Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

Becki

Medalist

I can't imagine little Yuzuru Hanyu drinking beer, let alone get into bar fights and picking up girls period xD But I think Yuzuru will be fine, he seems like a very sensible guy, and knows how to take responsibility for his own skating.

Last edited:

giulia95

Medalist
I can't imagine little Yuzuru Hanyu drinking beer, let alone get into bar fights and picking up girls period xD But I think Yuzuru will be fine, he seems like a very sensible guy, and knows how to take responsibility for his own skating.

The interview at http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=articles&id=2012hanyu gives a good idea of who Yuzuru is as a person and as a skater (I always try to visualize, and really focus on visualizing going through my jumps in my mind. When I am in the best shape, I can see everything; a 360-degree image from every angle. :eek:)

I think Yuzu is extremely mature for his age, but this doesn’t mean he has to face harder training conditions than other skaters.
It seems there’s a lack of communication between Yuzu and his team, they want him to be an “adult” when he skates, but then it doesn’t seem pupil’s opinions count that much in the whole picture…

He has already demonstrated during GPS FS to be able to self- handle his asthma and his stamina better than his team, but this is a very risky and unsafe way to proceede IMO.

If Yuzu needs some periods to rest at home I think the team or JSF should just accept it and support him providing a coach in his hometown rink when necessary. They shouldn’t leave him alone for many weeks in case he can’t or doesn’t want to train in Toronto, expecially when a very big competition is going to happen…

At JN maybe it won’t be sufficient to hope he’ll be fine because he knows how to take his own responsibility despite his young age…Yuzu needs to be strictly supported exactly like everyone else and like his former coach always did.

Since Orser has stated JN are more important then GPF If I remember it correctly, I hope he’ll be with Yuzu very soon.:)

Last edited:

yude

Record Breaker
A little information but Yuzuru was checking e-mail(practice schedule) from Orser on the ice in rink Sendai.
I don't have any idea when the film was shot (maybe after NHK or GPF?).
Yuzuru said in an interview that he liked to train using time shcedule with calendar planed by Orser,
so he might be faithfully stick to the plan when he is alone in rink Sendai(just my guessing!).

giulia95

Medalist
A little information but Yuzuru was checking e-mail(practice schedule) from Orser on the ice in rink Sendai.
Yuzuru said in an interview that he liked to train using time shcedule with calendar planed by Orser,
so he might be faithfully stick to the plan when he is alone in rink Sendai(just my guessing!).

unusual ingredients for a champion recipe : a beloved hometown rink + a kid with his Mom + an e-mail training schedule…. :biggrin:

Go Yuzuru!!!!!!

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Are you talking about Fuji TV stuff for JN that they aired on Saturday night? I watched quite briefly, just a few minutes. Yuzu was absolutely alone on the Sendai rink, no other skaters, no coaches or whoever, jumped a 3F-3T combo with shaky landing, they didn't show anything else, or I missed it since I didn't watch that TV stuff in full. He looked quite usual, maybe he got better after that mysterious virus that hit him before GPF. I think the vid was done after GPF. Orser will come for JN? :confused:

Tommmy

Rinkside

Are you talking about Fuji TV stuff for JN that they aired on Saturday night? I watched quite briefly, just a few minutes. Yuzu was absolutely alone on the Sendai rink, no other skaters, no coaches or whoever, jumped a 3F-3T combo with shaky landing, they didn't show anything else, or I missed it since I didn't watch that TV stuff in full. He looked quite usual, maybe he got better after that mysterious virus that hit him before GPF. I think the vid was done after GPF. Orser will come for JN? :confused:

Maybe this is the video you guys are talking about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrVIQSo3jRg

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Dropping by to add my Congrats to Yuzura, for skating an incredible and amazing SP. :thumbsup:

yude

Record Breaker
He is definitely too skinny..

what does he say in the interview after the SP? thanks in advance!:bow:

Brief translation:

"I was so nervous that I couldn't pay attention to facial expression. I was very surprised and happy to see the score, but I have to focus on tommorow's skating."

"(about selection of the world championships) It's so hard, but Nationals is Nationals. And I have only a bronze medal of this competition so I will do my best to get a better medal tommorow."

After the interview of SP, Yuzuru was saying, "I was SO nervous...I thought my heart would stop beating during 6-min practice".
He seemed to feel relieved. :)

According to the articles, he lost some weight and muscle but he took five days off and could practice as usual.

Last edited:

jjane45

On the Ice
According to the articles, he lost some weight and muscle but he took five days off and could practice as usual.

Thanks for the translation, yude! Hope he has recovered completely from the unidentified (?) sickness from GPF.

yude

Record Breaker
Thanks for the translation, yude! Hope he has recovered completely from the unidentified (?) sickness from GPF.

Just one article (I'm sorry if I'm wrong) says that he saw the doctor and the illness he had was from mental pressure.

Lunna

On the Ice
Thanks, yude!
Wow, if he was nervous I'm glad that it didn't influence his performance like at GPF.