Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Thanks for the update :). I am praying that Yuzuru lands the quad salchow and finishes this "golden" season on a high note. For all his hard work, sacrifice, and dedication, he deserves such an ending. Come what may, I am just so proud of and happy for him for what he has already accomplished so far.

My thoughts exactly! :agree:

I don't want him to be under pressure because of the public and from my point of view there will be no problem if he won't win because I'm already a fan and I'll support him no matter what. But I think he deserves to win and he wants it very much. Especially after Sochi it's important for him to have a clean FS. Not to mention that if he has a similar FS (please no) there will be a lot of bad comments about him (because yeah there's too much hate and envy. he's just a kid those people who make bad comments about not deserving to win the OGM don't know at all). And I don't want him to hear any bad comments which can affect him. Actually I think I'd like him to be kept away from all the comments about his performances:laugh:

Vanilla Smile

Rinkside
Agree, and I want him to return to Canada as soon as possible in order to keep him away from the craziness there is in Japan presently.

SquishyDumpling

Rinkside
Agree, and I want him to return to Canada as soon as possible in order to keep him away from the craziness there is in Japan presently.

Sorry, but I gotta say that the international fans can be just as crazy... You got ppl on tumblr and twitter saying that they can stalk him at the Cricket club.....These ppl treat him as if he is an idol when he is a freaking athlete....

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Sorry, but I gotta say that the international fans can be just as crazy... You got ppl on tumblr and twitter saying that they can stalk him at the Cricket club.....These ppl treat him as if he is an idol when he is a freaking athlete....

I agree some international fans act the same. The difference is that in Japan I think also the media contributes to the craziness.
Wow, happily I don't have a tumblr account, the idea of stalking is.. :bang:

Esopian

Final Flight
My thoughts exactly! :agree:

I don't want him to be under pressure because of the public and from my point of view there will be no problem if he won't win because I'm already a fan and I'll support him no matter what. But I think he deserves to win and he wants it very much. Especially after Sochi it's important for him to have a clean FS. Not to mention that if he has a similar FS (please no) there will be a lot of bad comments about him (because yeah there's too much hate and envy. he's just a kid those people who make bad comments about not deserving to win the OGM don't know at all). And I don't want him to hear any bad comments which can affect him. Actually I think I'd like him to be kept away from all the comments about his performances:laugh:

There is a lot of pressure on him after winning an OGM and competing at the Worlds right after. I think it's good for him to ignore others' judgement, focus on his current state of mind and skate to his heart's desire. It's an expressive sport, after all. ;)

On the comments concerning the possibility of 'fakeness' in his personality, people just haven't accepted the fact that someone who is passionate/dedicated to figure skating and life to this extent exists. How can he completely fabricate his own personality? That would be unreasonable. :disapp:

For this Wednesday on the short program, hopefully he'll pass it like a breeze and skate as well as he usually does in his world-record holding SP.

Though everyone hopes for the quad salchow, even if he doesn't land it and skates cleanly for the rest of the FS, he'll be a secure candidate for first place. :agree:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
On other forum I 've read that Yuzu had good LP run, everything cleanly (also 4S : D, seems he is landing it consistently on practices) done, just little problem at the end with 3Z

giulia95

Medalist
I'm sorry I'm out of the topic!
Hello everyone! I love Yuzuru so much and this awesome forum as well! :love::laugh: And I'd like to ask you for some help so I could understand Yuzuru and his behaviour better.
When I found out about him I was shocked by how outgoing, kind, honest, modest and, what is the most important for me, how sincere he is (and in his behavioiur). But recently my friends have denied Yuzu and his personality. They said that he is too good to be true. They said his personality is too nice to be true. They said something like "He's too perfect to be a human who acts sincerely. He must have affectedness in his actions, behaviour and his personality." So they insisted that his actions and behaviour are affected. And their arguments were like "He's mathematician. His mind is that of a mathematician, analytical mind. He can't act like a girl or little baby. He's very smart and artistic. He may act like that in order to appeal to the audience. And his 'love' towards children, Pooh, his cheerful personality, childish pureness can be affected, "handmade". They mentioned his friendship with other skaters. "His friendship with Javi is strange. Why don't they go out together or make photos together and we rarely see them together? Maybe his sincere character that videos and articles show us is mere fake." They also mentioned his words when his classmates told the interviewer about him in the interview: "Please don't destroy the image of Yuzuru Hanyu!"
Please help me handle that. I can't reply anything against that, I don't want to be mistaken either. I've always thought that Hanyu is a person that has these qualities as his natural qualities and is always natural and organic, sincere with people, audience and himself. I really want to understand Hanyu, not have any doubts about him and tell people true things about him. :bow:

Yuzuru Hanyu is a teen skater, he’s not an idol, a god, an anime/manga character, just a teenager in the real life.:)
He’s a genius on the ice , you may like him or not, you may like his strong and unconventional personality or not.
Surely everytime he competes he gaves everything he has, he always fights till the very end , he never gives up, no matter what. Big samurai spirit!

May be your friends don’t like off- ice Yuzu , but when you’re all alone in the middle of a wide ice rink with thousands of people looking at you and TV broadcasting the event worldwide , it’s impossibile to fake anything and this is the most important concept to keep in mind, IMO.

If you really want to understand Hanyu, my suggestion is to watch the SKATER carefully and all the competitions he had in his career and you may want to start from the very beginning : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMF04B_54nQ

The baby genius was already there!

I hope you ( and your friends possibly ) will enjoy Words! :)

SuzyQ

Medalist
:rofl:
Even as a Japanese, I have to agree with you. Too frenzy here. If he wants to concentrate on skating, I'm afraid his homeland is not the best place for a while.

But, it is a time of cherry blossoms (sakura) in Japan :yay:
The end of this week, and the next week would be the best for o-hanami (cherry blossom viewing) around Saitama and Tokyo. I hope Orser team will enjoy o-hanami before going back to Canada :party2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbzETGV5Sr8

littlexflower

Rinkside
Isn't he going to stay in Japan till late April due to the ice show? I'm sure he and other guys will have time to enjoy sakura blossom :yay:

Vanilla Smile

Rinkside
:rofl:
Even as a Japanese, I have to agree with you. Too frenzy here. If he wants to concentrate on skating, I'm afraid his homeland is not the best place for a while.

Exactly. (Please don't think I'm speaking against Japan, I love Japan so much and I've been studying Japanese for some years). The pressure he has on his shoulders must be extremely overwhelming, but he seems to be a person with steel nerves. Surely it helps the fact that he takes every hard circumstances as a challenge. There is no doubt he is a fighter :)

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
Yuzuru Hanyu is a teen skater, he’s not an idol, a god, an anime/manga character, just a teenager in the real life.:)
He’s a genius on the ice , you may like him or not, you may like his strong and unconventional personality or not.
Surely everytime he competes he gaves everything he has, he always fights till the very end , he never gives up, no matter what. Big samurai spirit!

May be your friends don’t like off- ice Yuzu , but when you’re all alone in the middle of a wide ice rink with thousands of people looking at you and TV broadcasting the event worldwide , it’s impossibile to fake anything and this is the most important concept to keep in mind, IMO.

If you really want to understand Hanyu, my suggestion is to watch the SKATER carefully and all the competitions he had in his career and you may want to start from the very beginning : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMF04B_54nQ

The baby genius was already there!

I hope you ( and your friends possibly ) will enjoy Words! :)

Guys thank you very much! It seems my friends and I are just the part of another culture, that's why we can't convince ourselves that Yuzu's behaviour is 99%/100% natural. I really appreciated you help, I hope you all will enjoy the Worlds and our kid's performances! All of you helped me so much, I'm glad there are such kind and thoughtful people in this blog.
It seems that his obsession over Pooh and cute behaviour is really sincere and not made up. Right? :) Haha, we just can't realize that such young man can be obsessed with toys and children! But I've seen Yuzu crying many times just because of his sensibility and it can assure us that he's natural I guess...
All Japanese skaters from the team are really nice, I also see it. By the way, do you know why the team treats Yuzu, like, coldly? Many fans from my country think that they treat Yuzu as stranger even though they are so polite and nice with him.

chloepoco

Medalist
Guys thank you very much! It seems my friends and I are just the part of another culture, that's why we can't convince ourselves that Yuzu's behaviour is 99%/100% natural. I really appreciated you help, I hope you all will enjoy the Worlds and our kid's performances! All of you helped me so much, I'm glad there are such kind and thoughtful people in this blog.
It seems that his obsession over Pooh and cute behaviour is really sincere and not made up. Right? :) Haha, we just can't realize that such young man can be obsessed with toys and children!
All Japanese skaters from the team are really nice, I also see it. By the way, do you know why the team treats Yuzu, like, coldly? Many fans from my country think that they treat Yuzu as stranger even though they are so polite and nice with him.

I'm not sure why you would think this....I don't see Team Japan treating Yuzuru any differently from other team members. Perhaps you only see what you want to see?

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
I'm not sure why you would think this....I don't see Team Japan treating Yuzuru any differently from other team members. Perhaps you only see what you want to see?

He just didn't appear on many photos with them. He was like always far away from them. I don't want to think that the team treats Yuzu badly, I'm just worried about him. He's appeared on not so many photos while the Japanese team have been having fun together and taking photos together. He was also not with them during the closing ceremony of Olympics. He walked along with old doctor though I think it was because of such important reason as respect towards old man. Aslo, I've seen the photo where all skaters stood together but without Hanyu-san. I remember the fact that Daisuke's not admitted Yuzu's wins over him for a long time.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
He just didn't appear on many photos with them. He was like always far away from them. I don't want to think that the team treats Yuzu badly, I'm just worried about him. He's appeared on not so many photos while the Japanese team have been having fun together and taking photos together. He was also not with them during the closing ceremony of Olympics. He walked along with old doctor though I think it was because of such important reason as respect towards old man. Aslo, I've seen the photo where all skaters stood together but without Hanyu-san. I remember the fact that Daisuke's not admitted Yuzu's wins over him for a long time.

Some just never admits others wins :D Chan for example. Even if he loose, he will say he is the best :biggrin:

Tomorrow big day. Propably Parisienne Walkways for the last time :cry: Let's enjoy that

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I don't think team Japan treats him differently :think:
I heard some comments that he is lonely (+comparisons to Yuna), but, to me, he seems sociable.

I usually don't comment about someone's personality when I don't know that person, but I like that from all the videos, photos, articles etc, you can see a normal teenager. He isn't an ice legend like Plushenko, Yagudin or Yuna. He isn't untouchable. He shares with the audience all his emotions. You know, I remember the way he laid down on the ice after the FS from Finlandia 2013, the way he screamed during the FS at 2012 Worlds..I love that he acts the way he feels.