Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 241 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

annca

On the Ice
i know a lot of you guys are relieved that dilson wont be choreographing yuzuru's long program this year and i was one of them too but.. after rewatching yuzu's programs by him ... am i the only one who's getting a little bit skeptical about it? i mean.. sure his program last 2012-2013 was lackluster but when i rewatched him performing it at the 2013 teb gala   , i just cant stop watching it! he performed it elegantly with all the jumps, spins, and everything, he just looks more fluid.

and im one of those who actually like his r&j 2 program. sure, im not so keen on him being romeo again, but i really liked it especially during 2013 gpf. (except his fall in 4s and level 1 spin at the end) it was a beauty. the reckless skating  that i love about him and the artistry that some people think lacks on his programs were there when he performed it during gpf. and dilson's program actually helps him win thats why i felt a bit skeptical on the change of choreographers. so im starting to think that it just takes some time for yuzuru to master dilson's programs to really deliver it.. but i dunno, what are your thoughts guys?

Esopian

Final Flight
Actually I've got my eye on Etude, White Legend and Notre Dame right now, since those would definitely translate into my kind of artsy stuff ;) Bolero could be fun, too (soooo many shiny stones)
And I'll just assume that he'll have the decency to come back next season with something new and awesome I can work with :biggrin: the kid sure likes his bling, I'm counting on that.

Wow! Your new work looks really shiny and totally matches his ‘Hana ni Nare' costume! :agree:

For your next project, it would be really effective if you attached transparent white fabric to the canvas for his 'Étude' costume (also a gloss coating would make it even shinier). Great work!

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Liking something or not liking is only if the thing suits to your taste. Because someone say that don't like R&J 2 at all doesn't mean the program is bad. Program was on very high level, counting all elements of this program together I would say it was the hardest program of all man this season. I liked this program, someone can not like. I even liked his costume... ( don't shoot me Meoima :eek:: )

And yes. I don't liked Notre dame program overall, but this one at TEB in lights and limatic style was great.

i know a lot of you guys are relieved that dilson wont be choreographing yuzuru's long program this year and i was one
of them too but.. after rewatching yuzu's programs by him ... am i the only one who's getting a little bit skeptical about it? i mean.. sure his program last 2012-2013 was lackluster but when i rewatched him performing it at the 2013 teb gala   , i just cant stop watching it! he performed it elegantly with all the jumps, spins, and everything, he just looks more fluid.

and im one of those who actually like his r&j 2 program. sure, im not so keen on him being romeo again, but i really liked it especially during 2013 gpf. (except his fall in 4s and level 1 spin at the end) it was a beauty. the reckless skating  that i love about him and the artistry that some people think lacks on his programs were there when he performed it during gpf. and dilson's program actually helps him win thats why i felt a bit skeptical on the change of choreographers. so im starting to think that it just takes some time for yuzuru to master dilson's programs to really deliver it.. but i dunno, what are your thoughts guys?

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Wow! Your new work looks really shiny and totally matches his ‘Hana ni Nare' costume! :agree:

For your next project, it would be really effective if you attached transparent white fabric to the canvas for his 'Étude' costume (also a gloss coating would make it even shinier). Great work!
thank you :)
also, thanks for the tips. And well, I guess great minds really do think alike (that proverb sounds a lot less smug in German) :laugh: I've already checked my organza collection to see if there are some leftovers I can work with. Lucky me: there are none! :biggrin: which means I get to go shopping!
:hb:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Actually I've got my eye on Etude, White Legend and Notre Dame right now, since those would definitely translate into my kind of artsy stuff ;) Bolero could be fun, too (soooo many shiny stones)
And I'll just assume that he'll have the decency to come back next season with something new and awesome I can work with :biggrin: the kid sure likes his bling, I'm counting on that.

Oh then we'll see more of your work for a while :yay:

skatefan22

Medalist
I just saw this interview of Akiko. She said that the time allowed for skaters to get ready on the ice is 1min and she would usually hurry to the center of ice. The program compared the time spent by Mao, Yuzu, and Kanako. Yuzu spent 45 sec while Kana 58 sec.
Then Daisuke did an cameo as well. He said that ladies are quite fierce (they won't make way for others during 6 mins warm up) while men are more gentle and careful. He was a bit scared when watching ladies warm up.

Edit: The video link: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1xwpxv_140601-失敗bank-akiko_sport

Klarnet

On the Ice
i know a lot of you guys are relieved that dilson wont be choreographing yuzuru's long program this year and i was one of them too but.. after rewatching yuzu's programs by him ... am i the only one who's getting a little bit skeptical about it? i mean.. sure his program last 2012-2013 was lackluster but when i rewatched him performing it at the 2013 teb gala   , i just cant stop watching it! he performed it elegantly with all the jumps, spins, and everything, he just looks more fluid.

I am only afraid it will be boring as some of Shae-Lynn's other works to me, but anyway, change is good. Concerning "winning choreography', again, I am sure Orser would make sure everything is there in program to win

lbc2138

On the Ice
I just saw this interview of Akiko. She said that the time allowed for skaters to get ready on the ice is 1min and she would usually hurry to the center of ice. The program compared the time spent by Mao, Yuzu, and Kanako. Yuzu spent 45 sec while Kana 58 sec.
Then Daisuke did an cameo as well. He said that ladies are quite fierce (they won't make way for others during 6 mins warm up) while men are more gentle and careful. He was a bit scared when watching ladies warm up.

Can you link it again? The link is broken :/

Meoima

Match Penalty
I even liked his costume... ( don't shoot me Meoima
AK-47 is on my hand already. :biggrin: just kidding

I am only afraid it will be boring as some of Shae-Lynn's other works to me, but anyway, change is good. Concerning "winning choreography', again, I am sure Orser would make sure everything is there in program to win
A winning choreography depends much on the layout, and I am sure Yuzuru will only add more stuff or keep it as last year layout, there would be no way he waters it down. :)

And Shae-Lynn has some interesting programs, such as the one she created for Jeremy Abbott. We won't know for sure if her choreography will suit Yuzuru, but it could be interesting for him to explore new style. ;)

After all, I don't expect him to win everything. I want to see his various sides on ice and how much further he can reach in both artistry and technique.

Now that the burden of Olympic is over for a while, I hope to see him show us as many sides of him as possible. That would be exciting to watch. :popcorn:

Esopian

Final Flight
And Shae-Lynn has some interesting programs, such as the one she created for Jeremy Abbott. We won't know for sure if her choreography will suit Yuzuru, but it could be interesting for him to explore new style. ;)

Yeah, I agree on your part. I bet we'll all be dumbfounded with awe when we see his programs for the 2014-15 season. :thumbsup:

For those who are unfamiliar with her choreography, she performed at All That Skate 2014 last month and here's a link to her performance, Fire Dance (with Korean commentary). I thought it was absolutely beautiful! :clap:

umeko_yur1tasukee

On the Ice

Meoima

Match Penalty
And I wonder if Johnny will design his costume for next season.
You said it on purpose, didn't you? You want to hurt me, don't you?????????:bang::bang:

Behold everyone! I bet it the kid will not wear anything Johnny Weir next season!!!! (Fingers cross! :cry:)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I think they are out to get you, Meoima.
I bet Johnny and the kid are in on it, too.
Remember, it's not paranoia if they really are after you! :unsure:

sajoya

On the Ice
Sorry, Meoima. I think that picture possibly sums it up. As long as Yuzuru admires Johnny (which he does), we're gonna see him wear his costumes until the end of his career :cry: I wish I was open-minded to deal with these costumes...

winterbell

Rinkside
Sorry, Meoima. I think that picture possibly sums it up. As long as Yuzuru admires Johnny (which he does), we're gonna see him wear his costumes until the end of his career :cry: I wish I was open-minded to deal with these costumes...

ehhh.... I first don't think it is worth crying ( /wiping your tears) and second I don't think Yuzu will just stick on Johnny's design. PW is a totally different style choreo, so we saw a totally different custom, didn't we? Don't worry too much. In English people say don't count your eggs until they hatch, I guess for us the case is don't credit Johnny until you see the real custom in competition :biggrin: