Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

jjane45

On the Ice
The thought of yuzuru library makes me smile, now I'm wondering about mama yuzuru's collection :p

wxunxx

Rinkside
Thank you for your kind words.:)
She is doing well now. :) Her hip injury was a kind of overuse injury. She was refrained from jumping for 2 weeks and had to withdraw from a competition. After 2 weeks, she was fine thankfully. Her knee problem has been going on and off. A certain position of a sit spin has bothered her knee a lot.

Even with the injury, the pain, the hardship, she doesn't want to quit and loves skating more and more. I am sure that Yuzu (and most skaters) is the same. :)

Oh thank God!!!So good to know she's doing fine!!! Your words remind me a sad story, I know a girl, she was a skater but had to drop out due to serious back pain. That image, she kept telling me how much she didn't want to quit but doctor said she may be disabled if she continues skating, is still swirling in my mind now.

Just please make sure your little fighter trains carefully and effectively, I'm sure she will have a great career like Yuzu is doing now because simply they just love skating. That's all the matters.

wxunxx

Rinkside
I'm really flattered for getting so many kind words from you guys, HelTra91, sweet_Michelle, ser22, I really appreciated. But this thread is about Yuzuru, so let's get it back to Yuzuru. :)

I think Yuzuru started his special facial massage in 2012-2013 season if I remember it clearly.

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside

Oh dear god! The little drawing on his cheek is just LOL... Yuzuru never failed that scissor hands pose.:biggrin:

Thanks a lot wxunxx for such quick update.

zydeco88

On the Ice
My favourite episode from the first blog report on Yuzu's grad ceremony:
While signing an autograph, one of the teachers he's been indebted to, chirped in jokingly:
Teach: "I'm putting it up for sale. Make it nice."
Yuzu: "Eh... If you're planning to sell it, I won't sign it nicely." (laughters ensued)

Nice to see him exchanging pleasantries with his teacher. :laugh:
Seems that the graduation ceremony was held in private exclusively for Yuzuru and attended by the members of the Student government, skating club and baseball club (in addition to the teachers, of course). Waseda University entrance ceremony is coming up in a few days (is it on the 1st or 2nd of April?). Can't wait!

Off season is so boring, I can't wait to see this new exhibition.
I think some people have already been plagued by Yuzuru Deficit Syndrome. :laugh:

wxunxx

Rinkside
Oh dear god! The little drawing on his cheek is just LOL... Yuzuru never failed that scissor hands pose.:biggrin:

Thanks a lot wxunxx for such quick update.

Same pose as always lol. Happy to see Yuzu's smile, so comforting. :)

Waseda University entrance ceremony is coming up in a few days (is it on the 1st or 2nd of April?). Can't wait!

I think some people have already been plagued by Yuzuru Deficit Syndrome. :laugh:

The Entrance Ceremony will be held at Toyama Campus on 1st April (April Fools' day lol), hopefully Yuzu may show up 11:45 am at Memorial Hall,Toyama Campus.
http://www.waseda.jp/jp/news12/130219_ec.html

Yuzuru Deficit Syndrome, the most adorable symptoms I could ever imagine lol

HelTra91

Rinkside
Again thanks wxunxx. You're a really good Yuzupedia for Yuzu fans!
How can he still be so cute? I'm dying every time I see him doing those perfect scisor finger poses!
Like you, I also gathered lots of videos (performances and news) that I organised by seasons in my folders. But always afraid to lose it someday. Computers aren't eternal...
I agree with HelTra91, Yuzu videos need it's own site :)

Cute syndrom. I like it! :biggrin:

That's how mine are organized too! ^^ Maybe I should look into how much it would cost for a webpage server :p
Also, I am feeling the YDS. Also realizing that I will never see a WTT with both Yuzu and Dai makes me depressed.

Muscle Memory

Rinkside
Also realizing that I will never see a WTT with both Yuzu and Dai makes me depressed.

Oh, I'm depressed too. Is there any chance for Dai to be in the WTT next year? (no WTT?) It would be such a joy to see Dai and Yuzu together in the competition.

HJJ

Rinkside
Seems that the graduation ceremony was held in private exclusively for Yuzuru and attended by the members of the Student government, skating club and baseball club (in addition to the teachers, of course). Waseda University entrance ceremony is coming up in a few days (is it on the 1st or 2nd of April?). Can't wait!

Is that why I cannot find any videos of Yuzu's graduation?:cry:
Then Waseda University cermony also might be held in private.

zydeco88

On the Ice
High school graduation ceremony in Japan is usually held somewhere in the latter half of February, as far as I know. Yuzuru was naturally not present because he was in Canada, training for WC. So, instead the school organized a special graduation ceremony for him, I think. So, yes that could be one of the reasons why there's no media coverage and it's not like he's a mega celebrity in Japan.
I think he'll attend Waseda entrance ceremony since he's currently in Japan. :)

HJJ

Rinkside
You are right. I simply forgot that it was too late for a high school graduation ceremony. Since I saw Kanako's graduation in a news and there was Yuzuru's middle school graduation video, I thought that there would be one.

wxunxx

Rinkside
Again thanks wxunxx. You're a really good Yuzupedia for Yuzu fans!
How can he still be so cute? I'm dying every time I see him doing those perfect scisor finger poses!
Like you, I also gathered lots of videos (performances and news) that I organised by seasons in my folders. But always afraid to lose it someday. Computers aren't eternal...

Avec plaisir.:)

I strongly suggest you may want to purchase some HDDs prior to safe data storage. Computers could be fragile sometimes, for example, I lost some precious videos in 2006 due to virus infections.

PS.HJJ, zydeco88, I was also surprised there was nothing reported of Yuzuru's Graduation Ceremony, specially not even on KAHOKU SHIMPO (!!) and Tohoku High School Officlal website didn't update anything about it till now which seems particularly weird to me.

yude

Record Breaker
My favourite episode from the first blog report on Yuzu's grad ceremony:
While signing an autograph, one of the teachers he's been indebted to, chirped in jokingly:
Teach: "I'm putting it up for sale. Make it nice."
Yuzu: "Eh... If you're planning to sell it, I won't sign it nicely." (laughters ensued)

That was my favorite part, too! After reading this report, I was convinced again that he was a very polite and kind person.

Yuzupedia

:laugh:

zydeco88

On the Ice
PS.HJJ, zydeco88, I was also surprised there was nothing reported of Yuzuru's Graduation Ceremony, specially not even on KAHOKU SHIMPO (!!) and Tohoku High School Officlal website didn't update anything about it till now which seems particularly weird to me.

He could have personally requested his school to keep everything among themselves. Maybe, he didn't want to have any media attention, especially on a special important once-in-a-lifetime occasion like this, keeping a low profile and going about things in peace. If he had attended the official graduation ceremony in Feb, I think he would have received the same media treatment as Kanako. And he's not some big-name idol whose every move is under constant scrutiny of paparazzi or ardent fans, so even important things like this can fly under the radar, especially when it's kept in secret :laugh:.

HelTra91

Rinkside
ITA I was already disappointed last year when Yuzu couldn't participate. But I thought 1 year isn't that bad to wait. And then again this year he won't be there. One of the reason I'd like to see him join WTT is to see his reactions in the K&C. :biggrin:

He seems so reserved but we all know that he is just a big dork. How better to showcase that than to be with the biggest dork of Team Japan, Uncle Dai? :( Dammit Yuzu, why couldn't you just be healthy? (But I think it would be even more fun to see Yuzu and Kana together in the K&C, I dunno, maybe another Mori Mori type scene). Dream Team = Mao, Dai, Yuzu, Kana, Narumi + Mervin, The Shibbles (Oh if only.....)

let`s talk

Match Penalty
In the TV program, it's said Yuzuru was practicing 60 quad jumps in one hour a day, almost one minute one quad.

Honda San(Takeshi Honda, famous Japanese male skater): Yes, I'm worried. I would say Yuzuru practicing 60 quad jumps are too much, for me, to the most, I used to practice 20 quad jumps a day. 60 quad jumps, is that too much?

Yuzuru: For me, I don't think I jumped too much, I addicted to practice jumps and easily I just forgot how many times I took off anyway. I definitely want to jump
But I guess I have to say sorry for some misunderstandings may caused by my translations, all questions are welcomed indeed.
The documentation is required, especially if the interpretation damages Nanami Abe's professional reputation. Jumping 60 quads every minute non-stop for one hour sounds too unrealistic, even for a jump-machine like Plush, who never claimed anything like that. Media and TV narrators can say whatever they wish, it's not like they always know things they are talking about (yet in the link provided by zydeco88 they use the word "jump", i.e. technically it can be any jump within one hour: 1時間に60回以上のジャンプ、ほとんどが失敗。http://ameblo.jp/shimanohashi/entry-10715509046.html). In your post the "60 quad jumps in one hour" was followed by Takeshi's "Yuzuru practicing 60 quads" and comparing those 60 quads an hour with 20 quads that Takeshi jumped a day. All this led people to speak about caused by Abe's conduct injuries in order to portrait Orser as a better choice for the guy compared to the "monster" ex-coach. But in fact according to the tapescript Takeshi's words showed up in the movie much later and he said about 60 quads a day , not an hour, and compared them to his 20 quads a day: 一日60回4回転の練習をすると言ってたんだけど、僕は一日多くて20回だった、.
http://ameblo.jp/shimanohashi/entry-10715618426.html
Nothing wrong with apologizing for misinerpretations. It's even better not to do them in the first place. :)
Oh, I'm depressed too. Is there any chance for Dai to be in the WTT next year? (no WTT?) It would be such a joy to see Dai and Yuzu together in the competition.
There won't be WTT in the Olympic year.
In the latest interview to Canon (the link is in his fan thread) Dai doesn't say categorically what he will do after Sochi, either retire or not. Also, there is always Japan Open where he even being a professional skater can compete. So, I am sure one day he and Yuzu will be in one Team Japan at the same event.

HelTra91

Rinkside
I second that. I would add Taka-chan to the cast if there was a possibility of a 3rd man and Nobu too. Oh damn team Japan is too deep. However Narumi + Mervin :cry:
But let`s talk said it; there is still Japan open (I forgot about that) k&c aren't as fun as those in WTT but it's better than no Dai anymore. Hope he's still going to do some shows after he retires. Figure skating without him will be so empty...

Japan Open :D How could I forget? And maybe Javier will be chosen too! And in the least I hope they invite Taka and O-daddy to be guests in COI (that is if they aren't chosen to participate) :D

Also I will say this again, thanks for all of your contributions wxunxx! <3