Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 248 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Interspectator

Record Breaker
His second performance in the second half was much better. He completed his jumps ok.
But he is not in his top form. -I suppose that's normal as it is off season and he is learning new programs.
Anyway, Daisuke and Lambiel were the highlights of the show for sure. So magnificent! There is tomorrow and Hanyu has another chance to do better.
I'm filling up a page with various Hanyu sketches. Will post when completed.

ser22

On the Ice
His second performance in the second half was much better. He completed his jumps ok.
But he is not in his top form. -I suppose that's normal as it is off season and he is learning new programs.
Anyway, Daisuke and Lambiel were the highlights of the show for sure. So magnificent! There is tomorrow and Hanyu has another chance to do better.

I agree!

HanDomi

Record Breaker
He just looks totally tired of performing this program. Just imagine how many times he had to do this for last 2 seasons :biggrin:

mikaboo

Medalist

Yes, I thought Daisuke was fantastic for both his programs.

Here is Yuzuru's 2nd performance. Ienaiyo with Hiromi Go.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Yes, I thought Daisuke was fantastic for both his programs.

Here is Yuzuru's 2nd performance. Ienaiyo with Hiromi Go.
-Talk about having a bad day! The singer was off the WHOLE TIME! It's one of my pet peeves when live singers sing off key. I wonder if he had a cold? In any case, it takes away from the performances, but I guess there's no help for it.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
-Talk about having a bad day! The singer was off the WHOLE TIME! It's one of my pet peeves when live singers sing off key. I wonder if he had a cold? In any case, it takes away from the performances, but I guess there's no help for it.
thank you for saying it first so I don't have to be the first one to b*tch about sth again :laugh:

Yuzusan

On the Ice
thank you for saying it first so I don't have to be the first one to b*tch about sth again :laugh:
I totally agree with you. How can you jump well with such a bad singer ? Even me I sing better than him, I'm good in Karaoke ... Definitely not a good day for Yuzu's jumps.

mikaboo

Medalist
Hiromi Go is super famous but not for his singing abilities. One of the reasons I didn't want to watch it live even on TV is because I thought I'd be cringing every time he sang off key. I was right. :eek:hwell:

Here is the closing act.

Edit: Yuzuru appears from around 4:10 if you want to save your ears.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Really seems Yuzuru was not in good shape that he even not tried another quad at the end of show :biggrin:

SuzyQ

Medalist
there might be some hope left for our poor ears :laugh:
http://nonchan1023.tumblr.com/post/88075352108/in-the-process-of-editing-yuzurus-foi-performance-so
let's wait and pray for a miracle!

Wrong choice of a singer for an ice show, that's for sure :bang:

Hiromi Go was a Japanese pop idol long time ago, with lots of hit songs, probably before most of the people here were born.
I didn't think he was such a bad singer. He still has fans and doing concerts.
I couldn't believe my ears tonight. I asked my husband many times if the sound was off key or not. I wonder what I heard on TV before was with sound effects?

He doesn't look 58 anyway.

Poor skaters. But the finale was good, trying not to listen to the song.

Nomi

Rinkside
Really seems Yuzuru was not in good shape that he even not tried another quad at the end of show :biggrin:

It looked almost like he skating trying to protect his right foot or leg, the way he land all of his jumps like trying to land extra careful :/ he did not approach them like normal, so hopefully he maybe some tired or overwhelmed by all the recent choreography and not hurting somewhere

Yuzusan

On the Ice
It looked almost like he skating trying to protect his right foot or leg, the way he land all of his jumps like trying to land extra careful :/ he did not approach them like normal, so hopefully he maybe some tired or overwhelmed by all the recent choreography and not hurting somewhere

True, I noticed that when I watched him during the opening, at the end of the triple axel, the posture of his right food is not the same as normal time. It is normal to preserve the health during gala.

Concerning the ending, remind me how we call the posture that Yuzu did at the end ? when he slides, showing with his fingers people.
The end of his spin was beautiful.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
But in this second performance and in this costume Yuzuru looked like younger brother of Tatsuki :laugh:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

I think that's the best attitude to take.

And looking forward to seeing your sketches. :)

But in this second performance and in this costume Yuzuru looked like younger brother of Tatsuki :laugh:

Yes, I got that sense too as his arm movement seems more fluid.