Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 258 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Esopian

Final Flight
There is always going to be critiscm. It's only when a skater is so good that people are forced to criticize qualities which are above par for most. Therefore criticism in this case may just be compliments in disguise of his many other attributes:yes:

This comment is really well written and thought out; criticism comes in different forms but that could also switch into a compliment because people are actually paying extra attention to find faults, maybe even hoping for his improvement secretly. ;)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I'm not sure I'd call it "influence" necessarily. Sometimes you just get things if you ask nicely :biggrin: if nothing speaks against it and he wants to do it, why not follow an invitation.

echotpe

On the Ice
fw tweet message about ISU Grand Prix assignments 2014-2015 season!

"For those wondering: ISU Grand Prix assignments won't be decided at ISU Congress in Dublin (this week). GP selection meeting is slated for June 26-27."

So next time we see a program we don´t like we put 50% of the blame in Yuzuru? ;)
I´m kidding, but is nice to know that he gets involve in his choreography that much.

Well, sometimes we can't argue with this young man's taste!:cool:

And another fan message in fb mentioned that Ms Nanami Abe is one of choreographers for TOI. Not sure for Yuzu or not but be excite to see.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I am the one who are going to see OTOKO-MATSURI, on Friday the 13th:biggrin:
Have fun! Remember to stay away from ladders! :laugh:

(Seriously though, I don't think Japan has huge fears of Friday the 13th since the majority of their population isn't Christian. However, western culture has seeped into there enough that the date is likely intentional).

but in all seriousness, I'm really happy for the kid :) getting to share his own show with people he admires so much, seems like a much greater and more personal reward than many of those awards he's been given lately. He's worked hard for it, I say he deserves it :yes:
This, so much. Skating with Plushy and Johnny at his own show will likely be a special memory that medals can never offer. So happy for him, after all his years of hard work.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Have fun! Remember to stay away from ladders! :laugh:
(Seriously though, I don't think Japan has huge fears of Friday the 13th since the majority of their population isn't Christian. However, western culture has seeped into there enough that the date is.
Japanese people are not fond of the number 4, which is pronounced as Shi - the same pronunciation of Death in Japanese. With them, 4 is the unlucky number I suppose. Well, even in my country they are not fond of the number 4, same reason as Japanese people. :slink: number 13, on the other hand, is not much cared about.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Japanese people are not fond of the number 4, which is pronounced as Shi - the same pronunciation of Death in Japanese. With them, 4 is the unlucky number I suppose. Well, even in my country they are not fond of the number 4, same reason as Japanese people. :slink: number 13, on the other hand, is not much cared about.

4 is my favorite number :laugh:

giulia95

Medalist
Actually the event looks like a big rock/pop music party instead of a traditional Ice Show! I would really like to be there, I would really like to be a fly spying around :laugh:

Nicky_10

Rinkside
Actually the event looks like a big rock/pop music party instead of a traditional Ice Show! I would really like to be there, I would really like to be a fly spying around :laugh:

I'll join you as a fly!!
I get more jealous of those who can go, with every news we hear about this show!!!

mikaboo

Medalist
Has this been posted? (I looked through the last few pages quickly)
Video of the practice and arrival of Plushy in Sendai.
http://media.ox-tv.co.jp:8088/contents/supernews/20140612/8.mp4
The video is from Sendai Housou News: http://ox-tv.jp/supernews/smp/news-article.aspx?rno=37225

Did I see right, that they're going to show it in TV on 23rd (monday) at 7?

Yes, and I think they are only going to show an hour of it :frown:

Edit: Adding a youtube link to the same video as above.

Nicky_10

Rinkside

Yes, and I think they are only going to show an hour of it :frown:
:( well, an hour is better than nothing!!

I wish I could go... At the moment I try to distract myself from the fact that i can't go with translating Hanyu-kun's interview in the FOI pamphlet, so you can expect a translation sometime soon from me :)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
uh uh uh, yaaaaay, thank you for posting this :yay: that was definitely Change during that practice snippet, happy happy happy :biggrin:

And I don't know what's wrong with my brain... but I keep reading that Together On Ice abbreviation and all I can think is "great, now he's officially a Toi Boy" (I need help. And possibly therapy :laugh: but I will never get that out of my head again)

foruiz

Final Flight
uh uh uh, yaaaaay, thank you for posting this :yay: that was definitely Change during that practice snippet, happy happy happy :biggrin:

And I don't know what's wrong with my brain... but I keep reading that Together On Ice abbreviation and all I can think is "great, now he's officially a Toi Boy" (I need help. And possibly therapy :laugh: but I will never get that out of my head again)

And I remember some posts a few pages back that we wish to see him do Change again now that he is 19! :yay: Toi Boy like Boy Toy? :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't help but think of the old tongue twister "Toy Boat...Toy Boat...Toy Boat...Toy Boyt...doh" :slink: