Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 238 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Last week I talked with somebody here about creating artsy Yuzu keepsakes (sorry, forgot who :eek:: too lazy to go through the pages... but I'm still waiting to see that charcoal picture ;) )
Anyways, I decided that that was actually a pretty good idea. So, thank you to whoever it was, for cranking up my crazy and making me once again cuckoo enough to go crazy over a fan art project. Haven't done that in ages.
I made a thingy on a 30x40 canvas. Didn't turn out exactly as I had envisioned it, but I still like it :biggrin: and I guess you can still kinda see where I was going with this. (I'm working on another one, maybe that will go more according to plan)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Last week I talked with somebody here about creating artsy Yuzu keepsakes (sorry, forgot who :eek:: too lazy to go through the pages... but I'm still waiting to see that charcoal picture ;) )
Anyways, I decided that that was actually a pretty good idea. So, thank you to whoever it was, for cranking up my crazy and making me once again cuckoo enough to go crazy over a fan art project. Haven't done that in ages.
I made a thingy on a 30x40 canvas. Didn't turn out exactly as I had envisioned it, but I still like it :biggrin: and I guess you can still kinda see where I was going with this. (I'm working on another one, maybe that will go more according to plan)

Oh it's beautiful Pamina! I more than like it. :) Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing your next Yuzuru art project.

Here's a beautiful portrait of Yuzuru I saw on Tumblr by I think newbiespectator's sister who's as equally talented.

Looking forward to also seeing that charcoal picture by Esopian. :)

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

Wow! That's very cool :clap:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Oh it's beautiful Pamina! I more than like it. :) Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing your next Yuzuru art project.

Here's a beautiful portrait of Yuzuru I saw on Tumblr by I think newbiespectator's sister who's as equally talented.
Looking forward to also seeing that charcoal picture by Esopian. :)

That's right! we are a family of artists. I really like your canvas Panima! It's gorgeous.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
thanks guys :biggrin: I kinda needed to show it to someone who might get it, because around here I always hear the same response: "you're insane, you know that, right?!" :laugh: they really think I've finally lost it

lbc2138

On the Ice
thanks guys :biggrin: I kinda needed to show it to someone who might get it, because around here I always hear the same response: "you're insane, you know that, right?!" :laugh: they really think I've finally lost it

It's okay, I got that response when I bought Blue Flames and had it proudly sit in front of my textbooks. Every time I had friends over in my room, they would look at and be like "you're so obsessed" haha

What a wonderful canvas! Would love to have that hanging on my wall and have that sort of design as a phone cover :)

Time to go to an arts supplies store...

Pamigena

Record Breaker
oh great, really, thanks a lot, you're not helping here... now I'm thinking about gluing gemstones on my phone cover :laugh: it's not like I haven't done that before... and it would totally match my lock screen... hmmmmm
(ok, so maybe people around here have a point in calling me crazy :popcorn: )

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
【news】The sales of Yuzu’s autobiography ranks top 4 in first half of 2014 in sports category.

Oricon, a famous marketing investigation company in Japan, today releases the latest book sales in first half of 2014.

Yuzu’s autobiography is ranked top 4 in sports category with 59 thousand copies. At same category, the top 1 is soccer player Yuto Nagatomo with 15.3 thousand copies. In the past of figure skating field, the highest rank of book sales was Dai with 14th place in 2012.

Yuzu’s autobiography “Blue flame” (Japanese edition) was published in April 2012 by Fusosha, a publishing company of Fujisankei Communications Group.
http://www.fusosha.co.jp/books/detail/670

Oricon aggregated on the basis of sales from 1,940 stores nationwide including web mail orders. The investigation period was from November 18, 2013 to May 18, 2014.

Thank you Echotpe, any news how Akiko´s book doing?

won0066

On the Ice
Hi everyone....a little off topic...but does anyone have a link to the CBC broadcast of Yuzu's Sochi short program?? I like the Canadian broadcast version, and commentators (Kurt Browning). I can play the cbc video clip on youtube but am not able to download it because it says the file is not there?? Does anyone by chance have it?? Its easy to find multiple versions of the NBC (usa) network version, but i am looking for CBC. Thanks to anyone in advance!!!

Esopian

Final Flight

Wow, after reading your comment I decided to upload some art I've been putting off for ages (including the charcoal portrait). :)

So here's the link for the charcoal portrait and also the rest of my gallery on dA where I have a few more drawings of Yuzu. I've always been shy about posting anything I draw on a forum, but this time is an exception.

It's great to hear that your creative juices are flowing because of our art discussion! The jewels on your canvas looks amazing!! I don't think it's crazy at all, continue with your creations. ;)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Hi everyone....a little off topic...but does anyone have a link to the CBC broadcast of Yuzu's Sochi short program?? I like the Canadian broadcast version, and commentators (Kurt Browning). I can play the cbc video clip on youtube but am not able to download it because it says the file is not there?? Does anyone by chance have it?? Its easy to find multiple versions of the NBC (usa) network version, but i am looking for CBC. Thanks to anyone in advance!!!

Here's a link to Yuzuru's WR SP in Sochi with CBC commentary: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22883901. You have to register first with nicovideo, but it's fast and painless.

Wow, after reading your comment I decided to upload some art I've been putting off for ages (including the charcoal portrait). :)

So here's the link for the charcoal portrait and also the rest of my gallery on dA where I have a few more drawings of Yuzu. I've always been shy about posting anything I draw on a forum, but this time is an exception.

It's great to hear that your creative juices are flowing because of our art discussion! The jewels on your canvas looks amazing!! I don't think it's crazy at all, continue with your creations. ;)

Your work is lovely! Glad you made an exception for us in this thread. :)

Better than that German magazine cover.;) Thanks annca for the link!

annca

On the Ice
a very kind tumblr user uploaded it in her blog :)
http://kwonwoo.tumblr.com/post/77441580971/yuzuru-hanyus-short-program-the-2014-sochi
you can download it via mobile phone easy (it downloads automatically if youre using the internet app and i use samsung but i dont know if it works for others) and it got cut off before the kiss and cry but its good quality :)

echotpe

On the Ice
I made a thingy on a 30x40 canvas

Pamina, the first sight of your creation reminded me of the beautiful bookmarks I got in Topkapi Palace Museum of Istanbul. Very delicate patterns! :agree:

Maybe you can turn into a bookmark or a cover of notebook besides of mobile phone cases.

And Esopian's painting made me stunning. I think soon Yuzu’s face impression in the last part of FCCJ press conference. When the hosting journalist tried to take out the gifts and he knocked over the bottle, Yuzu was naughty booing. So lifelike! Admire all of your artworks! :clap:

echotpe

On the Ice
No more ironic than Yuzuru having a Canadian coach and choreographers in winning the Olympic gold medal over Patrick and continuing the Canadian curse.

By the way, Skate Canada recognized award winners over the weekend at its Annual Convention and General Meeting (ACGM) and National Coaches’ Conference (NCC). Brian Orser got "Skate Canada Competitive Coach Award of Excellence". I admire that SC recognized Borser's achievements in coaching, no matter the skaters he mentored come from which country.

news: http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni%5B2797%5D/3542/language/en-US/Default.aspx