Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 42 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

FTnoona

Final Flight
Orser or Orser without it, but he it will be great skater. He it's too young. Patience.
He is only the beginning of his career running. He will be good, but he needs time.;)

:thumbsup:
He just needs a good choreographer who plays to his strengths. For all the talk about his posture and how this team is good at polishing skaters, his FS had no attempt to at least mask it :disapp: If you can't fix it right away, just hide it far away so people will not notice as much.
That worked well for his SP, which took his negatives in posture and made it part of the character. It didn't matter if his arms were loose or that he wasn't standing all the way straight with shoulders down because it was part of the character. It worked beautifully well for his R&J FS.
For next season, I would love to see him go back to Nanami and the two russians (sorry can't think of their names right now) or go to Miyamoto for choreography. Just PLEASE w/ever his team does, no dreary doom and gloom music....

ser22

On the Ice
:thumbsup:
He just needs a good choreographer who plays to his strengths. For all the talk about his posture and how this team is good at polishing skaters, his FS had no attempt to at least mask it :disapp: If you can't fix it right away, just hide it far away so people will not notice as much.
That worked well for his SP, which took his negatives in posture and made it part of the character. It didn't matter if his arms were loose or that he wasn't standing all the way straight with shoulders down because it was part of the character. It worked beautifully well for his R&J FS.
For next season, I would love to see him go back to Nanami and the two russians (sorry can't think of their names right now) or go to Miyamoto for choreography. Just PLEASE w/ever his team does, no dreary doom and gloom music....

Nathalia Bestemianova and Igor Bobrin. Bestemianova ice dancer.

Muscle Memory

Rinkside
I had been a figure skating fan of any great "performance" not a particular skater. However, Yuzuru is the first figure skater of whom I can identify myself as a BIG fan. I can't clarify the reasons. He is just SO special and exciting to watch. By the way, we all heard that Weir was working on a new costume for Yuzu. So Yuzu will wear Weir's costume for the next season? If that's the case, am I the only one who are not excited at all about the news?

FTnoona

Final Flight
I had been a figure skating fan of any great "performance" not a particular skater. However, Yuzuru is the first figure skater of whom I can identify myself as a BIG fan. I can't clarify the reasons. He is just SO special and exciting to watch. By the way, we all heard that Weir was working on a new costume for Yuzu. So Yuzu will wear Weir's costume for the next season? If that's the case, am I the only one who are not excited at all about the news?

No you are not. I join you in your non-excitement. Weir's first outfit looked juniorish. Has he done other outfits for Hanyu after that?

Nathalia Bestemianova and Igor Bobrin. Bestemianova ice dancer.
Thanks!

Hey, peeps.

1. The fan fest threads are intended as havens for enthusiastic fans to “party on” about their favorite guy, gal or couple. Analysis and criticism, debate pro and con, belong in the Edge. If your post does not contain this :party2: or this :rock: or at least this :clap: then this thread is probably not the place for it.

2. Address the topic not each other. It’s easy. Look at the sentence you just wrote. What is the subject of the sentence? Is it “Yuzuru?” Then you are good to go. If it is “you,” meaning another poster, then you are on the wrong track.

3. Don’t feed trolls. Just go on with the party. They will stop if they don’t get any reaction. If you just can’t stand it, report an errant post to the moderators. But when you do, make sure that it is really the other guy who is causing trouble and not you. :)

Bottom line – I hate work. Please don’t make me go back through this thread and delete a bunch of stuff, OK? ;)

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Both a huge "thank you" and "I'm sorry" to you, Mathman!
Party will go on now! :rock:

FTnoona said:

I wouldn't mind if Yuzuru stayed with Buttle for choreo. His SP was a really good match for him, and other programs from Buttle this season (like Patricks LP!) were quite amazing too. With Buttle, I'm quite confident he'll manage to create programms that Yuzuru likes to skate himself - I thought this season, you could see how his FS didn't come alive as much as his Romeo or his SP now did.
Miyamoto is always a good choice, but I kind of doubt this will happen.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I guess they will let David Wilson create Yuzurus choreo for next season. Looks like he and Yuzuru were pretty close in the KnC and afterwards.

Nanami Abe is the most underrated woman in the business. I think she knew exactly what worked for Yuzu and played up to his strengths. I also think the SP she choreographed for Daisuke Takahashi this season was perfectly matched and really showed off Daisukes strengths. I think it is sad that both japanese skaters search their luck with foreign people, who don't seem to understand them as much, when there is soo much talent close to home. (Including Miyamoto) *sigh* Well, I know why they don't use them..I just don't like it.

jjane45

On the Ice
Thank you Mathman! :yay: <-- does this qualify?

David Wilson choreo is a natural choice since he is part of the coaching team, and hope he and Yuzuru will gel better next year now that they got to know each other better. Although I have sometimes felt it would be nice to incorporate Nanami into the choreography process as she really understands her long time student. Either way Romeo and Juliet is hard to measure up to.

Any more news on Yuzuru's knee condition?

yude

Record Breaker
I completely agree! I've only just joined goldenskate but I've been following this thread for ages. I love Yuzuru's skating (and him!) and wanted to be able to discuss things with like minded people ;) I really hope he gives himself time to rest and recover from his injuries so he can be ready for next season.

Welcome, Wombat:yay:

Thank you very much for the post, Mathman!

yude

Record Breaker

I agree. I think it is an important job for a choreographer. I also want someone who choreographs taking Yuzuru's hard jumping layout into an account.

Unfortunately, no. But silence might be a good sign;)

wxunxx

Rinkside
Hi everyone

Simply I just want to deliver some information which I desperately wanted to see on this thread but unfortunately never showed up.

Yuzuru's comment on Notre-Dame de Paris program (Magazine Number 817 2012/11/22)

Notre-Dame de Paris brings something I'm chasing for since always even though it's a really tough program for me.

I was stuck in my comfort zone during past years, followed exactly the same patterns of choreography both short and long, the plan of jumps, spins never changed, be more specific, 4T, 3A, the order of spins, the entering second, the track of applying movements, all these elements never changed. I could master my program easily and effortlessly because I've get used to it.

Hence Notre-Dame de Paris is a totally brand new program, a big challenge to me. I don't even know if I could bring it perfectly before the ending of 2012-2013 season.

But I feel 'Yes, it's different from my own past' when I'm performing Notre-Dame de Paris. I was a junior skater last year but now I believe I could compete with other opponents for championships. I, myself have this feelings as others may not identify the differences. '

And more, Yuzuru's thoughts of his training in Toronto. (Magazine Number 817 2012/11/22)

Nothing would have changed if I'm not coming to Toronto. I transformed every aspect of myself. Being 17 or 18 just came once in my life, I would like to give my all even I know it's extremely hard. I'm still missing Sendai a lot, sometimes I also feel I'm fighting myself alone. But I determined to be a much stronger Yuzuru Hanyu for all the people whom I left behind in Sendai.

Magazine Number 822 2013/2/7

I really want to go back to Canada ASAP. I want to have talk with Orser. The trusting relationship has gradually established between us even we still have language barriers, sometimes we may not understand each other 100% . I want to examine all over myself again.

My skating was like dimmed by a pink shapes. I discovered the meaning of my heart after I came to Toronto. I realized I should not chase of my seniors in rush when I'm staring into myself. What I should do is to keep challenging myself to what I deserve.

So you think you understand Yuzuru very well and exactly know what he needs most. Unfortunately Yuzuru himself already fly to another planet.

Never stop challenging himself is the nature of Yuzuru Hanyu. And now you want him to go back to old Yuzuru Hanyu, seriously?

HJJ

Rinkside
Thank you for the great information, wxunxx! Actually I joined the forum to support 'his' decision to train in Canada but it was not easy since English is not my language. Anyway thank you again.

FTnoona

Final Flight
A subtitled video of Hanyu's reaction to the natural disaster and NHK trophy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rBwrDu8F3L0#!

At around 7.40 into the video Hanyu explains his take on his FS. To him, the FS represents a road of recovery from the tsunami. The beginning is sad, but it ends on a high note. After finding out his interpretation of his FS, I wished he was healthy enough or had enough stamina to carry out his vision. It would have been beautiful.

Big thanks to nonchan from tumblr who does the translations.

jjane45

On the Ice
Simply I just want to deliver some information which I desperately wanted to see on this thread but unfortunately never showed up.

Wonderful post and thank you so much for sharing, wxunxx! Yuzuru never fails to inspire and impress.

Thank you for the great information, wxunxx! Actually I joined the forum to support 'his' decision to train in Canada but it was not easy since English is not my language. Anyway thank you again.

Welcome to you both, please post more, post often :yay:

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
So you think you understand Yuzuru very well and exactly know what he needs most. Unfortunately Yuzuru himself already fly to another planet.
Thanks for the wonderful information you brought wxunxx!

Welcome HJJ, please come here and post more often!
Training in Canada has both pros and cons for Yuzuru not just as a skater but a young man, but I'm cherishing every step of improvments he takes, and believe that he'll overcome the difficulties!

The fan fest threads are intended as havens for enthusiastic fans to “party on” about their favorite guy, gal or couple. Analysis and criticism, debate pro and con, belong in the Edge. If your post does not contain this :party2: or this :rock: or at least this :clap: then this thread is probably not the place for it.
Thank you Mathma, we'll do our best to not let this thread trouble you AGAIN with all the moderator's work.:)

zydeco88

On the Ice
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/145258536.html
A Russian article published back in December 2012 where Tatiana Tarasova talked about Yuzuru. She says a lot of good things about him. From what I can gather from Google Translate, she considers Yuzuru a genius which she thinks, has been particularly noticeable in the last year and a natural talent, one that can't be underestimated :)

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
So Yuzu will wear Weir's costume for the next season? If that's the case, am I the only one who are not excited at all about the news?
I'm not over the moon with that news either, please please do not be a pink one AGAIN...:bow:

No further news which is good I agree, maybe next time he shows up, it'll be the university entrance ceremony?;)

wxunxx

Rinkside
Thx for all warm welcoming. I appreciated that.

Actually I've been following this thread a long time and I know some of you really concern about his training in Toronto. And I decided to translate some parts of article to clarify a little bit.

Magazine Number 822 2013/2/7

Orser

Yuzuru was like a gambler during competitions, he always try his luck to see whether he could do it. What he needs most is a complete training plan, which exclusively designed for him to adjust his conditions to succeed in competitions.

So what they do? In the article,

The practice has been settled beforehand for Yuzuru everyday. For instance, if tomorrow the plan will focus on long program and then how many mins taking for step sequences will be addressed.

Yuzuru's comment on training plan

I prepare myself as if I'm going to join some real competitions next day. I feel I'm mentally stronger since I'm stick to my training plan.

The plan Orser designed for me is really detailed and considerate. For example. he controlled what I do during 6 mins warm up in order to increase my practice efficiency. I trust Orser and then I just try my best.

And also in the article, Yuzuru said

I have a deal with David. He hopes me to challenge myself with increasing difficulties of my long program, execute 4S with transitions, 5 jumps evolved in second half of program aiming for getting higher marks. At beginning I though it was kind of too hard for me but finally I decided to challenge myself too. I determined to get my mission completed

Other information I think someone already posted before, but I'm still going to put it here. Yuzuru explained clearly what's going on at 2013 Worlds.

From Pigeon Post

Yuzuru Hanyu 羽生結弦選手 (JPN), 2012 World bronze medalist
I am quite satisfied with my program. I put everything I am capable of at this important time into my program. I appreciate everyone and everything for this experience.
I touched my knee and my ankle at the end of my program to thank them for supporting me.
After Four Continents I became ill and I missed 10 days of practice. Once I was better I went to training too hard without Brian (Orser). I should have taken a slow start, but I trained too hard, did quad toe and quad Salchow. So I injured my left knee (ligament injury), but I am pretty happy I did my best.

And Orser's words right after 2013 Worlds

Next season the most important thing we will stick to is to keep Yuzuru healthy.

I assume everyone understand competition is a complex process for all skaters and coaches. And it's impossible for every time skaters could perform perfectly at their best. I'm so proud Yuzuru could get it through under such harsh conditions both physically and mentally.

Yuzuru is a real fighter, maybe stronger than we all could ever imagine. He's only 18, growing rapidly to be the best. Be patient, just give him time. I could assure you Yuzuru would never fail you as I've been observing him all these years long. He will destroy what trying to destroy him. All we have to do is just wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator: