Tatsuki Machida's new program | Golden Skate

Tatsuki Machida's new program

ioanna

Record Breaker
Tatsuki Machida is back in the professional skating world with his 6th self-choreographed program, Don Quixote: Basil's Glory. He performed the program at Prince Ice World in Yokohama a week ago. The show was broadcasted today on Japanese television. Since it's unlike many of the gala programs I've seen before, I thought it deserved a thread here for people who don't usually visit his fan fest thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xEEmM_1cVg

The program is split in 3 "acts" and has 9 jumps, intricate transitions and steps and elements borrowed from ballet. Big round of cheers and applause from the audience, who clapped along to the music of the last portion. At the end of the performance there's a small interview where he talks about his program. I believe it's the first time he has spoken to the media since he retired in 2014.

sarama

Medalist
That's a really beautiful ballet tribute! I'm glad Tatsuki keeps skating, and that Japan can offer him opportunities to perform.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
A pure splendour!!! He hasn't lost a thing, and he has been so sorely missed. Pity that this program will only have some limited showing. (no FAoI participation for example) This deserves to be seen by much wider an audience.

Barb

Record Breaker
OMG, that was impressive and beautiful!!! This is what figure skating is all about :bow:

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
He used to be a regular cast member of Fantasy On Ice but I think he can't tour Japan as long as he's busy with his PhD so he does ice shows close to Tokyo (Yokohama, Saitama).

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I liked the sections of D.Q. that he picked. My all-time favorite ballet! He's still amazing! :laugh:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
He did it himself. The opening post says it's his 6th self-choreographed program.

Duh, I need my eyes checked. That's what happens when you stare at a computer screen 8+ hours a day, six days in a row (and have astigmatism).
The programme is so lovely, though. I love Mao's Bach EX too. Gorgeous.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
He did it himself. The opening post says it's his 6th self-choreographed program.

and I bet he has done Stephane Lambiel proud, his former student. His influence is unmistakable!!! :luv17:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Loved this program! he is magnificent- as was said of Sasha Cohen "no bad position" !!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
and I bet he has done Stephane Lambiel proud, his former student. His influence is unmistakable!!! :luv17:

I didn't know there was a Stephane-Tatsuki connection. I'm only remembering Philip Mills working with Tatsuki. In any case, it was a beautiful program.

ioanna

Record Breaker
I didn't know there was a Stephane-Tatsuki connection. I'm only remembering Philip Mills working with Tatsuki. In any case, it was a beautiful program.

Stephane choreographed two programs for him, "Don Quixote" FS and "F-U-Y-A" SP. They're also friends; once Stephane invited Tatsuki to Switzerland.