Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 48 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Whatever music Hanyu chooses for the next season, it should be something with a theme or story that means something to him... or something he can relate to, or "connect" to.

In my opinion, that is when a skater gives their best... when they can add real feelings/emotions... or they can "live" the story... or get right into the "groove"... etc. And then they can move the audience, or draw them into the performance.

I think Romeo & Juliet #1, and Parisienne Walkways... both worked like that (but in different ways of course).

Can anyone tell me what this video is about?
It seems as if Yuzu is about to cry :( (but he seems more lovelier than ever, I feel guilty for that)
And though I cannot understand his words, guess his interview skill was so polished even in his younger ages.
The interview starts at 1:10.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJcMlkl5Vlk&feature=youtu.be
I'm guessing that's shortly after Shizuka Arakawa used her 2006 Olympic gold medal influence to get her (and Hanyu's!) home rink in Sendai re-opened, and he's happy he doesn't have to travel away from Sendai for training any more...

I think this is also something that opened Hanyu's eyes to the power of an Olympic gold medal... to influence, to help others, etc

Rinkside
Sorry, this is completely off topic (and kind of ridiculous), but with all this talk about Pirates of the Caribbean, and that vid with the skating pirates, I couldn't help but imagine Jack Sparrow on the ice, skating in some sort of a competition, with his funny gestures and all, and just imagine what kind of faces he would make to the judges.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Yes,indeed...he would be a very very CUTE pirate :love:

Oh,well...I must admit that I think I have a problem lately ...every time I listen to a song I imagine how Yuzuru would skate on it :laugh::scratch:

I think I have the same problem :laugh:

It seems I just can't stop
Oh please don't. Everyone has many good ideas for music that it's so enterteining! (plus I discover music I've never listened to before)

Sorry, this is completely off topic (and kind of ridiculous), but with all this talk about Pirates of the Caribbean, and that vid with the skating pirates, I couldn't help but imagine Jack Sparrow on the ice, skating in some sort of a competition, with his funny gestures and all, and just imagine what kind of faces he would make to the judges.

Now I can't stop imagining that :rofl:

Kelly

On the Ice
Is there any news that whether Yuzuru has been back to Japan yet for the Worlds? Thanks.

Rinkside
After junior worlds Nam said he was leaving for Japan today, so I thought that's probably when all of them are going.

SuzyQ

Medalist
I want to thank to "thank you" from everyone for my linking of the anime, and I would like to send all the "thank you" including mine to the creator, riofabrique. I really hope she (maybe) will make another one :)

Well, the Worlds is just around the corner :yay:

I'm hoping to see his R&J No. 1 even as EX Encore, although we don't know what he will perform at the gala yet :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcKbQbWIofQ