Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144
Results 2,146 to 2,155 of 2155

Thread: 2017-18 State of U.S. Men's Figure Skating

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    Congratulations to Vincent, Adam, and Nathan. All three in the top 10 ... and together they show a wonderful diversity of style and skating values in our American men. I'm particularly happy that we had Adam there to show that we value artistry and purity in skating. And Vincent, what can I say, wears his heart on his sleeve which I find endearing, and hey, he did five quads himself.

Our men's team acquitted themselves very well.

They did great!

I still think that Vincent is the still the most undervalued US man. It must be hard that he is always #2 to Nathan when he is amazing in his own right. You have to wonder if in a could more years, we will have a another Hanyu / Uno situation. Uno is now the reigning Olympic and World Silver medalist, but is still the #2 Japanese man.

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Honestly, I think both Nathan and Vincent are undervalued...

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by concorde View Post

They did great!

I still think that Vincent is the still the most undervalued US man. It must be hard that he is always #2 to Nathan when he is amazing in his own right. You have to wonder if in a could more years, we will have a another Hanyu / Uno situation. Uno is now the reigning Olympic and World Silver medalist, but is still the #2 Japanese man.
    What Vincent needs is consistency. I think he's heading in the right direction with his last few events. Next season will really be his chance to make a strong international statement as to his competitiveness.

Team Tessa and Scott ice coverage's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Programming note:
    Coming up next on NBC is Tirico live interview with Nathan, Vincent, Adam.

ETA:
    The interview was fine, but nothing special. Only a few minutes total in length, so each of the three had a chance to speak for barely a minute or so. I think Tirico was coming up against a hard out. The interview was the last segment before 11:00 pm ET.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjs5572 View Post
    I hope Nathan is relaxed for the long program now that he's out of medal contention, and that he goes out with a bang and decides to do a six quad long....something like this:

Quad Lutz+Triple Toeloop
    Quad Flip
    Quad Salchow
    Change Foot Camel Spin
    Step Sequence
    Quad Toeloop+Double Toeloop
    Quad Lutz
    Quad Toeloop
    Triple Axel
    Triple Lutz+Double Toeloop+Double Loop
    Choreo Sequence
    Fly. Change Foot Comb. Spin
    Change Foot Combination Spin
    I'm happy to see that with the exception of a few minor last minute switches, nate took my advice, lol!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone know when the exhibition skate is for the Olympics?

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset skylark's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Here are some more of those cool longer-exposure photos. The first one is incredible, of Nathan in the middle of a quad. In another one, his legs seem to disappear ...

It's a whole series of photos of Nathan, Vincent and Adam during their Free skates. https://www.teamusa.org/News/2018/Fe...pic-Free-Skate

From Meryl Davis' recap of the men's free skate with TeamUSA.

As an athlete myself, I’m grateful for the reminder that you have neither to be perfect nor must you win in order to possess the qualities of a champion. https://www.teamusa.org/News/2018/Fe...ever-An-Option

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    that was so heratbreacking like asada's skate in 2014.... spoiled short and goregous free... i hope nathan didn't upset about that so much... i mean he beat everyone in the free program and he was not even in the top 3 overall.....

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset skylark's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    I'll always have the image in my mind of Nathan's joy, as he performed his FS and at the end. I think it was his best performance of Mao's Last Dancer ... possibly, for me, because it was so emotionally resonant. In a way, you could hypothesize that Nathan felt the program more because his experiences of the past week moved him closer to the character. But also, he skated free.

And yes, there's that ,,,, he won the free skate, by a whopping 8.91 points, when he'd been behind Yuzuru by a staggering 29.41 points, going into the FS. It's hard even now, for those numbers to sink in.

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Jimmy Ma appears as skating double in a music video (Warning: language)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q17z9a03YaM&app=desktop

Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144