Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 261 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
maybe we should add fellow skaters and/or idols to that list (unless you want to count those as fans) :biggrin: I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that some opinions might just mean a little more than others

I'm sure Yuzuru enjoys a :biggrin: when taking in praise like "genius" from the likes of Plushy. :yes:

Yulia has talked a lot about how much she looks up to Yuzuru and is in awe of his jumps. She seems to beam with a beautiful smile when he clearly shows he likes her too and NO!! I'm not a shipper. You can't tell me all the support she gets in Japan isn't more rewarding than any medal. It just makes that WC silver that much more meaningful!!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I agree the China comment was out of line. Not to mention ridiculously misinformed. He didn't say it during the Olympics though. He said it several years ago.

I don't see anything wrong with the quote from the recent article--that he is skating for himself first and foremost. We live our lives for ourselves, and there's nothing wrong with that unless we're hurting others while doing so. If being patriotic is the life you want, great! If you like to achieve things for yourself, also great! I don't hold it against Patrick (or anyone else, which includes the vast majority of skaters) if he's the latter.

annca

On the Ice
i dont think what he said about doing it for himself was that offensive because all/many skaters do so too.  yuzuru (somehow) meant it too after worlds 2014 that what drove him to land that quadsal was himself wanting to win.
i dont know.. for me, i think it has the same meaning  and maybe thats what pchan was trying to say. he does have a history of sprouting unnecessary comments that are always taken out of context hehehe.  

my wish is for him to comeback (i still dont see why theyre hyping nam as canada's new star yet) with a newfound vocab that is as good as his skating skills lol and battling it out with yuzu ( with both of them having clean programs)! that will be awesome!

makaihime

Final Flight
I do hope that Patrick will come back, at least for one more season--just so him and Yuzuru can go at it once more and this time, cleanly. :biggrin: That would be so exciting to watch regardless of who comes out on top.

Esopian

Final Flight
Wow, the conversation and topic changed drastically from the last time I visited this forum. ;) (not that I'm complaining)

I find Patrick and Yuzuru's rivalry really interesting and he's partly the reason why Yuzu improved so much over the past few years: it's because Yuzu wanted to catch up to Patrick Chan. Now that he has overcome Patrick, I still wish for them to have a good rivalry.
-

What bothers me a bit is when he talked about that incident at sochi gala. First him posting that injury pic one month after the Olympics but right before Yuzu's worlds competition kinda gave me weird feelings. Second, during that Strombo interview which was aired on April 3rd, when the interviewer asked "did he do that on purpose?", he replied "was me posting that kinda implying that? ... People really think that I am posting this to get back on him, but no. It's urh...''-- It's what ?? Wish the interviewer hadn't cut off the conversation...

Good rivalry aside, I agree with you Skatefan22.

The injury photo Chan posted does raise fans' eyebrows. Was that for pity? Or did he just feel like sharing proof that he got cut by Yuzuru's skate blade (by accident)? :rolleye: What he explained during the interview didn't help either. Did Chan have to publicize his cut on instagram?

(Those were some questions that popped up in my mind after seeing his post.)

echotpe

On the Ice
It's been raining for a week in here, I hope it will stop on the weekend and all the skaters will be able to enjoy their stay in Sendai!

Someone posts the weather information of Sendai in net. Today and tomorrow will be sunny days! Your expectation comes true.:)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10413424_10203266048546969_358930546316522165_n.jpg

More and more good things happen to the show, just like an ice festival more than expectation. Enjoy the music ice show and share us later!

skatefan22

Medalist
''Was me posting that kinda implying that?''
As I am not native english speaker, I dont know how to interprete that sentence. Does he actually believe that Yuzu did that to him on purpose? This is a question that I have had for two months and never had a chance to ask ...

makaihime

Final Flight
Off-topic - But :party2::rock: to the live version of Change! Now, the question is which sweater will he wear? :p

''Was me posting that kinda implying that?''
As I am not native english speaker, I dont know how to interprete that sentence. Does he actually believe that Yuzu did that to him on purpose? This is a question that I have had for two months and never had a chance to ask ...

I mean....Patrick was the one skating out of position so...the real question is this : Did Patrick run into Yuzuru on purpose? :laugh:

It is what it is, if he really does believe that :rolleye: Well, nothing anyone else can say will change his mind so no use in thinking too much into it.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Oh cut Patrick some slack! ;) Yuzu slashed him pretty badly at the gala. He shouldn't need to keep quiet about it, even if it's an accident. The timing of the post was a bit... weird... granted, but he's not in a position of power. He can't affect Yuzu's performances.

I do hope that Patrick will come back, at least for one more season--just so him and Yuzuru can go at it once more and this time, cleanly. :biggrin: That would be so exciting to watch regardless of who comes out on top.
Squeaky clean SP and LP, the two of them together? Man, that'll be a dream come true, but I don't think it'll happen. Not even Plushenko and Yagudin ever managed to go totally clean SP + LP against each other (that I can remember off the top of my head; usually one or the other would make a step-out here and a hand down there) and they were more consistent skaters than Patrick and Yuzu.

That being said, if this magical competition happens, I predict Yuzu for the win. His TES will be so monstrous that Patrick won't be able to catch him with PCS.

Esopian

Final Flight
That being said, if this magical competition happens, I predict Yuzu for the win. His TES will be so monstrous that Patrick won't be able to catch him with PCS.

:biggrin: What's great about this thread is that we're all cheering for Yuzu, it's honestly fun to read the comments when we're all hoping for the best outcome in each competition (for him).

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm not even saying it because I want him to win (though I kinda do... even if I feel really bad for Patrick right now). I really think, looking at the scores, that he will. The PCS difference between them won't overcome Yuzu's TES. Patrick fans will cry foul and complain about Yuzu's "juniorish" :)confused:) skating getting magical PCS rises. Patrick haters will laugh with glee that the Chan domination has finally ended, and Patrick can no longer rely on his PCS to save him. Me, personally? Patrick deserves higher skating skills scores, but I don't think that should automatically translate into higher PCS in all the other categories. Who deserves the win will depend on who delivered the better performance on the day, even when both are clean.

(If it's their programs from this season against each other, I'd give it to Yuzu. Comparable SPs, but Yuzu has a better LP thanks to Patrick choosing Four Seasons--what I consider one of the music pieces least suited to competitive skating).

ayarose

On the Ice
This is a bit off topic....but back to the discussion of whether or not Yuzu will retire after the next Olympics....looks like Patrick Chan is thinking about it now, whether to committ to another four year cycle..and he is currently 23...same age Yuzu will be in four years...interesting comment about it being tough having to skate with Yuzu in ice shows right after the olympics...

http://www.cp24.com/sports/chan-say...sappointment-future-plans-uncertain-1.1865660

I tried liking PChan so many times but I never did although I won't deny him his skills. Reading this interview showed the contrast of his & Yuzu's mentality and maybe because of it that I was able to support the kid. They are both perfectionist but how they deal with their flaws differs. I'm more like Yuzu who grabs them by the horn rather than ignore it and on the process let it kill me. As they say what won't kill you will make you strong.

I think that right now Yuzu skates for himself but the added motivation of what it can do for his country helps. I'm so thankful for that kind ojiisan who told him to just skate for himself right after the disaster because it kind of relieved the pressure on his back.

I hope PChan finds his motivation back because I think their rivalry pushes the sport to different levels. Anyways, I hope that when he comes back to Japan next month for THE ICE he would be able to deal with his feelings about Yuzuru better since it's highly probable he would encounter a reminder of Sochi.

On a different note, I found an old clip of Yuzu (2012) and it just re-enforced how so mature his mind is. I don't think I had the same thoughts regarding my passion when I graduated in elementary.

Graduation

echotpe

On the Ice
As usual, please read this tweet summary portal at TOI (6/13) before we find any video uploaded.

There are some tweets interesting to share:
* Plushenko presents to send a bouquet to Yuzu in end of first half show.:clap: (news release)
* Yuzu today perform in five numbers including group ones. (Not sure all numbers exactly)
* Before their performance, every skater leaves a message to Yuzu to congratulate his Olympic win.
* Ms Nanami couple attend the show to witness Yuzu's glory.
* triple jump of two generations!

plus...tweet summary portal at TOI (6/14)

skatefan22

Medalist
The thid picture: Yuzuru, Plushenko and Panda Lyon (I guess) http://cuteiceprincesslove.tumblr.com/post/88658899386/together-on-ice-13-14-06-2014-x-x-x-3

Edit

Yuzuru´s message for a Japanese Red Cross Event "Love in Action"

In the picture with his "mushroom hair" looks to me like he is imitating Plushenko... With the stare and the smirk...;)

That video is cute. Seems like he looks at the board many times. :biggrin:

Some repo says that Yuzu has a new costume tonight. Can't wait to see !!