Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 244 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

ayarose

On the Ice
Wow, you have sharp eye!

Re the bird in his R and J 2 costume, I think I read somewhere it's in reference to his surname "Hanyu" (with wings).

I've read somewhere, must be in his forum or twitter that it was part of his superstitions, kinda like to lift him up or something. I don't really remember much :laugh:

:) You really are fascinated by Yuzuru's flawless skin. My skincare is mostly just wash and moisturize, but here in Korea, the skincare routine has more steps and a ton of products available for each step. I must say it works as Korean women have, just like Yuzuru, beautiful skin.

I'd say it's Yuzu's gene and not skin care routine. My cousins are half Japanese but they don't have that complexion. Most Korean women indeed have beautiful skin but those I knew from work says it's a high maintenance routine.

Nicky_10

Rinkside
NIcky_10, I hope you give us a personal account of the show. Thanks in advance!

I'll give my best!! :) But since it's my first ice show I'm going to watch live, I might be too overwhelmed by the fact that I'm actually there, to make constructive comments... because I'm going to see Hanyu-kun for real, and Lambiel will be there too, and and... I'm almost dancing every time I think about it!

mikaboo

Medalist
I'll give my best!! :) But since it's my first ice show I'm going to watch live, I might be too overwhelmed by the fact that I'm actually there, to make constructive comments... because I'm going to see Hanyu-kun for real, and Lambiel will be there too, and and... I'm almost dancing every time I think about it!

Lucky you! I hope you have lots of fun.
Don't click on the link below if you don't want to see their costume yet. :cool:

Nobu just tweeted this picture of the Team Japan guys taken by Daisuke.
https://twitter.com/nobutaro1001/status/474733749603545088

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

:) Please don't let my request be a burden in any way. Enjoy the show!

And welcome to ayarose!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Share Lambiel's Romeo ex for you. Enjoy live show this weekend!:popcorn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO0GJmLwVWk

Oh that was such a moving and beautiful performance by Stephane! Started slow but built up to a climax, and I felt the vocals by Josh Groban I think did not at all detract/distract from the performance. Love the spins and the passionate step sequence.

Seeing this and Daisuke's "Kissing You" exhibition makes me think that Yuzuru skating (again) as Romeo in his 20s (Stephane was 23 when he skated this performance) will be to say to least interesting, especially if by then Yuzuru has already had or is having a serious love relationship.

Thanks for the link echotpe (you always manage to find interesting videos to share). :)

echotpe

On the Ice
Seeing this and Daisuke's "Kissing You" exhibition makes me think that Yuzuru skating (again) as Romeo in his 20s (Stephane was 23 when he skated this performance) will be to say to least interesting, especially if by then Yuzuru has already had or is having a serious love relationship.

Thank Maria Victoria. We are so lucky to have many beautiful fs performances to watch in internet, anytime and anyplace.

As a fan auntie, I must say there is never a right time to start a romance. Whenever it comes, I wish Yuzu don’t hesitate to embrace his Juliet. And maybe a few years later, he will have a chance to play another kind of R&J with a female skater like this performance: Stéphane Lambiel & Carolina Kostner "Romeo and Juliet" Opera on Ice 2012

Of course, Yuzu should be strong enough to hold his female partner up at that time! ;)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
As a fan auntie, I must say there is never a right time to start a romance. Whenever it comes, I wish Yuzu don’t hesitate to embrace his Juliet.

What a lovely way to put it!

And maybe a few years later, he will have a chance to play another kind of R&J with a female skater like this performance: Stéphane Lambiel & Carolina Kostner "Romeo and Juliet" Opera on Ice 2012

Of course, Yuzu should be strong enough to hold his female partner up at that time! ;)

:love: Stephane and Carolina have this European elegance about them individually and also together as a pair in this performance.

I'm sure Yuzuru will be strong enough when that time comes for him to sweep his partner off her feet. :)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
icechannel the channel on YouTube that have a lot of high quality Yuzuru´s ´r program is closed now :(
Quite a lot of good Youtube skating channels have disappeared recently, for "repeated copyright violations" or whatever. I think because Youtube = Google, they have ways to automatically search for copyright violations, using direct access to the video files.

I find it annoying, because Youtube is often the only way to see a lot of stuff.

I wish the copyright holders would actually make videos available themselves - I'd put up with the inevitable advertising, or even pay a subscription for it directly. But no - they simply sit on their copyrighted material, and do nothing with it... yet they will pay Google to find and take down videos posted on Youtube. Where's the logic in that?!

Well, regardless of channels being taken down regualrly... new Youtube channels have a habit of springing up to replace them... or videos appear online in other places (where Google doesn't have direct access to them)...

Meoima

Match Penalty