2017-2018 Grand Prix Selection | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Grand Prix Selection

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Seeing Konstantinova on the entry list for JGP Belarus had me wondering who's going to end up getting the ladies TDB for Rostelecom Cup. When the GP list came out, Sotnikova, Lipnitskaya and Konstantinova were the names getting thrown around the most for those three spots, but it doesn't look like it'll be any of them. Fedichkina is also staying junior, so who does that leave? Serafima?

Valeria Mikhailova finished 11th at Russian Nationals (and skated quite well there from what I remember). Is she invited to test skates? Serafima finished 12th. It could certainly be her.

skatenewbie

Medalist
just realized that probably CoC is the most stacked in ladies, they have 3 top japanese ladies except Miyahara, another 3 russians, Tuktamysheva can shake things up since she seems getting it back (win in St Petersburg cup against Kostner and other top junior russians, and scored huge 213, it said that she land 3A, not sure about that tho) + Daleman, and dark horse Dabin Choi and Gold

Cherry blossom

Match Penalty
After a suprising worlds for ladies, it will be interesting to see how things play out this season. Hyped for Skate Canada and NHK.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Bit surprised at the pairs choice for Skate Canada. I expected them to pick Ruest/Wolfe, though they were close in scores at Nationals.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yep, you guys keep on telling me how wonderful and fair and great the whole selection thing is. How the little country skaters aren't disadvantaged. And then we get this.

well... there was a JGP in Australia with lots of Australians... :) you cannot expect Skate Canada not to give their 3rd home spot to another country, when they have one of the biggest depth in the field in pairs in the world... if not the deepest....and if you are still hoping for the australians to get a spot on GP it won't happen since they are competing in the JGP.... and mind you, sure, they didn't have their best skates there but they finished 4th below junior teams from... let's see.. Russia and Canada, who are themselves far far away from getting a spot on the senior GP :)

- - - Updated - - -

Bit surprised at the pairs choice for Skate Canada. I expected them to pick Ruest/Wolfe, though they were close in scores at Nationals.

i think Ruest Wolfe have upgraded their content this year and it's perhaps a bit less stable? Too bad... I really like seeing them.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am thrilled that Nic got the TBA ;) for skate Canada...

Larkyn got the ladies spot. I think that's the safest choice.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I also posted this in Injuries & Ills thread: Kayne & O'Shea have WD from Cup of China, to concentrate on training. They already have been replaced by Cain & LeDuc.

Lyssa

On the Ice
Country
France
Host Picks for Internationaux de France

Pairs: Lola Esbrat / Andrei Novoselov
Ice Dance: Lorenza Alessandrini / Pierre Souquet

euroskate

Final Flight
Yep, you guys keep on telling me how wonderful and fair and great the whole selection thing is. How the little country skaters aren't disadvantaged. And then we get this.

so for pairs the only TBD open is China wich will most probably go to Gao/Xie
So two pairs who already got one are left with one
Castelli/Tran obviosly because not olympic candidate and
Ziegler/Kiefer just because they are from a small Nation :devil:

they are far ahead in ranking of all the other pairs who got the TBD spots. Since the importance of GP the "home Country" Advantage should be get rid of totally

nimi

Medalist
Japan's host picks for NHK have also been added:

Miu Suzaki/Ryuichi Kihara (pairs)
Misato Komatsubara/Tim Koleto (dance)

K/K just skated in Lombardia Trophy and did pretty well for themselves!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
so for pairs the only TBD open is China wich will most probably go to Gao/Xie
So two pairs who already got one are left with one
Castelli/Tran obviosly because not olympic candidate and
Ziegler/Kiefer just because they are from a small Nation :devil:

they are far ahead in ranking of all the other pairs who got the TBD spots. Since the importance of GP the "home Country" Advantage should be get rid of totally

But they're listed for a couple JGPs right now and you can't skate on both series.