Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 259 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

lady_bee

Medalist
~Pamina~ & mikaboo, thanks for your advice!
Tissue box & cotton balls, I won’t forget.:biggrin:
Sandpiper, I will stay away from ladders, for sure.;)

Yes, Windy, I am living in Sendai, and very, very lucky to get the ticket, even though 13th is not the day I was trying to get, and my seat is on the second floor of the short side of the link.
I had tried every release (pre-order, pre-order for members only, general release, additional release), but had succeeded only that one. :eek:

It's been raining for a week in here,
I hope it will stop on the weekend and all the skaters will be able to enjoy their stay in Sendai!

giulia95

Medalist
~Pamina~ & mikaboo, thanks for your advice!
Tissue box & cotton balls, I won’t forget.:biggrin:
Sandpiper, I will stay away from ladders, for sure.;)

Yes, Windy, I am living in Sendai, and very, very lucky to get the ticket, even though 13th is not the day I was trying to get, and my seat is on the second floor of the short side of the link.
I had tried every release (pre-order, pre-order for members only, general release, additional release), but had succeeded only that one. :eek:

It's been raining for a week in here,
I hope it will stop on the weekend and all the skaters will be able to enjoy their stay in Sendai!

you're sooo lucky!!!!:)

we'll wait for your report anxiously!:yay:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Wow, the day when they were young. Valuable shot, 3Q!:thumbsup:
Yuzu was in juniors at that time. Past quad really changed much in their careers.
White legend costume, that was his first SP in senior already. He joined senior when he was 15.

makaihime

Final Flight
Love that picture of Yuzu with Yana and Plush

I'm so happy he's doing Change again! And possible with the live? :love:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
A new word to me :laugh:

It may be Tsubame in Japanese.
It literally means "swallow" - a bird. I don't know why it is called so.
A trivia for you :biggrin:
trivia time. nice. thank you :biggrin:
note to self: don't drink and read at the same time.
If you have to start laughing in the middle, you might die.
(I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to post here what I'm thinking right now, so... *sits on hands*)

:laugh: you are helpless Pamina ><
I know, I apologize, I don't know what's wrong with me :laugh:

mikaboo

Medalist
And another fan message in fb mentioned that Ms Nanami Abe is one of choreographers for TOI. Not sure for Yuzu or not but be excite to see.

:yay: That's great! I was wondering if Nanami Sensei is involved.

Not part of TOI but a #throwback

DOI 2010: http://instagram.com/p/pD7EtnplzE/

And Yuzuru has secured his position next to Plushy :laugh:
Coincidentally, I was just watching this video from the time I think the picture was taken. Almost everyone's jump attempts failed.

echotpe

On the Ice
White legend costume, that was his first SP in senior already. He joined senior when he was 15.

Well, Yuzu was debut in seniors tournaments in 2010-2011 season. However, Dream on Ice was held in 2010 summer(6/26) and it's his last ice show in junior!

As a news said earlier that he may release his new SP in DOI this late June, I'm not sure whether it was the similar occasion that he released White legend in DOI 2010. :think:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Ooo, looks like Yuzu is almost as tall as Plushy now! But please don't grow any more, Yuzu. The world will be a very strange place if you end up taller than Plushy. :laugh:

I noticed Plushy was calling Yuzu "Yuzuri" XD
Cut the Russian dude some slack! At least he wasn't calling him Yazunoru. :biggrin:

Is that the men's changing room? (Hey, if you guys can talk about Toi Boys, this is a perfectly acceptable comment!)

Coincidentally, I was just watching this video from the time I think the picture was taken. Almost everyone's jump attempts failed.
Yowch. Now that wasn't a good day for anyone's jumps. Lol, Stephane, you cheater!

ayarose

On the Ice
Well, Yuzu was debut in seniors tournaments in 2010-2011 season. However, Dream on Ice was held in 2010 summer(6/26) and it's his last ice show in junior!

As a news said earlier that he may release his new SP in DOI this late June, I'm not sure whether it was the similar occasion that he released White legend in DOI 2010. :think:

If I remember correctly he did premiered White Legend at DOI. I'm getting old :p

SuzyQ

Medalist

The audio not available on You Tube.

This is OK.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTg4MDkzNzky.html

Yuzusan

On the Ice

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Seems that he is still practicing quad loop, I think he was preparing for it on this rehersal video : )

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Ok, shiroKJ posted this on the Team Japan thread and I think is kind of funny. Is and interview with Tanaka Keiji and Hino Ryuju (both the same age as Yuzuru, he was suposse to be in this interview too, but got sick--- this was after GPF 2012 if I understand):

CATCHING UP TO THE MONSTER

——Kozuka-senpai talked about the generations and Ryuju-senshu’s jumps and then left…… I would like to know if you are training quads. In this year’s final, Hanyu-senshu, Takahashi-senshu, Kozuka-senshu, all three of them landed quads.
Keiji: The seniors are amazing……
Ryuju: Regarding the quads, it’s doubtful we can land them…… Ah, wait, no, this guy (*points finger at Keiji*) can.
Keiji: No way, I haven’t trained them recently.
Ryuju: Keiji was insane this summer. I only saw him land one, but that one I saw was godlike!
Keiji: Only landing one means nothing (laughs). I haven’t properly trained them. It doesn’t work out if you don’t train them consistently. I won’t do it in competition if I just land crapshoot attempts every now and them.

—You two are still young. Yuzuru-kun just progressed really fast, but you guys are just getting started.
Ryuju: But, we’re the same age, I’m impatient……

——There is a monster in the same generation as you ne…… He’s not feeling well today, but he was incredible at the final. During the press conference after the short, he declared “I’ll be back here tomorrow!” before leaving.
Keiji: That’s so Yuzuru, I’ve almost fallen for him!

——You two should make a confident declaration like him as well.
Ryuju & Keiji: No, no, we can’t!
Ryuju: No, we really can’t (laughs). It would be terrible if we said something and ended up failing.
Keiji: Yuzu doesn’t fail so is able to say things like that!

——Wouldn’t it be best if you tell yourself you won’t fail so you don’t like Yuzuru-kun does.
Ryuju: If I tell myself I won’t fail, I will surely fail……

——You two are quite depressing without Yuzuru-kun here… Let’s try to talk about something brighter…… let’s get a comment from both of you about the other.
Ryuju: All right, for Keiji, just talking about showing your strength isn’t enough. You have to get even higher scores and give even better performances. I’ll be waiting for it. So, good luck (laughs).
Keiji: I’ll do my best (laughs). Not only did you do well here at the finals, you also did at Westerns and Junior Nats. You were able to put it together to get ahead. But, you’re still feeling impatient? Well, you two have your own goals. It motivates me to want to do my best.

——About those goals, do you have anything to comment about Hanyu Yuzuru-senshu who isn’t here with us today.
Ryuju: Yuzu is… incredible. He has improved so much since last year. Now he can securely do a quad in the short. His free has two types of quads. He’s almost perfect. His growth in one season is impressive, where will he be by the season’s end? Whether he’s your friend or not, as a human being, honestly, I am excited to see how much he can keep going.
Keiji: He really isn’t just thinking about skating, he’s aiming for the top of the top. I don’t have it in me to steadily catch up to him. I just don’t have the strength. I’d never catch up even in one lifetime. I will do my best.

——I’m sure Yuzuru-senshu is waiting for you to catching up to him.
Keiji: There’s no way he’s waiting! For as long as we can remember, he’s always been running up ahead.
Ryuju: He might say, “I’ll be waiting,” but what it means is, “I’ll be going on ahead!” (laughs).

——He has said that being the only one winning is boring. He wants to have skaters to compete with.
Keiji: He’ll be fine. There are other much higher caliber skaters for him to compete with.
Ryuju: It wouldn’t be good enough competition. It’s fine for us not to compete.

——But you three made it all the way here to Sochi!
Keiji: We made it here, but we’re in different categories.
Ryuju: The level of competition is different.

——You two made it depressing again. Well, give it your all and go make the final group at Nationals.
Ryuju: Making the final group is too much. If I made it, I would be frozen stiff and wouldn’t be able to skate.
Keiji: When I made it to the final group last year, god, I felt like I was going to die. But, because of the how the skating order turned out, I was able to skate.
Ryuju: Luck was all on Keiji’s side back then ne.

——Ryuju-senshu, don’t you want to experience being in the final flight?
Ryuju: I still have long ways to go, it’s not time yet. If I make it on a fluke, I’ll be done for.
Keiji: It’s so nervewracking. During the skating order draws, I was so nervous I was going to die (laughs). Oh god oh god!

——You two don’t want to make it into the final group…… All right, when you three make it to the senior finals together, we’ll make of photobook of you three.
Keiji: Yuzu can take up 90% of the photos. The two of us will take the remaining 10% (laughs).
Ryuju: And besides, Yuzu would be the prominent one anyway……
Keiji: You know Yuzuru’s calendar came out right? I saw it at a convenience store, and I didn’t expect it to be so expensive. I said, “Oh, Yuzu’s came out. It’s the same price as Dai-chan’s! (laughs).

——If you two do well, we’ll make your calendars and photobooks too. Anything.
Keiji: Well, I’ll do my best (laughs).
Ryuju: We’ll do our best!

I don´t if these two were serious ir jocking but man, lol :laugh:... they really are depress.