Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 257 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

annca

On the Ice
I'm a bit confused about why Machida is considered an "artist" and Yuzu is not? :confused:

believe me.. i've been wondering about the very same thing. :disapp:

i too never saw yuzu as someone who is artistically challenged. sure he favors his technical side at times but never saw him as one who lacks when it comes to artistry.

mikaboo

Medalist
I cannot wait to see this show! I expect it will be very emotional to have Plushy and Yuzuru sharing the ice. One thing that seems odd though, no ladies in the cast? I wonder why?

Yuzuru is going to melt away on that ice with 2 of his idols beside him (or get a nose bleed).
How lucky for the people who were able to get tickets to see Plushy there as well.

Fans in Japan are calling the show "Otoko Matsuri" (Men's Festival) because there are no ladies in the cast so far.
I'd imagine there'll be female junior skaters from Sendai Rink unless they're making a conscious effort not to include ladies for some reason.

Windy

Rinkside
Fans in Japan are calling the show "Otoko Matsuri" (Men's Festival) because there are no ladies in the cast so far.
I'd imagine there'll be female junior skaters from Sendai Rink unless they're making a conscious effort not to include ladies for some reason.
:laugh:

Also anyone notices this show will be on Friday the 13th? And a full moon day or sth?
I'm not superstitious, but they sure know how to pick a date ^^;

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
believe me.. i've been wondering about the very same thing. :disapp:

i too never saw yuzu as someone who is artistically challenged. sure he favors his technical side at times but never saw him as one who lacks when it comes to artistry.

There is always going to be critiscm. It's only when a skater is so good that people are forced to criticize qualities which are above par for most. Therefore criticism in this case may just be compliments in disguise of his many other attributes:yes:

annca

On the Ice
There is always going to be critiscm. It's only when a skater is so good that people are forced to criticize qualities which are above par for most. Therefore criticism in this case may just be compliments in disguise of his many other attributes:yes:

:agree: thank you for putting it in a more positive perpective :)

lady_bee

Medalist

Also anyone notices this show will be on Friday the 13th? And a full moon day or sth?
I'm not superstitious, but they sure how to pick a date ^^;

I am the one who are going to see OTOKO-MATSURI, on Friday the 13th:biggrin:

And Lucky me! I 've got a ticket of FOI in NIIGATA:party2::party2::party2:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
This fearless boy always made (big) smiles at solemn occasions.

JOC Sports Awards ceremony
oh yes, that's a good one, too :laugh: I love that about him

Yuzuru is going to melt away on that ice with 2 of his idols beside him (or get a nose bleed)
I'll just admit that this actually made me chuckle :laugh: (I think there might be something wrong with us)

but in all seriousness, I'm really happy for the kid :) getting to share his own show with people he admires so much, seems like a much greater and more personal reward than many of those awards he's been given lately. He's worked hard for it, I say he deserves it :yes:

mikaboo

Medalist
I'm not superstitious, but they sure how to pick a date ^^;

Ah, I didn't notice. :eek: People here probably think it's just a title of a movie. And it's a full moon on the night? Does that mean the boys will be howling??

I am the one who are going to see OTOKO-MATSURI, on Friday the 13th

And Lucky me! I 've got a ticket of FOI in NIIGATA

Wow, you are so lucky and I am so jealous!
Please report to us on your experience if you can maintain your sanity during the show. :yay:

I'll just admit that this actually made me chuckle :laugh: (I think there might be something wrong with us)

but in all seriousness, I'm really happy for the kid :) getting to share his own show with people he admires so much, seems like a much greater and more personal reward than many of those awards he's been given lately. He's worked hard for it, I say he deserves it

What do you mean there might be something wrong with us? I think I'm perfectly normal thank you very much :cool:

Yes, it's great that he can get all these fabulous skaters to come and skate in his home town. I hope he can continue to do this every year.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
What do you mean there might be something wrong with us? I think I'm perfectly normal thank you very much :cool:
so do I, but the voices keep telling me that I'm not :popcorn:
but I'll take it back, I'm sorry, you're perfectly normal, I'll just be weird on my own :biggrin:

And it's a full moon on the night? Does that mean the boys will be howling??
awesome idea :laugh: I can already see the Twilight theme. They got werewolves in that one, don't they? And I've been told those vampires sparkle, which would be perfect for all the glittery skater bling.

lady_bee, don't forget your tissue box then :biggrin:

mikaboo

Medalist
awesome idea :laugh: I can already see the Twilight theme. They got werewolves in that one, don't they? And I've been told those vampires sparkle, which would be perfect for all the glittery skater bling.

The Twilight theme:think:… vampires…. nose bleed…. panic at Xebio Arena!
And I've kind of decided on who's playing which role in my head. OK, let me join your club for weirdos.

lady_bee
Take some cotton balls for your nose too!

The pedo bird signing Yuzuru's board doesn't make sense to me, but I hope it makes sense for Sendai soccer fans.

Windy

Rinkside
I am the one who are going to see OTOKO-MATSURI, on Friday the 13th:biggrin:

And Lucky me! I 've got a ticket of FOI in NIIGATA:party2::party2::party2:

Lucky you! Are you from Sendai?? :love:

Full Moon Friday the 13th is actually quite a rare occurrence. The last time it happened was in October 2000, and after 2014, there won’t be another one until August 2049. (So, like I said, they sure know how to pick a date :D)

echotpe

On the Ice
【article】How does Yuzu think about his choreography?

I just read an article in Figure Skating No.63 (published in late April 2014).

Yuzu was interviewed after Worlds tournament. There is one part fresh to me – his thoughts regarding choreography. It’s quite rare in public. I just made a translated summary as following:

photo in magazine

Q: In last season, David Wilson choreograph for your LP and Jeffrey Buttle did for SP. What are their features of choreography?
Y: I felt the free program was collaborated with both of us. It made me a little surprise. (Nothing more, only one sentence about DW in the article! :think:)

Speaking of Jeff’s work, it is a kind of self-centered type. As long as the choreography completed, he hope you get to follow and execute his initial arrangement. However, in “Paris Walkway” chore process, something was different.

Jeff initially arranged two jumps in first part of program. But I wanted to take advantage of 1.1 times scores where jumps in second half. So I said to him “sorry Jeff, I wanted to put two jumps in second half.”

He listened and acknowledged to me and we worked together from the bottom to arrange the program. To me, I was involved these two programs in some way, and thanked the choreographers who fully considered my thought to finalize the programs.

Q: Is it better to skate if you're involved in choreography?
Y: The reason I'm involved in choreography was that I would play the program in many tournaments within whole season. Any competition is stressful. If the program I skate didn't be carefree to me, the stress will happen up.

No doubt, high level jumps will increase the difficulties of the program. If your choreography with jumps made you feel stressful, the program is a meaningless one. In order to design a non-stressful program with jumps, I care of the layout.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
【article】How does Yuzu think about his choreography?

I just read an article in Figure Skating No.63 (published in late April 2014).

Yuzu was interviewed after Worlds tournament. There is one part fresh to me – his thoughts regarding choreography. It’s quite rare in public. I just made a translated summary as following:

photo in magazine

Q: In last season, David Wilson choreograph for your LP and Jeffrey Buttle did for SP. What are their features of choreography?
Y: I felt the free program was collaborated with both of us. It made me a little surprise. (Nothing more, only one sentence about DW in the article! :think:)

Speaking of Jeff’s work, it is a kind of self-centered type. As long as the choreography completed, he hope you get to follow and execute his initial arrangement. However, in “Paris Walkway” chore process, something was different.

Jeff initially arranged two jumps in first part of program. But I wanted to take advantage of 1.1 times scores where jumps in second part. So I said to him “sorry Jeff, I wanted to put two jumps in latter part of program.”

He listened to me and we worked together from the bottom to arrange the program. To me, I involved these two programs in some way, and thanked the choreographers who fully considered my thought to finalize the programs.

Q: Is it better to skate if you involve in choreography?
Y: The reason I involve in choreography was that I would play the program in many tournaments within whole season. Any competition is stressful. If the program I skate didn't be carefree to me, the stress will happen up.

No doubt, high level jumps will increase the difficulties of the program. If your choreography with jumps made you feel stressful, the program is a meaningless one. In order to design a non-stressful program with jumps, I care of the layout
So next time we see a program we don´t like we put 50% of the blame in Yuzuru? ;)

I´m kidding, but is nice to know that he gets involve in his choreography that much.