2017-2018 Grand Prix Selection | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Grand Prix Selection

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Pairs
18. Kristina Astakhova/Alexei Rogonov, RUS (NHK Trophy)
19. Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov, RUS (no events; are they continuing?)
22. Marissa Castelli/Mervin Tran, USA (Rostelecom Cup; could be USA TBD)
24. Tarah Kayne/Danny O'Shea, USA (Cup of China)
25. Ashley Cain/Timothy LeDuc (USA TBD option)
--
26. Tae Ok Ryom/Ju Sik Kim, PRK
27. Alina Ustimkina/Nikita Volodin, RUS
28. Camille Ruest/Andrew Wolfe, CAN
29. Miriam Ziegler/Severin Kiefer, AUT (NHK Trophy)
30. Alisa Efimova/Alexander Korovin, RUS
32. Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya/Harley Windsor, AUS

Dance
18. Rachel Parsons/Michal Parsons, USA (Rostelecom Cup, qualifes for USA TBD)
21. Laurence Fournier Beaudry/Nikolaj Sorenson, DEN (NHK Trophy)
22. Lorraine McNamara/Quinn Carpenter, USA (Cup of China, qualifies for USA TBD)
27. Alexandra Nazarova/Maxim Nikitin, UKR (NHK Trophy)
28. Kavita Lorenz/Joti Polizoakis, GER (Skate Canada)
--
29. Betina Popova/Sergey Mozgov, RUS (eligible for RUS TBD)
34. Yura Min/Alexander Gamlin, KOR
35. Olga Jakushina/Andrey Nevskiy, LAT
36. Cortney Mansour/Michael Ceska, CZE
below alternatives list but got GP
38. Olivia Smart/Adria Diaz, ESP (Skate Canada)
45. Nicole Kuzmichova/Alexandr Sinicyn, CZE (Rostelecom Cup)
64. Linshu Song/Zhuoming Sun, CHN (Cup of China)
68. Hong Chen/Yan Zhao, CHN (Cup of China)
66. Carolane Soucisse/Shane Firus, CAN (Skate Canada)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
ISU sure knows how to make a suprise, to us, fans! I was mentally prepared to wait another month.

Couldn't Coomes/Bukland use return or come back skaters status? They were out of competition for a whole year! (while being in top 10 at Worlds season before) :curse: And it's super weird Parsons doesn't have two spots for me...

Btw. I just love how Japan keeps inviting Michal :luv17: :hap10: And good to see Daisuke Murakami in GP circuit :)

Ksenia and Fedor have quite okay assignemnts. Glad they're going to Japan as well. I must say NHK has quite good line ups :)

Last edited:

Nika09

On the Ice
So glad neither Anna, Mai nor Gaby will face Evgenia. Especially happy for Anna. Good luck girls, do your best!

In pairs, Sui/Han have back to back assignments, but are the heavy favourites both times. I think they will get a lot of momentum if S/M get caught at either of their events. James/Ciprès face two tough fields and have a great chance to prove themselves. I hope they can podium at both.

Sui/Han will face Stolbova/Klimov in NHK. Worlds 2017 wasn't quite lucky for S/K but they have big potential and I'm sure could get place at podium with better executed SP.

and let's talk about those Men's fields at:

- Rostelecom (Daniel, Yuzuru, Deniss, Mikhail, Kenji, Nathan, Grant and Misha)

- Skate Canada (Patrick, Brendan, Jorik, Shoma, Chafik, Jun Hwan, Maxim, Jason) and

- TdF (Alexei,Chafik, Kevin, Moris, Shoma, Denis, Max, Javier, Vincent, Misha)

SAVAGE:drama:

ETA - and NHK :hopelessness: - yearly rematch Yuzuru vs Patrick, with attendance of Alexei, Deniss, Sergei, Jason, Joshua and Adam

Well in traditional Yuzuru-Patrick battle if Patrick wins SC, then Yuzuru should win NHK respectively :biggrin:

There's a real podium chance for Kolyada in Rostelecom, hope he'll use it!

Men's and Pairs field already start give me nervous breakdown, so exited!

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
SO excited that I get to see Polina T and Satoko at SA! Disappointed in the men's selection though. I'm hoping that TBD US spot goes to Jason Brown because he's so fun to watch. That would be pretty much impossible though right?

He has 2 spots already.

I think Boyang, Sergei, Cha Jun Hwan, Daniel, Adam & Nathan is a pretty good field...ymmv I suppose. And Kevin - cheerknithanson should be happy about that one ;)

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The pair assignments give me a lot of excitement, especially Skate America's. :)

Not only is it exciting for the battle between Savchenko/Massot vs Duhamel/Radford vs Yu/Zhang, but also the rest is also fully packed.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
He has 2 spots already.

I think Boyang, Sergei, Cha Jun Hwan, Daniel, Adam & Nathan is a pretty good field...ymmv I suppose. And Kevin - cheerknithanson should be happy about that one ;)

Joshua Farris or Sean Rabbit for SA TBD spot, like stat:cheer:

Jun Hwan:love:

Daniel:love:

Boyang:love:

so much love, so little time:laugh:

GF2445

Record Breaker
No assignment for Katia and Harley. This will really hurt Australia's chances of qualifying for the team event.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
No assignment for Katia and Harley. This will really hurt Australia's chances of qualifying for the team event.

Yeah, that's unfair, all other Junior world Champions got assignments....

Tallorder

On the Ice
Medvedeva vs. Satoko at NHK. Inevitable I suppose if the World Champ gets to choose, the host can only do so much to protect their champ.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Medvedeva vs. Satoko at NHK. Inevitable I suppose if the World Champ gets to choose, the host can only do so much to protect their champ.

Satoko also lost NHK to Anna last year, so a win wasn't set in stone anyway. And who knows what the season brings. It's too early to say.

tinnychan

On the Ice
Yeah, that's unfair, all other Junior world Champions got assignments....

In fact, all other JWC also in the Top 24 SB list and it was guaranteed at least one. Also, Parsons got only one assignment.
They can earn more WS points from JGP (by competing two) and Olympic team qualification also consider JGP points.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I'm super stoked for all the senior debuts - Marin, Alina, Polina, Yuna, D/B, McN/C, the Parsons, anyone else I might be forgetting...can't wait to see how they do as seniors.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm super stoked for all the senior debuts - Marin, Alina, Polina, Yuna, D/B, McN/C, the Parsons, anyone else I might be forgetting...can't wait to see how they do as seniors.

It's unbelievable how many new faces who can be real medal contenders arrive on the scene in the next season, isn't it? Especially Ladies, I expect a new pecking order.