Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
My Prince ascend to his reign as King is so swift, even I never expected this to happen this fast
officially Japanese No.1 :love:

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Oh I love it so much and that’s why I hope Miyatomo will create for him a competition program next year… Yuzu sang even during the magic spread eagle before the 3A, it’s just crazy… :laugh:

wonderful job Sashida & Kenji!!:agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDWZW-mXsVY
I would be very curious to know what Yuzu and Sashida are talking and joking about…

giulia95, this blogger here posted a translation

giulia95

Medalist
giulia95, this blogger here posted a translation

thanks a lot, Pitterpatter and Nonchan!! :bow:

The interaction between Yuzu and Fumiya is so funny and friendly...:)

I like this "creative statement" :

Yuzuru:" If I am not attached to the song, I cannot fully express my emotions. So I was like “I GET TO SKATE TO THIS SONG?! COOL” and I was very happy. I personally want to have communication with the person I collaborate with."

giulia95

Medalist
Many thanks, Yude!:)

from the interview:

- Could you tell us what works for him, since he has trained in Canada?
Orser : I think he's just, um… I think he's much better trained.

:laugh:

Orser: ....And I think he's just gonna, he's maturing into a young man.

He can’t bash the coachless kid because he won the gold medal , so he has to say Yuzu is an independent young adult now , as I wrote in my previous post... but if Yuzu had skated badly, I can’t even imagine....:rolleye:

My feeling is that if Yuzu doesn’t spontaneously fly to Canada very soon , JSF will collect him and put him on the plane directly! :laugh:

Little Yuzu , you were really so brave when you chose R&J as your encore at JN...:bow:

Last edited:

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Orser: ....And I think he's just gonna, he's maturing into a young man.

He can’t bash the coachless kid because he won the gold medal , so he has to say Yuzu is an independent young adult now , as I wrote in my previous post... but if Yuzu had skated badly, I can’t even imagine....:rolleye:

My feeling is that if Yuzu doesn’t spontaneously fly to Canada very soon , JSF will collect him and put him on the plane directly! :laugh:

Why would Brian bash Yuzu? If Yuzuru skated badly, Brian would do his best to be there for Yuzuru in whatever way he needs him to, just like any coach would. I get that you're not the biggest fan of this coaching arrangement, but there's no reason to doubt that Brian has Yuzuru's best interests in mind, as do all of us here.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
pitterpatter said:
Why would Brian bash Yuzu? If Yuzuru skated badly, Brian would do his best to be there for Yuzuru in whatever way he needs him to, just like any coach would. I get that you're not the biggest fan of this coaching arrangement, but there's no reason to doubt that Brian has Yuzuru's best interests in mind, as do all of us here.

This. There's no reason to talk like this about Brian, no matter how much more one loved Nanami (and I'm pretty sure all of us here would have loved to see Yuzu still being with her).

Edit:
Sorry if this video was already posted before, but he's sooooooooo adoreable!! Baby Yuzu <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5lFnbvuH3g&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

giulia95

Medalist

I apologize if I used a too strong verb, not the correct one, but I think Yuzuru took an enormous responsability on his young shoulders when he decided to train coachless after NHK for whatever reason he did it, since nobody from his team or JSF was there to help him training and to support him physically and mentally. A coach can’t be replaced by an e-mail training schedule at this stellar competition level, the kid stayed alone for weeks.

If Hanyu had skated badly at JN he would have personally faced the logical and very severe consequences of his risky choice, fortunately no scoldings were necessary because he won.:rolleye:

But once again in this season, the price he paid was very high and visible and he had to push his body beyond the limit to end the FS at JN and that’s probably the main reason why I’m not the biggest fan of this coaching arrangement. I would like them to have Yuzu's good health as a priority .

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
giulia95 said:
But once again in this season, the price he paid was very high and visible and he had to push his body beyond the limit to end the FS at JN and that’s probably the main reason why I’m not the biggest fan of this coaching arrangement.

Why are you talking as if Hanyu didn't have this stamina issues last season?
Don't remember how exhausted he looked after his LP's last season too?

yude

Record Breaker
After reading some articles, I have a sense that they are building a kind of "bonds" although they still have a lunguage barrier.
There was a scene in a video that Orser crouched down and talked to Yuzuru who was sitting on a chair(not in K&C) and couldn't raise his head because he was very disappointed with his bad skate in FS at Skate America.
I don't know what Orser was saying but I thought THIS might work out.
Yuzuru quoted that he was so worried about SP at JN because he couldn't anything good in 6-min practice but he believed in Orser's words and could skate very well.
With regard to practice style, it looks to suit Yuzuru and lead to good results so far.
Orser limits the number of jumps (Yuzuru tends to keep jumping as you guys know), and he seems to observe Yuzuru very much in order to advise.

Yuzuru said that he wanted to go back to Canada and practice with Orser soon after spending a few weeks in Japan.
He is independent for his age, but he relies on Orser to some extent in my opinion, and I think it is a good thing.
This is their first season, so we will see how they develope together.

I would like them to have Yuzu's good health as a priority .

Yes, good health is the most important thing for him and for us, too! :)

Last edited:

pitterpatter

On the Ice
No worries giulia95, as fans we all worry about him :laugh: I agree with yude though, I'm pretty optimistic about their coach-student relationship, its still just their first season together so lets give them some time to figure out what works best :)

How can someone look exactly like a real life comic character... So cute!

Someone could totally write an entire manga series based off of Yuzuru in the world of figure skating. He definitely looks the part, and he's got the whole 'genius kid aiming for the top of his sport' story going on, a la The Prince of Tennis. I bet he got his cheeks pinched all the time when he was little :laugh:

Becki

Medalist
No worries giulia95, as fans we all worry about him :laugh: I agree with yude though, I'm pretty optimistic about their coach-student relationship, its still just their first season together so lets give them some time to figure out what works best :)

Someone could totally write an entire manga series based off of Yuzuru in the world of figure skating. He definitely looks the part, and he's got the whole 'genius kid aiming for the top of his sport' story going on, a la The Prince of Tennis. I bet he got his cheeks pinched all the time when he was little :laugh:

I would totally read the entire manga series in one night!!!!! :) :)

giulia95

Medalist
Hehe, it has been more than a year since I made this post. How time flies, and so great to see him realize his potential. Good luck Yuzu 2013!

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?35500-Yuzuru-Hanyu&p=597239&viewfull=1#post597239

:agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrwo691pm7I

Some years ago, the very first time I casually watched a Yuzu’s performance, I immediately thought he was lighter than a feather but extremely powerful at the same time , the same unusual combination that has made me love Mao’s skating so much , and I thought because of this he really seemed her little brother.:)

Now the’ve grown up but still share lightness, flowingness, musicality and passion and it’s such a pleasure to watch them skating together...

I wish the best to you all and to all the skaters in the world..

Will we watch Japan Heroes in 2013 Japan Super Challenge?:yay:

jjane45

On the Ice
Does anyone know if Yuzuru's book 蒼い炎 (Blue Flame) is available in English? Or is there a full translation somewhere? Reviews? :D