Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
For example, you may not find 東北未来人 online. I'm sorry that I just found a video repo at a personal blog, published on 20th Nov 2010, big thanks to the blogger, http://ameblo.jp/mdx117-mikdt/entry-10713351589.html

Just got time to view the links, but boy, little Yuzu is sooooo preciouse, lovely smile of him.:love: Hope I can see full version online oneday, big thanks to wxunxx!:rock:

But it breakes my heart seeing him falling like that and also the picture of him with that bandages. Actually during the time when he was in early stage of practising 3A & 4T, some TV program/documentary of him was full of his falls, it was painful to watch. :cry:

And Super News 28th Dec 2009, it's here, at Chinese video sharing network. Youku rocks! http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzM1MDU4ODky.html, and thx to the uploader.

Another lovely but heartbreaking vid, the way he rebounded back in LP after a horrible SP and the way he stumbled off the ice because of low back pain after finishing FS really shows me Yuzuru's fighting spirit which has never changed! :thumbsup:

wxunxx

Rinkside
Oh Nice french! :agree:
Yes I have one but there's already so many videos that it's almost full. So I desperately try to suppress some (heartbroken). That's been 7 years that I follow figure skating, and can't imagine how many hdd I'll need to save all my favorite videos if I follow skating for the next 50 years!
I thought Mao Yu-Na Daisuke and others would retire after 2014 OG and that I wouldn't have any faves anymore. So I didn't worry about my hdd's space. But I didn't expect Yuzuru to suddenly arise in my own little FS world. Because actually I admit that I used to hate him before 2011 CoR. Only idiots can change.

:biggrin:

I have to say one HDD is absolutely not enough though IMAO, because the quality of HD videos increased so rapidly, 480p,720p,1080p etc. For example, just maybe 7 or 8 mins of a free skate video requires over 350mb in 1080p, don't even mention some TV interview maybe take 10 to 20 mins long.

Hmmm really? You used to hate Yuzuru before 2011 CoR?? Do you mind share your story with me? I'm so curious LOL.

zydeco88 said:
He could have personally requested his school to keep everything among themselves. Maybe, he didn't want to have any media attention, especially on a special important once-in-a-lifetime occasion like this, keeping a low profile and going about things in peace. If he had attended the official graduation ceremony in Feb, I think he would have received the same media treatment as Kanako. And he's not some big-name idol whose every move is under constant scrutiny of paparazzi or ardent fans, so even important things like this can fly under the radar, especially when it's kept in secret .

You are right indeed. The only one reasonable guessing, as you stated above, is Yuzuru didn't want any media coverage at his special little day, staying low key has alway been another reason I admire and respect him so much. :)

HelTra91 said:
Also I will say this again, thanks for all of your contributions wxunxx! <3

And I will say this again, no problem and I'm glad to help, I'm horned to offer my Yuzuru information service lol:)

wxunxx

Rinkside
Just got time to view the links, but boy, little Yuzu is sooooo preciouse, lovely smile of him.:love: Hope I can see full version online oneday, big thanks to wxunxx!:rock:

Another lovely but heartbreaking vid, the way he rebounded back in LP after a horrible SP and the way he stumbled off the ice because of low back pain after finishing FS really shows me Yuzuru's fighting spirit which has never changed! :thumbsup:

Let's say thanks to the oringinal blog writer and Youku video uploader. They made it. :biggrin:

And yes, Yuzuru is forever a fighter, challenger, a Samurai. Simply you cannot make a Yuzuru Hanyu, he's just born this way, a truly gift.
I was always wondering how much energy and courage he could carry with such thin skinny body and he always amaze and inspire me.

wxunxx

Rinkside
Thx, zydeco88, great shares!!!!Thanks a lot!

And an adorable video of Yuzu and Kanko, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUV6yWtPkMg, thx furanolove, bringing us such a great video of two Japanese young skaters.

Hopefully Yuzu and Kanako will attend university entrance ceremony, officially embark on their new journey at colleges today.

Congrats on both of them for achieving huge amount of accomplishments through all these year being great skaters and students too. I believe they will stay positive and keep working hard whatever as skaters or university freshmen.

Moreover, IMAO it's interesting Yuzuru fan thread reached to page 100 at the spacial day, may it be counted as a new voyage for us too? LOL

Wombat

Spectator
And an adorable video of Yuzu and Kanko, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUV6yWtPkMg, thx furanolove, bringing us such a great video of two Japanese young skaters.

Thanks for the video share! Love the two of them both and how they're like growing up together :)

Congratulations in advance to Yuzuru and Kanako! I wish them all the best because it must be so hard to juggle competing and training etc with schoolwork, I really admire them :bow::clap:

HelTra91

Rinkside
100 pages!! :hb::party::clap:

Thanks to everyone here for giving me a place to express all of my figure skating feels!

ser22

On the Ice
Nice story.:)
I saw him for the first time in the 2009 Junior World Championships. It was love at first sight. Has continued ever since. :eek::

HelTra91

Rinkside
Yes of course, I'll try to share it the best I can. ;)

In 2010 I went to check junior worlds results, I was curious to see this little Yuzuru Hanyu. So I looked his SP first and I didn't like his style. But then I didn't want to stay with this 1st impression so I went to see his free. What surprised me was that he had 2 different styles of programs. But something disturbed me in his skating tough I couldn't figure out what. Right now it's a little fuzzy when I try to remember what I exactly felt.
One thing was his overall attitude, I mean he had such an air of confidence at this early age, and I hated that though I didn't read any interviews, but to me his gaze was like saying that he was the best and that he would smash all of his seniors (in my head I was imagining such stupid things). I know it was totally unjustified, but at that time I was a massive Dai-fan and it bothered me to see this kid having this attitude of sureness.

Then I saw 2010 4cc SP & LP. It left me cold but thought his jumps were huge. And still jealous that he was coming close to Dai in such a short time. Then I saw Romeo and Juliet The ice show. Still nothing. I wasn't move and was bothered by the fact that he was putting so much energy, but thought it was just pure show off. By this time, I totally invented his personality (proud, snooty, arrogant etc...) and was far from knowing the kind of person he was in reality.

2011 cup of China I wanted him to lose, but something changed a little, during the FP. I was seeing it live, and I surprised myself by screaming "Oh no get up!" when he fell on his 3A-3T, same for his next fall. I felt a pinched in my heart when seeing his 4th place. I was disappointed, but still couldn't figure out what changed exactly.

Then Cup of Russia was the revelation. It was my 3rd time seeing R&J, it left me cold, but not this time. Despite the mistakes, it was like I had been blind all this time. How did I miss this 3A out of a spread eagle? How did I miss those spins perfectly suited with the music? How did I miss that last footwork sequence full of passion? I don't know, I just spend my time replaying it again and again. Even his older programs. That's it.

It's strange, because usually, it's always a "love at first sight" concerning skaters. I like them or not, but generally it doesn't change. Yuzuru is the exception. Thereafter, I figured out he was far from being this little pretentious kid I thought.
I became a huge fan now, but like being a fan of Mao and Yuna, it' hard to be a Dai Yuzu fan as well because of stupid fans war and also because I want them both to do well.

I hope I have been cleared, it's a little hard to express my thought easily in english. So I hope there won't be any misunderstandings.:cool:

Alleluia 100th page:clap:

Nice story :D (It's so difficult ignoring Mao/Yuna/Dai/Yuzu bots on the net D: )

The very first time I saw him was in this montage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayLApCiEPPQ posted in 2007, but as if I recognized him xD I only recognized little Kana since she was always around Mao and I am a huge Mao fan :p The next time was when he won Jr Worlds and I was really impressed with his jumps (especially how he was able to save the second 3A in his FS). Then I kind of lost track of skating for a while after Olys but on my youtube homepage under suggestions was his 2012 Worlds FS so I figured I'd give it a watch and strangely I just thought, hmmm not bad. Then I watched the medal ceremony and saw how happy he was (and how fricken adorable he was), so I went back and watched his FS again, then again, and again and again, each time finding something new that I loved about that free-skate. So naturally this led to me watching his SP, which led to watching programs at previous events that season, then previous seasons, then finding that Jr Worlds FS again on youtube. To be honest I didn't recognize him from the 2012 Worlds FS but the Jr Worlds FS looked familiar so I scrolled through the comments and there was one I left 2 years earlier saying how impressed I was with him xD It took a while but I'm all caught up now :)

This was a really long and pointless post - kudos if you read it and made to the end >_<

let`s talk

Match Penalty
but like being a fan of Mao and Yuna, it' hard to be a Dai Yuzu fan as well because of stupid fans war
That's not true. There is no stupid fans war in J-arenas. There are some poor people who can't figure out how to be a fan of Mao/Yuna or Dai/Plu/Yuzu/Taka/other-rival at the same time. It's their psychological problem and no one cares. There are also some sensational semi-tabloid journalists like Pj Kwong who make money on rumours and lies. And there is the Internet where the skater is being used for promoting the certain club/coach by anonymous posters who will disappear the instant he leaves that club/coach. And where Mao&Yuna are both used for "dealing" with hystorical Japan-Korea issues. No need to take any of this seriously. Enjoy the sport and follow fair play is the advice that always works. :)