Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
^Yes, I heard it too that he wasn't allowed to bring Pooh because he is a Disney character and things like this.

Thanks for the video:)

giulia95

Medalist
if I remeber correctly, during the 6 minutes FS warm up, I noticed Javi's Mickey Mouse tissue box was on boards and just behind it a yellow forepaw was quite visible , even if Pooh didn't show up..:)

Choc0Lee

Spectator
Hi guys,
I just watched this video on youtube- one of the parts of the Spirits of the athletes program on Yuzuru. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4xTmzWHeEw

I noticed during his physical therapy/acupuncture session his left ankle is so swollen...is that normal? That doesn't look good, I hope he doesn't wear himself out too much :(

pooh-beanie

Rinkside
Good luck charms don't always make sense, but if that's what gets him to land those quads and triples heck why stop doing it :p

yuzu-kun is very superstitious. i can imagine him bringing pooh to every place he goes even when he's plushenko's age

pooh-beanie

Rinkside
it's not fair he's like THE complete package
hes good with kids
hes polite
hes got terrible english but its so cute
hes no longer jail-bait
hes adorable
hes a great skater
hes got gorgeous jumps and is uber flexible
also has a better biellman than i do
has such long legs for an asian
his tissue box
he can be shipped with anyone and itd still be a great ship

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
hes good with kids
hes polite
hes no longer jail-bait
hes adorable
hes a great skater
his tissue box

Hahahaha LOL

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
hes good with kids
hes polite
hes no longer jail-bait
hes adorable
hes a great skater
his tissue box

The whole post:agree:

Meoima

Match Penalty
hes good with kids
hes polite
hes no longer jail-bait
hes adorable
hes a great skater
his tissue box

In Japan, 19 is still a junior. Hanyu hasn't reached the legal age of majority (20) yet. He's still a teenager.

yude

Record Breaker
Hi guys,
I just watched this video on youtube- one of the parts of the Spirits of the athletes program on Yuzuru. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4xTmzWHeEw

I noticed during his physical therapy/acupuncture session his left ankle is so swollen...is that normal? That doesn't look good, I hope he doesn't wear himself out too much :(

http://www.nikkansports.com/sochi2014/figureskate/news/p-sochi-tp0-20140216-1258304.html

I'm not sure this has something to do with his ankle in this documentary, but this article was published on Feb.16, it says that his body fat is 3 or 4%, his sinewy(sharp) lateral malleolus accumulates water easily caused by wearing hard skate boots. But his body condition dramatically got better in this season thanks to eating strategy.

giulia95

Medalist
http://www.nikkansports.com/sochi2014/figureskate/news/p-sochi-tp0-20140216-1258304.html

I'm not sure this has something to do with his ankle in this documentary, but this article was published on Feb.16, it says that his body fat is 3 or 4%, his sinewy(sharp) lateral malleolus accumulates water easily caused by wearing hard skate boots. But his body condition dramatically got better in this season thanks to eating strategy.

this is very interesting! What kind of strategy ?
thanks in advance!:)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
But his body condition dramatically got better in this season thanks to eating strategy.
Yeah, he keeps saying he doesn't like eating.

I wonder if he is afraid of losing his jumps, if he eats too much and puts on too much weight? I hope not, because I think that's a dangerous idea to believe in. (It's also pretty weird compared to someone like Asada, who loves eating, and never seems to stop! :-D)

I was glad to see "Ajinomoto guy" at the Olympics, his personal cook and dietician. Of course it's advertising for Ajinomoto, but that guy is also a fan of Hanyu and said he'd like to look after Hanyu's diet for his whole career...! I hope he does! An athlete has to eat properly!

Plushenko told him (in his video message) it's important to stay fit and healthy. I'm sure Yuzu will take that advice, when it came from Plushenko!

Pamigena

Record Breaker
well, I for one now just feel like throwing a Pooh Bear made of cookies and ice cream at him......... :p

Kalina

On the Ice
Yeah, he keeps saying he doesn't like eating.

I wonder if he is afraid of losing his jumps, if he eats too much and puts on too much weight? I hope not, because I think that's a dangerous idea to believe in. (It's also pretty weird compared to someone like Asada, who loves eating, and never seems to stop! :-D)

I was glad to see "Ajinomoto guy" at the Olympics, his personal cook and dietician. Of course it's advertising for Ajinomoto, but that guy is also a fan of Hanyu and said he'd like to look after Hanyu's diet for his whole career...! I hope he does! An athlete has to eat properly!

Plushenko told him (in his video message) it's important to stay fit and healthy. I'm sure Yuzu will take that advice, when it came from Plushenko!

His problem is not that he doesn't like eating :confused: but that he was a small eater. Ajinomoto found recipes that stimulated his appetite and were more balanced, and thanks to this he started eating more and has been healthy all season. If anything, he had 'bad' eating habits for an athlete. But he has never been worried about gaining weight -- in fact, to whoever asked he kept saying that he could eat whatever he wanted because he was just naturally thin.
He also likes sweets and snacks on chocolate often (which is not exactly a weight-conscious behaviour).

In his latest IFS interview (released at the beginning of the season) Orser said that Yuzuru was worried at first about doing off-ice training, because he thought gaining mass would affect his jumps. In the end, what he's doing is aimed at making him stronger and increasing his stamina. His parents don't want him to do weight training until he's finished growing, anyway.

Choc0Lee

Spectator
His problem is not that he doesn't like eating :confused: but that he was a small eater. Ajinomoto found recipes that stimulated his appetite and were more balanced, and thanks to this he started eating more and has been healthy all season. If anything, he had 'bad' eating habits for an athlete. But he has never been worried about gaining weight -- in fact, to whoever asked he kept saying that he could eat whatever he wanted because he was just naturally thin.
He also likes sweets and snacks on chocolate often (which is not exactly a weight-conscious behaviour).

In his latest IFS interview (released at the beginning of the season) Orser said that Yuzuru was worried at first about doing off-ice training, because he thought gaining mass would affect his jumps. In the end, what he's doing is aimed at making him stronger and increasing his stamina. His parents don't want him to do weight training until he's finished growing, anyway.

Wow I did not know about his dietician. As long as he stays healthy and doesn't injure himself beyond repair!!

giulia95

Medalist

Many thanks for the explanation, Kalina !:)

Why his parents don't wont him to do weight training?

What is Yuzu doing as off-ice training?