Montreal wins bid for 2020 Worlds | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Montreal wins bid for 2020 Worlds

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just got caught up on reading this thread. I love it! We're all so excited about Montreal, it sounds like we're all ready to start packing our suitcases and the event is more than 2 years away. :laugh: I share in this excitement and enthusiasm! It's like a dream come true for me.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just got caught up on reading this thread. I love it! We're all so excited about Montreal, it sounds like we're all ready to start packing our suitcases and the event is more than 2 years away. :laugh: I share in this excitement and enthusiasm! It's like a dream come true for me.

no suitcases for me :) i am pretty sure i will get to see shomaboy now ;)

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
In Boston, the weather went from nearly 70F and sunny to 35F and snowing. So I recommend packing layers!

Yup, Boston enjoys the rollercoaster that is maritime weather. No wonder it always feels like home when I visit.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Yup, Boston enjoys the rollercoaster that is maritime weather. No wonder it always feels like home when I visit.

Boston is similar to Buffalo NY. It can go from beautiful to wind whipped hail in matter of minutes. That's why you need layers. If you don't have a backpack, tie a jacket or heavy sweater around your waist or neck because the weather can change on a dime. The temps change drastically between the afternoon and evening and if you're going out for an all day activity, you should definitely plan ahead.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP!!! Is this real life, or just fantasy?! :laugh:

As god as my witness, I will be there! I'm almost crying, this is so exciting!

Oh, everybody should pre order your tickets now for the live, in person smackdown to decide the fate of who gets the official title of Dreamboat Andrew Poje's spouse - which will also be occurring at these world championships. Because of course, retired or not, he'll be there. May the best GSer win! I'll give you a hint, it won't be 4eversuspenders. :devil:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP!!! Is this real life, or just fantasy?! :laugh:

As god as my witness, I will be there! I'm almost crying, this is so exciting!

Oh, everybody should pre order your tickets now for the live, in person smackdown to decide the fate of who gets the official title of Dreamboat Andrew Poje's spouse - which will also be occurring at these world championships. Because of course, retired or not, he'll be there. May the best GSer win! I'll give you a hint, it won't be 4eversuspenders. :devil:

All this, and what will be, a 4 year catfight come to furrrrrition. Meowtreal 2020, is gonna be spat-acular!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
no suitcases for me :) i am pretty sure i will get to see shomaboy now ;)

You will love Shomita live! 2020 is a ways off, but hopefully all of our favorites are still going strong at that point. I haven't unpacked from Helsinki yet, I don't want to rush into anything. But I'll be ready for 2020! :hap57:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
You will love Shomita live! 2020 is a ways off, but hopefully all of our favorites are still going strong at that point. I haven't unpacked from Helsinki yet, I don't want to rush into anything. But I'll be ready for 2020! :hap57:

well chiddy probably will be retired... but new faves will be there :) hopefully shoma is healthy and still going strong ;)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
well chiddy probably will be retired... but new faves will be there :) hopefully shoma is healthy and still going strong ;)

I never like looking too far into the future. SO much can happen in that time. Seems like genetics and just good old fashioned luck really come into play. I'm finding that I'm even having a hard time looking to the Olympics, and that's not all that far off! I don't know, maybe I'm superstitious! :scratch3:

mrrice

Record Breaker

I think Patrick might be there as a coach or choreographer in Montreal. I am hoping that we have some strong Juniors who will be looking to make their mark on skating in the post Olympic season. By 2020, Vincent Zhou or Alex K. could be the National Champion and I'd love to see them do well in 2020.

charmblade

Final Flight
I live in Boston, so I can confirm that the weather here can change on a dime. I remember that it snowed the day of the gala (or maybe the day after?) at Worlds after having nice weather the rest of the week. I can definitely see how the weather in Montreal would be similar, it's really not that far away. The husband and I are planning an anniversary trip to Montreal this fall so now I'm looking at it as a possible scouting mission. :biggrin:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Canadians....This is kind of off topic but, I just saw Celine Dion on TV and she just makes me cry sometimes. Some my find her sappy but, I find to be sincere and very inspirational. Know that skaters can use lyrics, I would love a young skater use "Ce n'Ă©tait qu'un rĂŞve". Is that a program that would go over well in Montreal?

Here's the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96yP9GMUHAg

Sackie

Medalist
As far as the CAN ladies go it will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of years. We have had just the 3 World Class ladies the last few years but now that we have 2 that made the world podium it just might spur some of our younger ones on to improve. I mean they know now that if they skate clean and well they too might have a shot at a world medal. And there are a couple good JRs that if they get their act together could also be challenging for a top 3 placement at Nationals. And let's hope the success of the CAN SR ladies will flow over into the JGP and JR Worlds next year, especially when they remember that none of our Top 3 did much as JRs. I mean Osmond was only 10th at JR worlds and Gabby won 1 bronze medal at a JGP event. Yet they all stuck with it and now look where they are - all 3 probably headed to the Olympics where we actually have a chance for another Olympic Ladies Medal.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
As far as the CAN ladies go it will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of years. We have had just the 3 World Class ladies the last few years but now that we have 2 that made the world podium it just might spur some of our younger ones on to improve. I mean they know now that if they skate clean and well they too might have a shot at a world medal. And there are a couple good JRs that if they get their act together could also be challenging for a top 3 placement at Nationals. And let's hope the success of the CAN SR ladies will flow over into the JGP and JR Worlds next year, especially when they remember that none of our Top 3 did much as JRs. I mean Osmond was only 10th at JR worlds and Gabby won 1 bronze medal at a JGP event. Yet they all stuck with it and now look where they are - all 3 probably headed to the Olympics where we actually have a chance for another Olympic Ladies Medal.

Agreed Sackie that both Kaetlyn and Gabby were late bloomers to the scene versus others, but their international results truly did not reflect their potential due to injuries. If Kaetlyn was healthy last season, who knows how many podiums she could have made, including Worlds in Boston.