Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 250 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
It wasn't a good night for Yuzu's jumps, but c'mon, it's the off season and he's still going for 'em quads and triple axels! I swear, back in the good ol' days, skaters didn't try this stuff at exhibitions! :laugh:

PW admittedly kinda ran out of steam when he stepped out of the first jump. The beginning was cool and confident as usual by the end he really looked exhausted. I don't blame him at all though--he's basically been on tour non-stop.

The program with Hiromi Go was... yeah. I basically tuned out the singing. But I think Yuzu performed it better than PW, and I love his outfit! Just the right amount of glitter! His Biellmann at the end was fantastic (much better than the not-quite-round donut in PW).

He looked so happy skating with Johnny in the opening... and doing Johnny's trademark backbend slide... I couldn't help getting "Aww" vibes, even if this means we're treated to more Johnny Weir-designed outfits. :laugh:

makaihime

Final Flight
Thanks for all the links :yay: I only watched Javier's and the opening, didn't get to watch Yuzuru's yet but going by what's said it seems his jumps were off yesterday. Its half-way through off season....I'd be a little concerned if he's in his top form right now :laugh: And didn't he just finish his new programs? Plus he must have had to study for college exams so its probably exhaustion.

Side note` I'm so excited for his new programs :party: Can't wait to see what he has in store for us.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Thanks for all the links :yay: I only watched Javier's and the opening, didn't get to watch Yuzuru's yet but going by what's said it seems his jumps were off yesterday. Its half-way through off season....I'd be a little concerned if he's in his top form right now :laugh: And didn't he just finish his new programs? Plus he must have had to study for college exams so its probably exhaustion.

Side note` I'm so excited for his new programs :party: Can't wait to see what he has in store for us.

When is the end of the college year in Japan?

echotpe

On the Ice
Plus he must have had to study for college exams so its probably exhaustion.

Oh, it's really tough! The first part of spring semester in Waseda University was ended in 6 June, the day before PaOI show. And not to mention he also attended the ceremony of JOC Sports Awards at same day.

Note: Waseda University has spring semester and autumn semester, each divided into two parts.
Spring: 1 April to 6 June and 7 June to 1 Aug.
Autumn: 21 Sep to 22 Nov and 23 Nov to 23 Feb

Here are the Hanyu Sketches I was working on earlier. Enjoy http://fav.me/d7lg394

:love: Love the one in bottom right corner! You exactly draw his beautiful and bright eye expression!

Nicky_10

Rinkside
Lucky me, today is only one show! I hope they were able to relax yesterday evening and can show me a great performance today!!

mikaboo

Medalist
Here are the Hanyu Sketches I was working on earlier. crowded into an A4 paper.
Enjoy http://fav.me/d7lg394

Very nice! :clap: Thank you for sharing.

Lucky me, today is only one show! I hope they were able to relax yesterday evening and can show me a great performance today!!

Good thing it stopped raining as well. Good luck to all the skaters and Hiromi Go on his throat and have a great time!

Miki posted this on her instagram.
Yuzuru getting too much love from his senpais.

And poor Maxim!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Was he trying to do a 4A? Because it seemed like it...unless he overrotated his 3A too much....which is also weird
...I don't think he'd be that crazy, to try 4A in a show during the off season. Looks like he went into it with too much power, maybe overcompensating after he missed the first jump.

ayarose

On the Ice
And there is a reason why he is so tired.

isn't he on the E-course? he's not obligated to appear on campus. nevertheless the off ice activities for JOC still factors in. I hope he goes back to Sendai after today and just spend time with his family.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
isn't he on the E-course? he's not obligated to appear on campus. nevertheless the off ice activities for JOC still factors in. I hope he goes back to Sendai after today and just spend time with his family.

But he has to do test and finish homework. So, the only difference you are not on campus. The students in similar program at the university I work said E course is harder than regular class

makaihime

Final Flight
Taking E courses requires a great deal of self-discipline and many find it harder than traditional courses actually. Its generally more writing intensive and the work schedule they have is pretty rigorous. Sitting in a classroom, there's always some teachers that gives you a day off the homework, or you can sometimes slack off but that's not really possible with online courses and you are always required to participate in board discussions. It really depends on the person, but many find E courses more difficult because its very easy to fall behind and fail the class.

echotpe

On the Ice

E-course have many assignments of reports instead of examinations in class. They have deadlines to post by the end of semester. It never is easier to study (in my Coursera experience, it is even harder!)

And next weekend, there are three ice shows in Sendai for Yuzu's Olympics victory. He gets to do rehearsals with other skaters. Another busy week!

By the way, TV news reported the FaOI of yesterday. The funny thing was while the female reporter praise his "fantastic performance"; Yuzu replied her English pronunciation is good! ;)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yufea_140608-%E3%80%87%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BF%E3%83%AB_sport

Esopian

Final Flight
And there is a reason why he is so tired.

I was also wondering about why he seemed a bit 'off' that day, first it's because he has to juggle school work, learning new choreography and ice show rehearsals. Second perhaps it's jet-lag? He hasn't been in Japan for long, and it takes a while to get used to almost 12 hour (day to night) time difference.

We should cut him some slack because nobody is perfect 24/7, the good thing is that he always seems to be in a different mindset when he's in competition. The look in his eyes are more concentrated and has a 'I have to do this' type of feel. Another good thing is that we have more things to discuss on this forum after this ice show! ;)

ayarose

On the Ice
But he has to do test and finish homework. So, the only difference you are not on campus. The students in similar program at the university I work said E course is harder than regular class

I forgot about the tests and paper works, LOL. At least he doesn't need to commute to school. I hope Waseda cuts him some slack a little, like adjust his schedule around his activities. I know some actor/idol said that they are allowed to write "excuse" letters on their exam papers detailing why they can't answer some of the questions. Although on the second hand, that may only work for those who goes to campus.