2017 Minto Summer Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Minto Summer Skate

singerskates

On the Ice
Congrats to you and Katherine!
Well, I didn't do much. I found the music, edited it, adjusted the sound and burned it on to CD. Katherine Karon and her coach did all the countless hours of work to make it a successful program. I was just lucky that I found the "Butterfly Waltz" music.

Side note: the only other people besides Katherine Karon to skate to "Butterfly Waltz" was Yuna Kim and a skater named Maddie. Both Yuna's and Maddie's are on YouTube. I believe that Katherine's was the only used for compeition and only time used for a short program.

blue_ice

On the Ice
Who is Rinka Watanabe in junior ladies? Little firecracker with 3+3 combo. I think we have a new star here

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
57.16 for Aurora. Beautiful skating as always.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Wow, standing ovation from me for Aurora Cotop and Bruce Waddle! Bruce was not perfect in jumps, but the rest is mesmerizing. Aurora's Carmen Opera is stunning.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Sabrina did you catch what Bruce skated to? I was watching junior ladies so I missed him & Joseph Phan.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Sabrina did you catch what Bruce skated to? I was watching junior ladies so I missed him & Joseph Phan.

Honestly, I have no idea, it looked like tango, but the steps and music interpretation was AMAZING. I hope someone was able to record him. It's a pity his jumps are not as good.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Honestly, I have no idea, it looked like tango, but the steps and music interpretation was AMAZING. I hope someone was able to record him. It's a pity his jumps are not as good.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in junior dance later.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't suppose anyone has a video of Joseph Phan's SP? I would've done it myself if I could, but I had to deal with the outside world for a time, and I couldn't watch the rest of the Junior Men livestream. :disapp:

My screen recording of Corey Circelli's SP (the password is corey): https://vimeo.com/228103465

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I wish I had answers to all your questions but Minto's awful scheduling has left me hanging too. Missed Aurora's full program trying to watch Joseph but both were skating at the same time. Junior ladies group 2 conflicting with junior ice dance. Seriously let down with the organization of this competition as I was looking forward to it.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Bennet and Stephen had great performances. :clap:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
OMG, men must be depressed competing with a kid that age wise is not even good for juniors...

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Wow, Roman's program is a beauty. I am so happy for him. I know him since he was 8 years old and was skating at Iceland Mississauga. He was always an amazing skater. He is insanely tall, and looks much better. And his new SP is a killer. Great choreography, nice jumps too, only the Axel had a little stumble. WOOOOW, great.
For the other men, except a few Aurora got better score then most of the senior men.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm in loooooooooooove with Roman's new SP!!! :love: :love: :love:

The channel went offline before Nam's score was calculated, so this was the Top 5 (as best as I can recall) before it went blank.

1. Roman Sadovsky 78.24
2. Stephen Gogolev 76.32
3. Bennet Toman 73.86
4. Nicolas Nadeau 66.08
5. Liam Firus 63.09