Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 43 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Paola D

Rinkside
wow I hope the relationship between Chan and Yuzu is still fine. However based on his description on instagram I guess he hasn't received the apology from Yuzu. :slink: He sounds a little sour for me...

Here's a link of the video Yuzuru actually went over to Chan to check him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Kxt1O-y0E

I actually saw another video where the scene is in a bigger size where he went over to Chan and touched him and apparently asked him if he was OK . Too bad I can't provide the link of the video because in Japan the fever on him is being just crazy now, there have been numberless news, aritcles, stories, photos and Tv shows that include him before/during/after Sochi, so it is totally impossible to catuch up with them.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

I actually saw another video where the scene is in a bigger size where he went over to Chan and touched him and apparently asked him if he was OK . Too bad I can't provide the link of the video because in Japan the fever on him is being just crazy now, there have been numberless news, aritcles, stories, photos and Tv shows that include him before/during/after Sochi, so it is totally impossible to catuch up with them.

Thank you for the link Paola D. It only confirms what I think: that it will be out of character if Yuzuru did not at least check if Patrick was OK. I recall him rushing to Tatsuki's side when the latter had a fall during Olympic practice. Brian Orser also mentioned how Yuzuru and Javier help the other get back on his feet after a fall on the ice.

I also hope that if you are not too busy you can also share with us the gist of the notable features on Yuzuru that came out in Japan (or at least the ones you think the members of this forum should be aware of). The whole country must be so so proud of him. For sure he will bring many more honors to Japan.

yude

Record Breaker

Thank you for the link, Paola D!! Yes, I heared that the bigger size of the video exists somewhere (maybe we can find it on twitter?), but I'm not willing to do it because there is the possibility that the haters tweeted it with the link which I don't want to read it:p (very complicated situations in Japan...I hope you know what I mean). Please get well soon, Patrick!

jace93

On the Ice
Thank you for the link, Paola D!! Yes, I heared that the bigger size of the video exists somewhere (maybe we can find it on twitter?), but I'm not willing to do it because there is the possibility that the haters tweeted it with the link which I don't want to read it:p (very complicated situations in Japan...I hope you know what I mean). Please get well soon, Patrick!

what's going on in japan? why they should hate on yuzuru or patrick:confused:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

Thank you so much! Although the video is not clear, it's a relief that he went to check he was ok.

phaeljones

On the Ice
Thank you for the link Paola D. It only confirms what I think: that it will be out of character if Yuzuru did not at least check if Patrick was OK. I recall him rushing to Tatsuki's side when the latter had a fall during Olympic practice. Brian Orser also mentioned how Yuzuru and Javier help the other get back on his feet after a fall on the ice.

I also hope that if you are not too busy you can also share with us the gist of the notable features on Yuzuru that came out in Japan (or at least the ones you think the members of this forum should be aware of). The whole country must be so so proud of him. For sure he will bring many more honors to Japan.

:agree: Yuzuru is first class in every way.

Vanilla Smile

Rinkside
Thanks Paola for the link!

I know every idol has his haters as well, but I am curious what on earth someone would say against Yuzuru. Someone who can tell us more what's going on in Japan regarding this?

yude

Record Breaker

I'm so sorry to make you confused, jace93. No it has nothing to do with Yuzuru and Patrick. As far as I know and feel, Patrick is respected by figure skating fans (including Yuzuru's fans of course) in Japan. No problem at all:)

Thanks Paola for the link!

I know every idol has his haters as well, but I am curious what on earth someone would say against Yuzuru. Someone who can tell us more what's going on in Japan regarding this?

Figure skating is popular in Japan, there are some fans who are very intense. But I personally think that it is wasting time to react to those people, so I just ignore them:biggrin: I really thank Paola D for posting the link of the video! (I believed in Yuzuru, though)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Figure skating is popular in Japan, there are some fans who are very intense. But I personally think that it is wasting time to react to those people, so I just ignore them:biggrin: I really thank Paola D for posting the link of the video! (I believed in Yuzuru, though)

I agree with your thinking Yude. Life is too short to dwell on hate when one can follow more constructive pursuits.

From the youtube videos of skating competitions in Japan, Japanese figure skating fans are on the main respectful and supportive of foreign skaters. They appreciate great skating be it from their own skaters or the latter's competitors. I remember how they cheered our very own Michael Christian Martinez in the 2013 FCC in Osaka. So I expect a great skating atmosphere in the 2014 Worlds in Saitama which hopefully will result in great performances. Looking forward to Yuzuru to do just that and achieve a personal Grand Slam of skating's biggest titles this season: GPF, Olympic, and (praying it will be so) World champion.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/3372/language/en-US/Default.aspx.

Link to an article on Brian Orser, who has just guided Nam Nguyen to become Junior World Champion at 15 (same age as Yuzuru when he won that title).

Brian says Yuzuru has been showing off his Olympic gold medal at the change room (boys will be boys :biggrin:) but then willingly goes back to the ice to train on basics. Sounds good for Saitama. :)

Thanks for the article maria ^^.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Thanks for the article:)

"Orser treads a fine line with Hanyu: the passion is more controlled, but Orser doesn’t want Hanyu to lose it, either."
This is exactly what I think about Yuzu's skating right now. The passion is still there. He gained a lot with Orser as coach.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Thanks for the article:)

"Orser treads a fine line with Hanyu: the passion is more controlled, but Orser doesn’t want Hanyu to lose it, either."
This is exactly what I think about Yuzu's skating right now. The passion is still there. He gained a lot with Orser as coach.

For sure he have now alot more stamina : ) I think his FS in terms of it's construction is currently the best in the world under COP with his jumps execution skills. Personally I really like this program, good music cuts with good jumps locations. For me really enjoyable. I think they will stay with that next season ( to allow Yuzu master it like he did with his SP ) making some adjustments to overall dynamic and maybe music change. It was good step in Yuzu career to make him a bit more calm in program to control it, and make him stronger, and propably now they will be adding part by part old good "wild" Hanyu dynamics ( I hope that : ) ) when now he will be able to fully control it.

giulia95

Medalist
fortunately the passion is still there every time Yuzu skates to Nanami/Miyamoto programs , together with good posture and a good control of the upper body part movements, he has been doing their programs throughout the season. Actually the only missing program is R&J n°1 . Will it be the next world EX ? :)
To me it seems a sort of tribute/ celebration.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
fortunately the passion is still there every time Yuzu skates to Nanami/Miyamoto programs , together with good posture and upper part body movements, and it’s a bit akward he has been doing their programs throughout the season. Actually the only missing program is R&J n°1 . Will it be the next world EX ? :)
To me it seems a sort of tribute/ celebration.

It would be just fantastic if he would do R&J°1 at Worlds EX ( if he will do what he have to, to be there ofc ! :) ) :love::love:

jace93

On the Ice
well since all of his ex have been a tribute to this past quad I truly hope that he will skate RJ as his last exhibition... it would be truly... fitting? I'm not even sure that this word can be used this way:eek::