Montreal wins bid for 2020 Worlds | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Montreal wins bid for 2020 Worlds

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm reserving my spot on 4eversuspenders's balcony now. I'm a former scout leader. I can camp in January in the Ottawa valley so surely I can survive on a balcony in Montreal in late March

there is wifi and electricity on the balcony. :)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
No worries, I am kind of guessing they will want to try and go for (the more important) 2021, anyway. ;-)
That said, clearly Canada was overdue for a new Worlds, so congrats.

Let's hope for it. Still a bit sad. But if you're okay with it, who am I to complain, haha.:slink:

nguyhm

On the Ice
This is great news! I've always wanted to visit Montréal, this would be the perfect occasion. And I would get the chance to speak French yay :slink:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Anyone else find it strange that there has been no announcement by Skate Canada, regarding this news?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
It's within driving distance for me, so definitely planning on being there.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I have read that the Auditorium de Verdun is speculated as the practice rink. Checked on Google and it's about 15 mins by car to the Bell Centre (less time by metro). Fyi, the Auditorium is an older building currently under renovations and has a capacity of almost 5,000, while the Bell Centre has a capacity of 21,299 (Habs fan here), so lots of seats.

mrrice

Record Breaker
gino is long gone mrrice.... we will see what's in flavour in 3 years....

for poutine...

i had one a couple weeks ago... it was a sugar shack poutine

normal poutine served with pulled ham from the bone and a shot of hot maple syrup.... it was the most delicious and decadent poutine i had ever had, better even than the fancy ones i have had with duck confit and poach eggs etc and so on.... If we are all around in 2020, i promise to post something about where one can get such delicacies!!!

but the real treat would be if our Patrick kept skating ;) ok ... he probably won't... but this is so exciting for Canadian skating.

- - - Updated - - -

and considering Montreal doesn't even get Stars on Ice, it's about time there is something happening in the city... wow!!!

Gino at 64, is actually younger than Carlos Santana who is 69 and just performed at the NBA Finals.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gpVxE22qj8

amateur

Final Flight
I have read that the Auditorium de Verdun is speculated as the practice rink. Checked on Google and it's about 15 mins by car to the Bell Centre (less time by metro). Fyi, the Auditorium is an older building currently under renovations and has a capacity of almost 5,000, while the Bell Centre has a capacity of 21,299 (Habs fan here), so lots of seats.

Wow - I live just a short walking distance from the Auditorium de Verdun - pretty cool :cool:

Are practices usually free to attend?

slider11

Medalist
Well deserved! Canadian venues include knowledgable and equally supportive fans. I recall at the ice dance competition in London, Ontario in 2013 that despite the fact that this was Virtue and Moir's home town, the fans were respectful and supportive of all teams including the eventual winners, Davis and White. And because the fans know skating they are appreciative of truly good skating just not what country name is on your jacket. Bravo, Canada!