Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 253 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

yhmafan

Medalist
I found English lyrics for the song “Ienaiyo” by Hiromi Go
I know most Yuzu fans here think that the singer is bad, but I think the song is good.(at least not bad:biggrin:)

Ienaiyo (I Can't Tell You)

You laughed until you cried
You wipe away the tears with your slim fingers
I clown around because I miss your smile
I’ve tried so many times
To stop hiding everything and tell you, but

I can’t tell you I love you
You’re closer to me than anybody else, too close
It’s sad that it’s just a dream
My lips get close to you
But they miss

You told me about your last love one day
Whenever you relax with me and trust me, I weaken

Ah, I couldn’t bear it
If someone took you away, but still

I can’t tell you this is love
If only I could turn back time
To the time when we didn’t know each other

I could come up with
100 reasons to hate you
But when I spend the night alone
Even my pretences of being strong are back to square one

It’s sad that it’s just a dream
My lips get close to you
But they miss
I can’t tell you

I miss you, I’m alone again today
I can’t sleep, my eyes
Are embracing you

I don’t know it is a proper translation or not though…..:slink:

ioanna

Record Breaker
OK I see. But that should totally be fine to be taken as a joke. "It was great for (most of) the fans" equals to "it was great for the P&G customers".

What moved me most, is Dai chan's statement: "This is our ace". "うちのエース" has a strong hint of "I am pround of him". It was true that (I might again touch some unpleasant topic and I apologize in advance) some of Dai's royal fans still behave unfriendly to Yuzu today even in FaOI because of the so-called "ACE" title despite that Yuzu said publicly he doesn't want nor like the ace thing. Dai's endorsement of Yuzu as "our ace" is a very warm support to Yuzu. That's Team Japan. And that is Takahashi Daisuke, the real hero on the ice. I might have thought too much and over-interpreted the context. Please ignore me if you do think so :slink:
I think the reason why some of his loyal fans have shown unfortunate behavior towards Yuzuru has more to do with other things than Yuzuru winning OGM. From reporters who were pestering him after the games forcing him to admit defeat and "pass the torch" to his younger team mate, to the federation who was thought to be less supportive of him after Yuzuru's ascension, and there are probably more behind the scenes things I'm not familiar with.

This doesn't mean their behavior is justified in any way so hopefully Dai calling Yuzuru "ace" was most importantly a message to his fans assuring them he is feeling ok now, has accepted his performances and as pioneer of men's figure skating in Japan, he is very proud of Yuzuru's accomplishments. He's out of competition from now on (for at least a season), he doesn't see him as a rival anymore and wants them to become closer friends. By taking numerous pictures with him doing various poses (and shocking people in the process :laugh:), he's making those certain fans understand that they need to embrace and support Yuzuru just like he's doing now. :)

ioanna

Record Breaker
Thank you too u-chan. As a Daisuke fan myself, I support Yuzuru as the new captain of the men's team. Helped by Tatsuki, he will hopefully push his team mates (Keiji, Shoma, Ryuju) to strive harder and build a new force similar to the Daisuke - Nobunari - Takahiko team. I am very pleased that Takahiko decided to continue and his presence will be of great help in the team. I'm also hoping for better results from Takahito Mura.

Whoever feels the need to put down other skater's accomplishments to highlight their personal favorite do not deserve to be called fans. As example I prefer Tatsuki's skating style to Yuzuru's but that does not stop me from supporting Yuzuru as well. Even if Daisuke himself decides to come back next year I'll still be supporting all of them as a team. ;)

mikaboo

Medalist
Thank you too u-chan. As a Daisuke fan myself, I support Yuzuru as the new captain of the men's team. Helped by Tatsuki, he will hopefully push his team mates (Keiji, Shoma, Ryuju) to strive harder and build a new force similar to the Daisuke - Nobunari - Takahiko team. I am very pleased that Takahiko decided to continue and his presence will be of great help in the team. I'm also hoping for better results from Takahito Mura.

Whoever feels the need to put down other skater's accomplishments to highlight their personal favorite do not deserve to be called fans. As example I prefer Tatsuki's skating style to Yuzuru's but that does not stop me from supporting Yuzuru as well. Even if Daisuke himself decides to come back next year I'll still be supporting all of them as a team. ;)

:clap:
Thanks for the insight ioanap. I hope things will change for the better after this demonstration from Daisuke.
I read in one of the earlier ice show reports this season that Shizuka and Akiko had appointed Kozuka as TJ's new leader. Probably because he's the oldest now? Hopefully this will lift some burden off Yuzuru's tiny shoulders.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Lol those fan's attitude has nothing to do with Hanyu winning OGM and everything to do with him winning (Or as they call it, stealing) that national title 2 seasons ago. :rolleye: I'm just glad the "idol" is nothing like his fans.

As for being TJ's newly appointed leader, I do hope Kozuka stays for another 2-3 seasons since he's my bias in TJ

ioanna

Record Breaker
I read in one of the earlier ice show reports this season that Shizuka and Akiko had appointed Kozuka as TJ's new leader. Probably because he's the oldest now? Hopefully this will lift some burden off Yuzuru's tiny shoulders.
Yes, I can see why Shizuka and Akiko consider Takahiko as the new leader. He is a senpai figure to all the skaters representing Japan following the next season and is the most experienced one left.

Takahiko and Yuzuru are both going to be, in different ways, models for everyone else to follow. What I like about this team is the fact that every one of them has a different style than the other. I cannot compare them. Yuzuru's strength is his technical performance, Tatsuki is the artist, Takahiko has great skating skills and I admit I'm looking forward to see Shoma more since he resembles Daisuke a lot :laugh: even if his technical elements are still problematic, unfortunately.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

Wow. Your post was a great surprise to me. Not gonna lie, I thought you disliked/hated Yuzuru. Sorry for misunderstand you ;)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Found this on twitter. Guess is about FaOI, can someone translate please?
https://twitter.com/yuzu_cocco/status/475786398071402496/photo/1

Yuzuru said in the interview of "Figure Skate Days Vol. 18" that he has decided to retire after PyeongChang Olympics, at the age of 23 (from the competition, I think) :scratch:
Well Yuzuru, a little like Mao, has been in the spotlight of Japanese figure skating since he was very young (I think he was 12 or 13 the first time he competed in National seniors), and don´t think he has really and oportunity to "live" outside the figure skating buble. Even now while leaving in Canada it seems to me like he only do two things: training and studying. It will be natural for him to want to see the life, go to a festival, get a girlfriend, and live a normal young man life (this is also the reason why Kanako was considering retiring too, even when she is only 19yo).

Beside he really seem to like college, so I think he would like to practice what he is learning (read it was sport psychology).

Lol those fan's attitude has nothing to do with Hanyu winning OGM and everything to do with him winning (Or as they call it, stealing)
Don´t know much about it (I´m not trying to create controversy), can you explain why would they think that, please?

makaihime

Final Flight
A bit surprised today.

Yuzuru said in the interview of "Figure Skate Days Vol. 18" that he has decided to retire after PyeongChang Olympics, at the age of 23 (from the competition, I think) :scratch:

http://ameblo.jp/atomu5551/entry-11849177696.html

But, Daisuke also was trying to retire after Vancouver, anyway. God only knows.

He has mentioned it a few times. In one of the interviews he said he's not sure if his body can physically handle another 8 years, but that he's still "50/50" right now (quoting Mao's 50/50 lol) He's a naturally competitive person so I'm not sure he can stay away even if he wanted to :laugh:

But we still have a few more years till we need to worry about that so lets just enjoy it for now~

ioanna

Record Breaker
Wow. Your post was a great surprise to me. Not gonna lie, I thought you disliked/hated Yuzuru. Sorry for misunderstand you ;)
I like and admire Yuzuru as a person, I am always in awe when I see him pushing the technical limits but I am not a fan of his skating style yet; I prefer other skaters over him, such as Takahiko, Tatsuki and Shoma but this is only based on personal tastes (Shoma is nowhere near Yuzuru's level and once again I'm able to admit that even if I like him more). However I'm still keeping my eyes on Yuzuru's development and maybe one day I can add him on my favorites list :biggrin:

A bit surprised today.

I don't blame Yuzuru for wanting to retire after Pyeongchang since he's been working hard at the highest level for a while, and has another 4 years in front of him. The difference between Yuzuru and Daisuke is that by 2010 Daisuke was barely starting to get the results he wanted and he was deprived of a competitive season because of his injury. The Worlds 2011 incident pushed him to want to continue his career dreaming of the ultimate goal - the OGM. Yuzuru has already accomplished all this.

ayarose

On the Ice
A bit surprised today.

i hope he is just being vague but his program layout is physically demanding so it won't be surprising if he does. although i think that will eventually depend on how is the Japanese skating scene by then. he might feel indebted and decides to stick around a little longer.

SuzyQ

Medalist
He has mentioned it a few times. In one of the interviews he said he's not sure if his body can physically handle another 8 years, but that he's still "50/50" right now (quoting Mao's 50/50 lol) He's a naturally competitive person so I'm not sure he can stay away even if he wanted to :laugh:

But we still have a few more years till we need to worry about that so lets just enjoy it for now~

After 3.11, maybe the time before going to Canada, I remember he said he would like to be a top skater for long, just like Plushenko. And, he said recently, "Half-half (50/50)", imitating Mao.

So, I was just surprised he said so expressly about the retirement after another 4 years.
He mentioned in the interview about some sort of vacancy after the Olympics. Maybe he said this because he has actually experienced the Olympics. But I reiterate. Only God knows.

u-chan

Spectator

oooooh, I'm very sad if you use the word "prefer". I came here because I'm big big fan of Yuzuru,,,,. When I find something bad for Yuzuru, I suffer very much even the word " I prefer ooo to Yuzuru",,,.:rolleye: I love Yuzuru's skating style, his spirit, everything. Anyway, I enjoyed videos of FOI!