Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

HelTra91

Rinkside
As for the videos I uploaded, it's all gone now. My account as been deleted. Well it's not like I didn't expect it.:rolleye: At least I tried. I really wanted to share, because I wouldn't know any of Yuzuru's programs if they were not uploaded on Youtube. So I tried to do the same. I dream of a place where we could watch skating without worrying about removals.

:O WHY youtube why??? :(

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
At Worlds in the KnC? Because Javier hadn't skated yet, and he was still with him. Same thing happened to Javier in some competition in Japan (Don't exactly remember which one) where poor Javier was all alone, but kind of having fun anyway. ;)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
He did. It was the second to last group Yuzuru was first, then Florent Amodio and then Javier.

zydeco88

On the Ice
Sendai Mediatheque The Two-Pronged Photo Exhibition - Lift up your spirits through photo appreciation
(Partial Translation of the Original Article)
Source: http://sendai.keizai.biz/headline/1390/
Sneak peek into the gallery exhibits: http://sendai.keizai.biz/photoflash/1529/ (I think we have already seen most of the pics. Personally, I've never seen the pic on the far left which, based on what I read from the reports, is Miyamoto Kenji and Yuzuru working on Hana Ni Nare choreography at Chiba Aqua Rink.)
Poster: http://apresto.info/ex.html

On April 5, two photo exhibitions by various professional photographers were launched at Sendai Mediatheque (Sendai City, Aoba Ward, Kasugamachi).

Showcased in the 3300 (c2) gallery space on the fifth floor is "Figure Skating Photo Exhibition" by Mr. Noto Sunao of Sendai. Mr. Noto is actively involved as a sports photographer for figure skating (among others), with the main focus of producing commercial photographs. "I hope that by viewing the photos I've captured and accumulated so far, people who come to see the exhibits will be able to enliven their mood. I'd like this exhibition to be a mood-lifting experience," he spoke of the aim of this project.
A total of 80 exhibits of figure skaters in support of the project including Arakawa Shizuka, Takahashi Daisuke, Hanyu Yuzuru, Suzuki Akiko and Ando Miki are being displayed. It features a collection of photos taken from 2007 until March this year, concentrating on photos used in commercials, magazines and book publications, as well as unpublished works taken since December last year and beyond. "I'd be happy if it could also conjure up feelings of enjoyment from other people who are not figure skating fans," said Mr. Noto.

(From here onwards is my own summary of what's written next since it's not related to figure skating)
Showcased in 4200 Gallery space on the 6th floor is "Kobe * Heart" exhibition. The exhibition features works from 51 professional photographers based in various prefectures in Japan including Miyagi, Tokyo, Aichi, Osaka, Hyogo, Kyoto, Fukuoka. This is held in remembrance of the Great Hanshin Earthquake in Kobe over 15 years ago and aims to send smiles and hopes to Tohoku as a sign of support from Kobe who had once gone through the same tribulation.

ETA: Reports on the Photo Exhibition here
There seems to be a slide show showing Yuzu doing some ballet lesson. He wore a deep blue AE hoodie over a red T-shirt and black jersey pants.
It's been reported that there are 17 photos of Yuzu, not including the slide show pictures.

HelTra91

Rinkside
Thanks for the info! I remember hearing that Yuzu was taking ballet lessons in Toronto but I don't know if the photos would have been taken from there.

zydeco88

On the Ice
^ Not sure whether the photo was taken when he was taking a ballet lesson from his instructor in Toronto, or he was just doing some basic ballet exercises like rond de jambe at the barre by himself prior to one of the ice shows. But, according to one of the reports, he was doing some sort of ballet position in front of a mirror and it seems to have been taken at a practice venue for either Nagoya Festival or JSC.

wxunxx

Rinkside
Thank you! I'm relieved! As for the videos I uploaded, it's all gone now. My account as been deleted. Well it's not like I didn't expect it.:rolleye: At least I tried. I really wanted to share, because I wouldn't know any of Yuzuru's programs if they were not uploaded on Youtube. So I tried to do the same. I dream of a place where we could watch skating without worrying about removals.

Your account's been terminated?! So sorry about that. I remembered there were so many videos you uploaded on YouTube, that's ashamed! Sigh.
Maybe next time we better try private share on YouTube, at least it could be sure videos won't been removed anyway.

HelTra91 said:
:O WHY youtube why??? :(

Actually it's hardly related to YouTube coz the reason of YouTube removed video is due to third party calls associated with copyright infringement, you always could see something like 'this video has been removed due to compliant of TV ASAHI Co. blah blah blah', Japanese TV production is well known by its copyright restrictions. Sigh!!:disapp:

HelTra91

Rinkside
Your account's been terminated?! So sorry about that. I remembered there were so many videos you uploaded on YouTube, that's ashamed! Sigh.
Maybe next time we better try private share on YouTube, at least it could be sure videos won't been removed anyway.

Actually it's hardly related to YouTube coz the reason of YouTube removed video is due to third party calls associated with copyright infringement, you always could see something like 'this video has been removed due to compliant of TV ASAHI Co. blah blah blah', Japanese TV production is well known by its copyright restrictions. Sigh!!:disapp:

Oh I know, my first youtube account was terminated for that exact reason (uploaded too many Mao videos with Japanese commentary). Private sharing seems to be the only way to go about it, I can see a lot of people are already doing. Not so good if you're someone who really wants to watch the video but haven't been granted permission and have no way of getting it, but it looks like we have no choice :(

Poice

Final Flight
My account as been deleted. Well it's not like I didn't expect it.:rolleye: At least I tried. I really wanted to share, because I wouldn't know any of Yuzuru's programs if they were not uploaded on Youtube. So I tried to do the same. I dream of a place where we could watch skating without worrying about removals.

Oh no! I was really enjoying your yutube account. What about something like dailymotion? There are plenty of video-sharing websites :)
And about Yuzuru's programs...Does anyone know where I can find his SP from Japanese Nationals 2009/2010?

HelTra91

Rinkside
I just watched Yuzuru's SP from worlds with British comments (here), and I'd like to share this quote from Samuel Reed after he finished. Feel free to correct me if I didn’t write the right words.

« It is such a responsibility to have talent like he has. For me, I think he has, I still say I think he has the potential to be perhaps the finest figure skater in history. But maybe, at the moment he can’t handle all that talent. »

Of course they didn’t know about Yuzu’s conditions at the moment. But they clearly love him.

They really do. Their comments after his FS proved that even more I think.

Simon: "Back on form! This shining light of Japanese figure skating. He's redeemed himself. It must have been awful for him in the SP making mistake after mistake and you can see that he's physically wrecked and dragged apart mentally as well I'm sure. But what a skater he is. He won't get a medal, unless they have disasters, no there's too much to do his SP wasn't good enough. But if we see 3 better programs that tonight we're in for a real treat."

Nicky: "It's amazing when you look at that we have 11 to go yeah?"

Simon: "Yes"

Nicky: "Incredible, that was just brilliant. Loved it! Two fantastic efforts on the quad there. And the release of energy there at the end of the season. And to come out with a performance like that, he skated fantastically at the NHK Trophy, couldn't hold it together at the 4CC but boy, when it matters he's come out here in the final stages of the WC and really put it together. The 4T there, a hint of a downgrade there I think on that one, and again on this one, oh no, that looked round."

Simon: "Put the hand down."

Nicky: "The hand down, the key is the rotation though, he'll go down on the grade of execution which won't hurt him too much, you don't want to be UR"

Simon: "AHAHAHAHA" *Brian's uhh, side-line choreography?*

Nicky: "BEAUTIFUL! Lovely lines there, I'm glad Hanyu didn't have that in the program. Stick to the technical stuff Brian, don't do the choreography."

Simon: "Ahh, I'm so please. Cause you know I'm a massive fan."

Nicky: "And I."

Nicky: "Just brilliant."

Simon: "Ha, yeah I know. Me too, he is an absolute genius. Well that really has thrown the cats amongst the pigeons. It's thrown down the gauntlet. And the other guys have got to perform now. It should be a sensational night of mens' figure skating."

Nicky: " That's like Simon on a Friday night" *Yuzu falls to the ice*

Simon: "Ahahaha, no Secrets. He is absolutely spent."

Nicky: "Yeah, well done. Score should be huge."

Simon: "His best is 177.12. The problem is of course, he is skating early on as far as the big guns are concerned. So the judges will hold something back, they have to. 169.05, that will take him way clear in the lead. 244, he's 28 marks ahead of anything else, and he should be moving up from 9th place, how far remains to be seen but he couldn't have done more, well done."

I was bored so I transcribed their entire little spiel afterwards. My favourite is still their quote after the SP "I think he has the potential to be the finest figure skater in history" ^^