Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 251 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

HanDomi

Record Breaker
According to report from other forum Yuzuru landed today in PW 4T, 3A :clap: and fall on 3Lz :scowl:

Nicky_10

Rinkside
I didn't watch the videos, that were posted yesterday yet, because I didn't want to spoil myself too much, so I can't compare it, but here are some impressions from todays show.
At first I have to say it was a really great experience!!
Hanyu-kun appeared during the opening with an axel and a wonderfull spin! When it was his and Johnny Weir's part, both were doing the へ-pose and I think when they went out again, they did this pose, where yesterday pictures were posted!!
He performed PW before the break, and I had the feeling that he wasn't that motivated, but before the jumps it was as if he was beeing exchanged with the usual Hanyu-kun and he didn't fall on the first two jumps, on the 3rd he fell and when he was standing up again, he smiled cutely and put his hands together to apologize!
The second part started with Hanyu and Daisuke appearing back to back, and they talked about who they want to thank, and while telling an episode about their mothers, Hanyu-kun told that because he's living far from his family for training in Toronto, he uses the same shampoo as them, to feel a bit at home... (If I understood right :D)
For the second program he performed (same as yesterday?) together with Hiromi Go. And as much people here tell he should stop doing the Biellmann spin, it's just soooo beautiful!!

As a bonus to laugh, I can tell two episodes of Hiromi Go:
- he was announced as the man with the beautiful singing voice... And the told the audience he wants to sing in a way for the skaters to perform easily and that we should not only remember the skate performances, but also his songs
- during the second talk he had, he told, that it's the first time for him, that he's standing on stage, singing and no one watches him :)

I can't belive I typed all of this out on my phone....

foruiz

Final Flight
^It seems like a better day for our boy :clap: But then this time the show isn't broadcasted anymore, right? I hope Go-san's singing voice is better this time around! :laugh:

SuzyQ

Medalist
Thank you Nicky_10 for your report :clap:

You are such a lucky one.
In your report, I like this part.

"He performed PW before the break, and I had the feeling that he wasn't that motivated, but before the jumps it was as if he was beeing exchanged with the usual Hanyu-kun and he didn't fall on the first two jumps, on the 3rd he fell and when he was standing up again, he smiled cutely and put his hands together to apologize!"

I felt the scene was just in front of me.
Thank you again, Nicky_10 :yay:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Here are the Hanyu Sketches I was working on earlier. crowded into an A4 paper.
Enjoy http://fav.me/d7lg394

Thank you newbie spectator for sharing your beautiful work. I think I get what you mean by your statement that "Hanyu's face is challenging to draw because it cannot be treated like a 'male' face and must not completely handled like a 'female' face either." Seeing your drawing of Yuzuru's Ina Bauer in a horizontal position reminds me of a trapeze artist flying through the air or a parachutist (minus the parachute) after jumping off the plane.

I didn't watch the videos, that were posted yesterday yet, because I didn't want to spoil myself too much, so I can't compare it, but here are some impressions from todays show.
At first I have to say it was a really great experience!!
Hanyu-kun appeared during the opening with an axel and a wonderfull spin! When it was his and Johnny Weir's part, both were doing the へ-pose and I think when they went out again, they did this pose, where yesterday pictures were posted!!
He performed PW before the break, and I had the feeling that he wasn't that motivated, but before the jumps it was as if he was beeing exchanged with the usual Hanyu-kun and he didn't fall on the first two jumps, on the 3rd he fell and when he was standing up again, he smiled cutely and put his hands together to apologize!
The second part started with Hanyu and Daisuke appearing back to back, and they talked about who they want to thank, and while telling an episode about their mothers, Hanyu-kun told that because he's living far from his family for training in Toronto, he uses the same shampoo as them, to feel a bit at home... (If I understood right :D)
For the second program he performed (same as yesterday?) together with Hiromi Go. And as much people here tell he should stop doing the Biellmann spin, it's just soooo beautiful!!

As a bonus to laugh, I can tell two episodes of Hiromi Go:
- he was announced as the man with the beautiful singing voice... And the told the audience he wants to sing in a way for the skaters to perform easily and that we should not only remember the skate performances, but also his songs
- during the second talk he had, he told, that it's the first time for him, that he's standing on stage, singing and no one watches him :)

I can't belive I typed all of this out on my phone....

Thanks Nicky _10 for sharing your personal experience and the trouble you took on our behalf. I hope your first experience watching a skating show live will be followed by many. :)

I can relate to Yuzuru's story of using the same shampoo as his family in Japan so that he can feel he is at home with them. In my case, I find it comforting to know that at the same time I am attending the 9 am English Mass in Myeongdong Cathedral, my family is also hearing Mass back home in the Philippines which is just an hour behind Korea. It's really hard to be separated from your family specially in Yuzuru 's case as he was only 17 when he moved to Toronto and, as Brian Orser noted, sheltered. Good that he has mother and that support team that mikaboo informed us about.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
@Nicky_10 thanks for your report! Looks like you had a great time. Was Hiromi's voice good? he had trouble the day before

Nicky_10

Rinkside
@Nicky_10 thanks for your report! Looks like you had a great time. Was Hiromi's voice good? he had trouble the day before

Not really... He's a former Johnny's Entertainment artist, so there's not much to expect... At the beginnin it was kind of ok, if you ignored some wrong notes, but the longer it went, the wronger did he sing, and also during his talking parts it seemed like he wasn't that well

annca

On the Ice
People say that Yuzu was actually trying a 4A. What do you guys think? :biggrin:

i think the gif is a 3a

but they were debating about it on twitter that yuzu tried a 4a yesterday at the opening number during the afternoon show but fell. i still dont know if its confirmed or denied soo...

angelfacehanyu

Match Penalty
He is more than just a total package for figure skating.
He was literally born to own this sport.
First of all his physique = very very thin but has long legs and long arms so that he is proportioned like a prima ballerina... He looks so beautiful in an androgynous and angelic way

But the most important bit is his skating skills
He's very fast, jumps very high has one of the best spins in the world and also is very flexible (one of the few men who can perform a biellman spin to this age).

Also he's very musical and has great connection between his jumps so that he becomes one with the music as he feels it instead of just treating the music as a disconnected classical BGM (some top skaters do this...).

To me he is a very perfect skater, well-balanced.