Change" on the Media link thread before, #61.

I want to see too another Change with improved skating of Yuzuru :agree:

I like that black outfit with Japanese traditional patterns.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
For the poster that asked for Yuzuru's SP at Sochi with British commentation (Robin Cousins was one of the commentators) here is the link, download it quickly: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1fmdmz_yh-iosp_people

Thank you Meoima! The BBC commentary was the one I watched during the Olympics and seeing this brought me back to that moment. I only have a program that downloads YouTube videos. What program would you suggest to download this and other nonYT videos? Thanks!

Thanks also to those who posted links.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Thank you Meoima! The BBC commentary was the one I watched during the Olympics and seeing this brought me back to that moment. I only have a program that downloads YouTube videos. What program would you suggest to download this and other nonYT videos? Thanks!
Thanks also to those who posted links.
Internet download manager (IDM) will helps you with all the video on youtube, nico, vimeo, dailymotion...etc
Or I can upload the video on megaupload so you can download the file directly to your computer. :)

littlexflower

Rinkside
http://t.co/mTgCfZHBwj
woah according to Shae-Lynn's twitter account, we can pretty sure now no David Wilson for Yuzu's next season. I feel really relieved (this is just my subjective opinion, I know some of you like his choreography style :D )

mikaboo

Medalist
^ Thanks littlexflower! It's nice to get a confirmation. And Yuzuru looks like an elementary school boy here if he didn't look so tall standing next to Shae-Lynn.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
http://t.co/mTgCfZHBwj
woah according to Shae-Lynn's twitter account, we can pretty sure now no David Wilson for Yuzu's next season. I feel really relieved (this is just my subjective opinion, I know some of you like his choreography style :D )

Thanks for the info littlexflower! From Shae-Lynn's tweet, they're working on Yuzuru's LP choreo at the Granite Club, not at TCC, so it's good Brian Orser is not letting his own professional affiliations limit Yuzuru.

Shae-Lynn described Yuzuru as as a "sweet soul," and I hope her choreo also brings out the passion in him that we all love so much.

won0066

On the Ice
Does anyone know who is choreographing Yuzu's short program? It may have been answered already but i might have missed the answer....

End of May....has JSF announced Grand Prix assignments yet??

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Over at FS Universe, a fan posted seeing Jeffrey Buttle working on choreography with Yuzuru, but we're awaiting confirmation from either of them. No announcements yet as to GP assignments.