Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 39 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

figuristka

Medalist
Anyone able to find the small medal ceremony for the FS where Yuzuru would get his Bronze? I haven't been able to find it. Thanks

deedee1

Record Breaker
:bow: to One Gutsy Performance from Yuzuru at London Worlds!
Hope he will soon come back home to be united with his family in Sendai and rest as much as needed to get healthy again.

I admire his fighting spirit, but gosh, the way he skates while being severely injured/exhausted/ill often scares me...I pray to the skating god that he does not end up making his competitive career shorten, in spite of his enourmous talent, efforts and devotions. Take a really good care of yourself, Yuzu.

giulia95

Medalist
zydeco88;727951 [[I said:
[/I]B]we can't entirely blame his coaching team for what has happened. [/B]He could have very well overtrained himself while not under his coach's supervision. Cos how would we know if he didn't? We're not physically there with him to witness what has actually transpired during his training. This kid is just 18 but he's already burdened with lots of responsibility.

Anyway, it was really commendable that he was capable of making a comeback and redeeming himself in the free this time after a series of disasters in the practice sessions leading up to it except the last one.

I just hope that they will figure out something that better suits him, well because y'know, whether you like it or not, he's going to stick with this team at least until Sochi Olympics, and even longer if they succeed in helping him attain his goal.

Oh please, let me defend the samurai kid !! :laugh:
( I’ve just realized he yelled while gasping at the end of the FS!!:bow:)!!!

How could he be even partially responsible of the widely announced struggle in London ?

How could he have overtrained himself when he used to train half/one third of the actual daily training?

Yes, he hates to lose and his amazing attitude made him cry with frustration in the 4CC K&C as well as in London where (thanks to his stunning samurai spirit) he could have easily won the gold medal if he had had the last year preparation and programs,IMO.

Actually it doesn’t seem the new team has just succeeded in helping him attain his goal, and I don't know how much comfortable he feels, but London Medalists say “thanks“ for the very good job : no Yuzuru on the podium this year! :slink:!

yude

Record Breaker
^ Not that I'm aware of. I have yet to come across any print, broadcast or online media mentioning about his practicing quads in secret. Could have been a hastily-drawn conclusion based on his pigeon-post interview.
I read somewhere before that he's currently committed to 3-4 hours of on-ice training a day, so if you take into account the off-ice training, physical and mental conditioning, the fact that he had to deal with the stress juggling his studies in between, making frequent trips between Canada and Japan, this training regimen could have backfired and severely deteriorated his health. But I agree with pitterpatter that we can't entirely blame his coaching team for what has happened. He could have very well overtrained himself while not under his coach's supervision. Cos how would we know if he didn't? We're not physically there with him to witness what has actually transpired during his training. This kid is just 18 but he's already burdened with lots of responsibility. He has to live up to people's expectations of him as a young talented figure skater. He can't allow himself to be dismissed as a run-of-the-mill competitor or a failure. He hates to lose, is driven to win and is a highly competitive individual.
And of course, a portion of the blame should go to JFS for overworking their top skaters more than they can handle.
Anyway, it was really commendable that he was capable of making a comeback and redeeming himself in the free this time after a series of disasters in the practice sessions leading up to it except the last one. And I'm sure that it wasn't solely due to his strong determination but also because of the help and support from his team. I just hope that they will figure out something that better suits him, well because y'know, whether you like it or not, he's going to stick with this team at least until Sochi Olympics, and even longer if they succeed in helping him attain his goal.

ITA!!

I understand we are all worried about him in different ways. He is just a precious skater.
My personal wish for Yuzuru next season is: stay healthy, less shows, less traveling time, less media hype. Of course, two good and passionate programs, too:biggrin:

Cheering for him, I feel like I am his mother even though I am not a mother in my real life.
I can't help it, sorry Yuzuru!!

emdee

Final Flight
Details please, Ms. Pj Kwong. :popcorn:

I wish! I am just a simple insurance broker!

There were a lot of Dai fans in the audience and one saw them everywhere. The Dai posters and banners were more than for any other skater.
I dont remember the exact ex program but I am sure you can youtube it. Its only the second time I am seeing Dai and there is no question that he uses every beat of the music. Mind you I liked his Blues at last year's GPF better. His musicality is matched only by Jeffrey Buttle and Lambier. Kurt has it now but not in his amateur career.
My first worlds and so many wonderful memories.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Actually it doesn’t seem the new team has just succeeded in helping him attain his goal, and I don't know how much comfortable he feels, but London Medalists say “thanks“ for the very good job : no Yuzuru on the podium this year! :slink:!
Orser is just a scumbag. From SA I was saying that hanyuflation works only for Canadians. The sceme was to destroy the confidence of both J-guys (Yuzu heard the polite silence at JN that didn't add anything good in his spirit). Plus the unadequate coaching policy. The result was observed in London- both Japanese were off the podium and last year they both were on. What I don't get is what Hashimoto really wants. She cannot be that stupid not to see what is going on.
This kid is just 18
Yag was 17 and Plu was 18 when they won Worlds. I don't remember that anyone ever called them "kid". Because they looked healthy and strong. Yuzu doesn't. I wonder how long this image of "kid" is going to be exployed. Soon facial hair will show up. Moreover, repetitive cacellation of his participations in galas, shows, events like WTT that are held in his home country, due to sick days that always happen so conveniently, doesn't bring any popularity of his image and trust in the country with strong corporate culture. But why anyone in CC should care about his future if the contract expires in 2014 (?). :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

giulia95

Medalist
From SA I was saying that hanyuflation works only for Canadians. The sceme was to destroy the confidence of both J-guys (Yuzu heard the polite silence at JN that didn't add anything good in his spirit). Plus the unadequate coaching policy. The result was observed in London- both Japanese were off the podium and last year they both were on. What I don't get is what Hashimoto really wants. She cannot be that stupid not to see what is going on.

But why anyone in CC should care about his future if the contract expires in 2014 (?). :mad:

:agree:

but Mao left Arutunian in 2008 ( because of linguistic barrier and homesickness if I remember correctly) just before Worlds and won the gold medal coachless.....:popcorn:

zydeco88

On the Ice
Oh please, let me defend the samurai kid !! :laugh:
How could he be even partially responsible of the widely announced struggle in London ?

How could he have overtrained himself when he used to train half/one third of the actual daily training?
Overtraining under the context of current training regimen, in the sense that he overexerts himself and practices jumps more than he's supposed to, especially when he's not under supervision and when his physical condition doesn't allow him to do so (we know that he likes to challenge himself and try to land a triple axel at the end of training sessions when he's completely exhausted to see how far his stamina can hold), which could possibly incur injuries.
I'm actually not denying that his team should be held accountable for his current condition to a certain extent, while not dismissing some other factors that might have attributed to his poor showing in London. I didn't straight-out blame him partially responsible for what had happened. It's all about what he "could have" not what he did. :)

( I’ve just realized he yelled while gasping at the end of the FS!!:bow:)!!!
LOL How is it possible that you've just realized it?!!! :laugh:

Who's the lady talking to Yuzu? Thanks in advance!:)
You mean the lady in glasses @1:01? She might be one of JSF officials.

On an unrelated note, has anybody gotten a hold of the IFS magazine? It seems that it's written there that he is now capable of doing triple 3A sequence (3A-3A-3A). At least that's what I read from a Japanese forum. Clarification, anybody?

zydeco88

On the Ice
But why anyone in CC should care about his future if the contract expires in 2014 (?). :mad:
On the contrary, what could they benefit from not doing their job properly in the long run? It would just add more taints to their current track records which is undesirable, especially since their reputation hasn't exactly been palpable since Yuna left (Gao, Rippon, Gedevanishvili) with the exception of Javi.

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
My personal wish for Yuzuru next season is: stay healthy, less shows, less traveling time, less media hype. Of course, two good and passionate programs, too:biggrin:
ITA!!!
This is exactly my wish for him next season. It's a shame that he didn't get a medal at this WC, but It's such an accomplished feeling for him to finish his FS strong, contribute to Japan's 3 spot and have the crowds' supports right till the end of the program. He sure is a brave kid and his fighting spirit is really inspiring. I believe the small bronze medal gives him huge motivation working for next season.:biggrin:
Neverthless, I think the frequent travelling issue is something he really needs to solve next season. All those jet legs, transportation and stuff can be really consuming, and change of enviroment like air, humidity, etc. may affect him more than others because of his asthma.
But first things first, I hope he takes more time off to just relax and fully recover from injury.

I'm not suprised, didn't he successfully execute all his 3As AGAIN this season in competition?:p

zydeco88

On the Ice
Thank you. Wish it was longer too but glad to see him with his small medal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XiLzxxWONec :)
:laugh: Javi @3:38

The latest news about Yuzu's injury: http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo_30&k=2013032000324
It says that he needs one month to recuperate from his injury and he will be withdrawing from WTT.

Who's the lady talking to Yuzu? Thanks in advance!:)
Found out who she is. Kobayashi Yoshiko, a JFS official in charge of the athletes' physical fitness.

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
The latest news about Yuzu's injury: http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo_30&k=2013032000324
It says that he needs one month to recuperate from his injury and he will be withdrawing from WTT.

Thanks for the update. Yes, one month rest no skating and no jumping, just like I thought he needs at least 4 weeks for recovering, but I really hope he can take more time off to enjoy the off season with his family, and less show please!

yude

Record Breaker
Thanks for the links, giulia95 and zydeco88!!
Awww, Yuzuru is so adorable and he and Javier make me smile:laugh: Wish we could hear what they were talking about. I want to hear his English more but maybe someday;)

http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20130320-1100526.html

This article says that he had a knee examination after coming back to Japan, so I think he can have time off with his family&friends in Sendai:) Maybe he will attend an Entrance ceremony of Waseda University in next month?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
This article says that he had a knee examination after coming back to Japan
It's a knee now? It was an ankle and lungs in London. It was stomach flu or whatever in Sochi. Seems like Cricket Club had to take anatomy classes to come up with excuses instead of saying "we screwed up and the over-exhausted guy simply physically can't skate". :disapp:

Last edited by a moderator: