Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

wxunxx

Rinkside
It's strange, because usually, it's always a "love at first sight" concerning skaters. I like them or not, but generally it doesn't change. Yuzuru is the exception. Thereafter, I figured out he was far from being this little pretentious kid I thought.
I became a huge fan now, but like being a fan of Mao and Yuna, it' hard to be a Dai Yuzu fan as well because of stupid fans war and also because I want them both to do well.

I hope I have been cleared, it's a little hard to express my thought easily in english. So I hope there won't be any misunderstandings.:cool:

Alleluia 100th page:clap:

Merci d'avoir partagé.:)

Such a cute story! I read through with my big smile lol. I really appreciated your generous to share your thoughts with me here.

We are in agreement on the love at first sigh theory towards skaters but I also think things can be different sometime. Some came at first time in your life, you keep them in your heart. But some just needs you take time to identify your deep love of them.

I'm not sure if you're aware of a well-known novel by Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice, your process of being a fan of Yuzuru reminds me lots of fun I enjoyed with the novel lol, delicately the same.

As mention of fans wars, it's the least thing you need to care IMAO. We can't guarantee every fan could be rational and nice , sometimes some fans could be paranoid and unreasonable. Just ignore them and then simply there's no war. Never let them ruin your joyness coz basically there's nothing they can do for real.

wxunxx

Rinkside
I think so, I hope it's a long and happy voyage! :agree:

It will with everyone's contribution, I strongly believe so.:)

This was a really long and pointless post - kudos if you read it and made to the end >_<

Hey, HelTra91, I read it through and I don't think it's pointless lol. As you are a Mao fan, I believe you already knew Yuzuru is a mao fan too. Yuzu said once he learned jump timing issue from Mao's Triple Axel. They two are such cutie pies lol.

wxunxx

Rinkside
Off season is just boring and BTW it seems Yuzuru may not attend Waseda's entrance ceremony though coz there's no repo confirmed he's there.

Takasu Tsutomu, a famous Japanese Photographer said some cute things about Yuzu in recent Canon interview.

http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/best_shot/takasu03.html

As turing into male skater's perspective, both Yuzuru Hanyu and Daisuke Takahashi are quite interesting. Specially Hanyu, with a strong sense of ego which seems hardly to hide, a competitive spirit (In the original article the writer use word rivalry in Japanese), all seems really adorable. In some interviews, he squinted aside. He gazed at an object somewhere else as the time of other skaters talking, such vivid eyes. I would like to capture and delivery those kind of dramatic facial expressions from this kid.

This is exactly the Yuzuru I knew for a loooooong time lol. :laugh::laugh:

zydeco88

On the Ice
Off season is just boring and BTW it seems Yuzuru may not attend Waseda's entrance ceremony though coz there's no repo confirmed he's there.
I've come across a myriad of media reports on Kanako's entrance to Chukyo University while none on Yuzuru. So, it's very probable he didn't attend the ceremony. Actually, I saw a news report (hmm, it's not there anymore, they already removed the video from the site, unfortunately) on Waseda entrance ceremony (it's a well-known private university in Japan, with quite a lot of celebrities graduating from there, so naturally even though Yuzu was not present, it still got media coverage), and instantly put on my detective goggles to look for a familiar figure of a tall lean teenage boy with baby-faced manga-like facial feature among a multitude of 10,000 freshmen despite knowing that it was a futile effort. :laugh: Boredom can make you do irrational things. :popcorn:

Anyway, Hakuhodo DY media partners Inc. (a Japanese advertising and PR company) has published the result of their recent survey on athletes' image ranking in Japan (something like athletes' power ranking, I guess).

Yuzuru's name appears in one of the categories:
Athletes with lots of vim and vigour (or with the most momentum?)
1. Takanashi Sara (Ski Jumper)
2. Hanyu Yuzuru (Figure Skater)
3. Kagawa Shinji (Footballer)
4. Darvish Yu (Baseball Player)
5. Nishikori Kei (Tennis Player) & Maeda Kenta (Baseball Player)

Mode of survey: web-based questionnaire
The survey maps out the athletes' degree of recognition and favorability and primarily aims to provide the data that will be used as the basis for CM castings.
Not sure how influential this survey is, but the rankings are pretty spread out among the athletes of different sports disciplines (Ichiro, probably the most respected baseball athlete in Japan, Sawa Homare the captain of Japanese female football team, Kitajima Kousuke multiple OGM breast-stroke swimmer, Yoshida Saori OGM female wrestler). And as expected, Mao consistently appears in the upper echelon of the rankings in many categories, outpacing other figure skaters, with Dai following behind.

zydeco88

On the Ice
An American fashion designer, Nick Verreos' comment on Yuzuru's Notre Dame Costume. :laugh:
http://nickverrreos.blogspot.jp/2013/04/figure-skating-costumes-2013-isu-world.html

Yuzuru Hanyu of Japan--Yuzuru's costume for his Free Skate to Music from the Notre-Dame de Paris soundtrack by Riccardo Cocciante was one that I really liked all season long and commented on previously here on my blog. In fact, I deemed it one of THE BEST of the season. I said this: It was soooo Johnny Weir in its no-holds-barred design philosophy and embrace of feminine-like details. The big cross, the ombre dyed ivory and red shirt, the one sleeve ruffle and one black glove; lots of details and he was not afraid to "Go For It"!

let`s talk

Match Penalty
As mention of fans wars, it's the least thing you need to care IMAO. We can't guarantee every fan could be rational and nice , sometimes some fans could be paranoid and unreasonable. Just ignore them and then simply there's no war.
Lol how some people are desperate in insisting that fans wars in Japan exist. Pj Kwong staffer? It reminds me the last year's similar online talks about Mao-Akiko fans war, that eventually disappeared since the subject was non-existance in the first place. Now- deja vu. There is no fans war in J-arenas, neither between of any skater's fans whomever you wish to pick up. The only fans war that exist is in your mouths of those who keep typing about them. But how cares. It's just the Internet. :)

Anyway, Hakuhodo DY media partners Inc. (a Japanese advertising and PR company) has published the result of their recent survey on athletes' image ranking in Japan (something like athletes' power ranking, I guess).

Yuzuru's name appears in one of the categories:

Mode of survey: web-based questionnaire
The survey maps out the athletes' degree of recognition and favorability and primarily aims to provide the data that will be used as the basis for CM castings.
Not sure how influential this survey is, but the rankings are pretty spread out among the athletes of different sports disciplines (Ichiro, probably the most respected baseball athlete in Japan, Sawa Homare the captain of Japanese female football team, Kitajima Kousuke multiple OGM breast-stroke swimmer, Yoshida Saori OGM female wrestler). And as expected, Mao consistently appears in the upper echelon of the rankings in many categories, outpacing other figure skaters, with Dai following behind.
I have no idea how this survey works. But it's good to see that people in Japan have rather high expectations from figure skaters and fs competitions, including in Sochi. Mao indeed showed up 5 times, Dai-3, with Yuzu and Kanako- once. I love #5 survey: the most glamorous one, with Mao, Yuna, Dai, Kanako, Ichiro (is he glamorous? oh... ;)) on the list.

zydeco88

On the Ice
Thanks for sharing. They're so cute!! Are they brothers?
No, they're friends from the same primary school. :)

It took me 5 month to finally like this costume.
I still don't get the costume design, tbh. It's too feminine and just not a cup of my tea. :disapp: I'm sincerely hoping that Johnny Weir comes up with something befitting of the young prince as it's pretty much confirmed he is designing the costume for his new FS (IFS April 2013 Issue - Weir Interview - On Track for a 2014 Olympic Comeback).

ser22

On the Ice
No, they're friends from the same primary school. :)

I still don't get the costume design, tbh. It's too feminine and just not a cup of my tea. :disapp: I'm sincerely hoping that Johnny Weir comes up with something befitting of the young prince as it's pretty much confirmed he is designing the costume for his new FS (IFS April 2013 Issue - Weir Interview - On Track for a 2014 Olympic Comeback).

Yes! I hope Wilson and Weir nice costume planned for Yuzu. I'm very curious!

wxunxx

Rinkside
I've come across a myriad of media reports on Kanako's entrance to Chukyo University while none on Yuzuru. So, it's very probable he didn't attend the ceremony. Actually, I saw a news report (hmm, it's not there anymore, they already removed the video from the site, unfortunately) on Waseda entrance ceremony (it's a well-known private university in Japan, with quite a lot of celebrities graduating from there, so naturally even though Yuzu was not present, it still got media coverage), and instantly put on my detective goggles to look for a familiar figure of a tall lean teenage boy with baby-faced manga-like facial feature among a multitude of 10,000 freshmen despite knowing that it was a futile effort. :laugh: Boredom can make you do irrational things. :popcorn:

OMG!!We almost did the same thing lol!!!But I have to confess I've done something more irrational though coz I even called my personal connection in Waseda to get a comfirmation of Yuzuru's absence. See, my boredness is killing me.

PS.Thx for the infor of Notre Dame costume, I remembered Mr. Verreos highly profiled Notre Dame costume since last year as I cannot get it though. Baby pink, chiffon, lace, I'm just not a big fan of it.

Wombat

Spectator

Same here, I'm not a big fan of the pink. I hope Johnny designs something like his 2011-2012 sp costume, I thought that was really beautiful but not in an overly feminine sort of way and fit the music he had. But I kind of doubt it looking at some of Johnny's own costumes. I live in hope though :biggrin:

wxunxx

Rinkside
And I'm happy that you read my story with a big smile! I was afraid to shock some of those who loved Yuzu from the beginning. I've not been a great fan sometimes, I've been acted like a spoiled kid who wanted his/her favourite skater to win all things no matter what he did. I'm such ashamed of this behaviour :rolleye: But I try to change little by little.

And yes I think I'm gonna let fanwars aside. Even if it hurts a lot. We can't do anything but ignore it.

Oh really? I didn't know that! Amazing to hear that Mao is an inspiration even for boys ;)

No worries, actually I have some long time friends whom used to hate Yuzu so much but now all love Yuzu to the bones lol. You are a great fan, please keep this in mind. I saw some videos you uploaded on YouTube, a great contribution to Yuzu fans community. There's no one could judge you at stage of how to be a great fan IMAO.

To be more specific of Yuzu being a fan of Mao, I asked a little help from my little database and glad to see Asahi didn't delete the interview though, it was published in 2010.

http://www.asahi.com/special/plus/TKY201011160263.html

Yuzuru explained, in the camp jump timing was something he inspired from seeing Mao's Triple Axel alive which so different from when it presented on TV. Thanks to Mao's Triple Axel, Yuzuru memorized the image of Triple Axel which could contribute on his own.

Yuna, Yuzuru said in another TV interview the greatness of Yuna is she could adapt jumps flawlessly into programs to naturally put it together.

So basically Yuzu is a Mao fan also a Yuna fan, exactly like you lol.

HelTra91

Rinkside
No worries, actually I have some long time friends whom used to hate Yuzu so much but now all love Yuzu to the bones lol. You are a great fan, please keep this in mind. I saw some videos you uploaded on YouTube, a great contribution to Yuzu fans community. There's no one could judge you at stage of how to be a great fan IMAO.

To be more specific of Yuzu being a fan of Mao, I asked a little help from my little database and glad to see Asahi didn't delete the interview though, it was published in 2010.

http://www.asahi.com/special/plus/TKY201011160263.html

Yuzuru explained, in the camp jump timing was something he inspired from seeing Mao's Triple Axel alive which so different from when it presented on TV. Thanks to Mao's Triple Axel, Yuzuru memorized the image of Triple Axel which could contribute on his own.

Yuna, Yuzuru said in another TV interview the greatness of Yuna is she could adapt jumps flawlessly into programs to naturally put it together.

So basically Yuzu is a Mao fan also a Yuna fan, exactly like you lol.

I'm so glad that Yuzu has such great fans like everyone here :party:

zydeco88

On the Ice