Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

yyyskate

Record Breaker
:agree:

I agree with you that at FT Yuzu was so much in control and looked stronger in general , even if his body is still very thin. I’m happy it wasn’t my impression only!:)

About spins I think they have improved a lot from the very beginning of the season, True Love spin at 1:35 is to die for and one of the best I’ve ever seen! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku5qVnDSr-c
Yes, That is one beautiful spin, my fav part of true love, it matched that piece of music perfectly, notice when he changes edge and positions and how that matches music!
it is also my impression that Yuzu's inna Bauer and bellman has much better control than before, I guess perhaps, he has better dance training, or just better training in general, such as proper warm up/stretch/strength training regime. I have confidence that he will keep inna bauer and bellman for years to come.

SuzyQ

Medalist
A bit off topic from skating, but,

I think many of you know that Yuzuru is a baseball fan.

This year, (Sendai based) RAKUTEN Eagles won the league title. And also, Hiroshima Carp, Yuzuru's favorite team secured the spot in the Climax Series (just like the Wild Card in MLB). Hiroshima Carp (only team owned by citizens, not by an enterprise in Japan) could not win for years, so Hiroshima fans are so excited :clap:

Yuzuru must be very happy and excited too. I hope this could be a propitious sign for him :)

Both teams are now fighting to win the title of Japanese Champion.

Paola D

Rinkside
There was another comment of Mura on Yuzuru after London Worlds. Yuzu was injured and 9th in SP. Mura said," I didn't worry about 3 spots for Japan at all. I knew Hanyu would climb up. That guy's strength ( I think he meant mental strength) is extraordinary."