Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 62 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

wxunxx

Rinkside
There is no news about it as far as I know. I always wonder which country he is staying in at the moment :biggrin:
I wish he would have an official blog or twitter, but his official HP has not been updated and he doesn't have a cellphone...

Actually Yuzu has already had a cellphone, probably a white iPhone 4s. He got it since April last year and he was learning English with app via his cellphone lol. :laugh::laugh:

HelTra91

Rinkside
I really hate that SC is being held in New Brunswick.. it's so in the middle of nowhere :bang:

That being said, thanks for the information everyone! Party on! :party:

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Welcome to new GS member Paola D!

To other Yuzuru fans: there was a difficulty with Paola D's first post (#1704 above). For those who missed it, here it is again:

MM again: I see this thread is up to page 115. :rock: It has almost caught up to Patrick Chan's fan fest thread and is gaining on Yuna Kim. ;)

(Granted, some posts are more constructive than others..)

Welcome Paola D!

Yuzuru's so exciting to follow, I'm really not surprised at how this thread is growing! In terms of views, it's already passed Patrick's. :agree:

Paola D

Rinkside
Welcome Paola D!

Yuzuru's so exciting to follow, I'm really not surprised at how this thread is growing! In terms of views, it's already passed Patrick's. :agree:

Thanky you, pitterpatter. Yes, Yuzuru is so exciting to follow, talented, bright, intelligent, ambitious, emotional,cute, lovely, beautiful and some people say he is sexy!;)
Plus, his life is dramatic. (Sadly the most dramatic time was after the earthquake, when nobody knew his whereabouts, and finally he was found safe and alive in an evacuation shelter.) Being a Yuzuru fan is like riding on a roller coaster. There are worries, tears, screams, smiles, laughs and joy! How can we take our eyes off him? I'm expecting a lot of dramas from now on too.

Poice

Final Flight
Am I the only one who doesn't like True Love? :disapp: To be honest - for me it's just boring...I don't like music, costume (why so much flounces?) and choreography lacks something. But... 3A was beautiful (as always) and the same goes for spin ;)

mysticice

Rinkside
Am I the only one who doesn't like True Love? :disapp: To be honest - for me it's just boring...I don't like music, costume (why so much flounces?) and choreography lacks something. But... 3A was beautiful (as always) and the same goes for spin ;)

I don't care for it either. I love Yuzu's skating as always but the song is kind of boring. I hope they have something more original planned for next year's ex.
Part of the problem for me may be the camerawork which is always a problem with AOI. Many times it's too far away and switches too much between a skater and a singer. Of course that's the consept of the show but I just want to see skaters up close :eek:hwell:

Paola D

Rinkside
Thanks to everyone for the welcome.:)

I agree on the camerawork. It is dissapointing the hydroblading was so remote on TV. It was one of the most beautiful movements in the program.
I saw this program in the last show and felt his elements became more polished than before. Every movement was smooth, soft and delicate, and everything, even jumps had flow. It was beautiful. I was almost in tears. He got a whole SO. The program shows another Yuzuru. It's hard to believe this is the same skater who did the "Romeo and Juliet" almost one year ago!

"True Love" is NO. 1 hit song of Fujii. It was released one year before Yuzu was born. At that time it was said this song was played in almost every wedding reception and party. And the audience at AOI Tokyo did not consist of only fs fans, but also Fujii's fans. Hearing this song sure must have woken up their sweet memories. I guess it might be the reason why the designer made this costume for him. It was not bad at all when seen live, when he was moving. Actually he is tall and has a small face and long limbs, he can't look bad in anything.(sorry about the uberism:biggrin:) Probably he is the only one who may look fine in this costume.

It's too bad they didn't show the quad contest in the finale. He was the first one who attempted it being pushed by other casts. He made a long approach, did the checking his axis gesture as always, and went for
4T-3A seq, beautiful 4T and a little step out on 3A. He seemed satisfied and happy, and made a fist pump. He went back to the cast and high fived with Dai, Mura and Stephane. Stephane talked something to him, rubbed his back and hugged him tight. Yuzu was so cute when he was jumping up and down, clapping his hands over his head and cheering for Dai and Mura when they went for quads. He was cheerful and in good mood throughout the finale and he seemed really enjoying the time. And we could see he loves to dance!:clap:

By the way, there was a sweet message from Stephane to Yuzu before the show.
" I want him to shake off the fatigue from last season by joining AOI. I hope he will regain his energy to fight for the next season from this show just like I did." (Sorry for my bad English)
He seems to care about Yuzu like his younger brother. I heard they were talking in the finale in one of the shows. Oh, I found he is as tall as Stephane now, maybe a little bit taller. Is he still growing?

Obviously Yuzu was not in top shape yet. His jumps were not so consistent. I heard he started training about one month before AOI, and there was jet lag, so it's understandable. I was really shocked when I read how serious his injury was at London Worlds in Ice Crystal's journal "Crystalline". He could skate only for 4 days before the worlds, he did only skating to regain his physical strength and did only double jumps. It was after he entered London, after he started taking painkillers when he started practicing quads. That is why we heard a lot of disastrous practice reports. Before this show, I didn't expect he would do difficult jumps such as 4 and 3A. I personally hoped he would do easier jumps, like doubles. But well, Yuzuru is Yuzuru. He doesn't want to regress. There are still about 5 months before SC. I hope he will take time. I wish him health and a successful trainig!

giulia95

Medalist
Thanks to everyone for the welcome.:)

I agree on the camerawork. It is dissapointing the hydroblading was so remote on TV. It was one of the most beautiful movements in the program.
I saw this program in the last show and felt his elements became more polished than before. Every movement was smooth, soft and delicate, and everything, even jumps had flow. It was beautiful. I was almost in tears. He got a whole SO. The program shows another Yuzuru. It's hard to believe this is the same skater who did the "Romeo and Juliet" almost one year ago!

Many thanks for your report, you were so lucky to be there!!:)

I like Yuzu's True Love interpretation so much for the same reason you perfectly expressed, the choreo reminds me a lot of my preferred SP , the lyrical and magic Scriabin SP, because of the very intricate steps, fast twizzles and beautiful deep edges...the spin and the amazing distance the 3A covered are to die for:clap:! it's so Yuzu's style!

and Yes!! Yuzu is always YUZU!:laugh:

yude

Record Breaker
Thank you ×100, Paola D!! I enjoyed reading your report so much:yay:

I totally agree on your explanation of the song and costume. Watching his skating (on TV), I remembered the days when I was young. "True Love" is a song with flat melody and very simple lyrics, but I think Yuzuru expresses it well with his pure youth.

I am so happy to hear that Yuzuru seemed to have good time with Lambiel :) Too bad TV didn't air the whole episode:cry:

zydeco88

On the Ice
Thanks a lot for your first-hand report on the last show, Paola D! I see he still retains that rather childish quirk of jumping up and down whenever he feels excited. As bubbly as always, but this bubbly, adorable and affable personality is probably what made all the uncles/aunties dote on him (Jeffrey, Johnny, Jeremy, etc). :laugh: Based on what I've read from Japanese tweets, he also elatedly jumped like that upon seeing Stephane land a quad during June 2 afternoon show finale, after which he welcomed Stephane back with a high-five and they went around the rink, talking to each other. To think that Stephane was one of the people from whom he sought advice for 4T, it's just heartwarming to know that they're on a friendly relationship. Hope to hear of this kind of brotherly interaction during FaOI (Johnny and Javi will also be there, so excited).
I've never disliked "True Love" as a program from the get-go, despite not really liking the song. Choreography was nothing superlative or not particularly mind-blowing as it's something we've seen before from Yuzu; as giulia95 said, it's a style reminiscent of his 2011-2012 Scriabin SP. But his movements were very well-timed to the music and as I watched him move with fluidity across the ice and with gentle expression on his face, while absorbing the lyrics of the song, I could sense the amount of passion he's dedicated to this performance. That alone was enough to make me press the repeat button time after time. :)

By the way, there was a sweet message from Stephane to Yuzu before the show.
" I want him to shake off the fatigue from last season by joining AOI. I hope he will regain his energy to fight for the next season from this show just like I did."
Isn't this the message printed on the show's official pamphlet?

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
Thanks a lot Paola D for such a detailed repo!:clap: I feel exactly the same about the collaboration number and the costume. :agree:

Thank you Tommy as well for the lovely gif, I re-watched this part a lot, lol...and the 3A afterwards was even more amazing, especially the ice coverage of the jump, it's a shame that the camera was a bit far away.

not sure if this has been posted already, but Yuzu appears on a new e-zine cover:
http://www.photojapan.jp/kisscry/

Kalina

On the Ice
These photos looks like they were taken in April at the JSF award ceremony (same hairstyle, same clothes etc.). Akiko still has long hair in her photo. Unless there was another event recently?