Russian national competitions 2017-2018 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Russian national competitions 2017-2018

Country
Russia
My opinion.
I write with no videos, almost no protocols (almost only by what did I see), so may be mistakes.

1. Boys SP. Wery dirty skating, many mistakes. Most of boys tried 3A, most of tries - falls.
Clean in SP was Kunitsa (no 3A), he became first. Relatively clean (only 3A fall) was Yablokov, second after SP.
I could write more about boys, but just after boys SP was girls FS, and almost all impression of boys was lost.

2. Girls FS.

First skated Ksenia Sinitsina, very clean, strong and nice FS, after very bad SP. Score for FS was too low because of too early start number. If she skated SP as FS - pretender to medal.

Nastia Mukhortova - all except jumps is very good, jumps very poor. It is first her competition after injury, so let us wait, sme may become much better.

Anna Kuzmenko - a bit strange landing of first jump, and WD after this. Injury.

Yana Rubtsova looks good, many jumps rippon, but mistakes, 13th total place.

Ekaterina Kurakova - excellent FS, FS score second after Kostornaya. Very good. Total place 5th because of mistakes in SP.

Ksenia Pankova - nothing new, nice skating but URs (as at past season), because of URs only 8th total place.

Viktoria Safonova - very tall, nice clean skating, could be higher if clean SP. 6th total place.

Anna Tarusina - 3rd total place. I believe she can skate better in future, did not totally restore after injury (but nice good skating now). Now her so high place is because of mistakes of others I believe.

Alena Kostornaya - excellent. No doubt best.

Viktoria Vasilieva - good girl, her 2nd place is deserved.

Alena Kanysheva - much more dirty skating than SP, because of this 4th total.

Several clean FS, really good competition.

3. Pairs FS.

Very many mistakes.
Relatively few mistakes - Pavluchenko-Hodykin, strong pair. They won.
Many mistakes - Zhyk-Britkov. Second becouse they are strong pair.
Others - multiple mistakes and not so strong.

4. Boys FS.

Very many mistakes, nobody skated clean.
Samoilov - 4F fall, 4S and 3A good, first. He is the only who had quads.
Yablokov - relatively clean (only 3A fall), second.
Kunitsa - no 3A, two falls. Third only because of multple mistakes of others.
Kovalev - fall from 3A (URed), other relatively (only relatively!) good. 4th.

Frolov - totally destroyed FS, very bad.
Danielyan - started from nice 3A+1Lo+3S, second 3A singled, one more 3A fall, destroyed program.

Results of boys http://s019.radikal.ru/i636/1708/a4/ca8d0ece729d.jpg (Rissian of course)

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
4. Boys FS.

Very many mistakes, nobody skated clean.
Samoilov - 4F fall, 4S and 3A good, first. He is the only who had quads.
Yablokov - relatively clean (only 3A fall), second.
Kunitsa - no 3A, two falls. Third only because of multple mistakes of others.
Kovalev - fall from 3A (URed), other relatively (only relatively!) good. 4th.

Frolov - totally destroyed FS, very bad.
Danielyan - started from nice 3A+1Lo+3S, second 3A singled, one more 3A fall, destroyed program.

Results of boys http://s019.radikal.ru/i636/1708/a4/ca8d0ece729d.jpg (Rissian of course)
Alex, will you introduce Samoilov a bit? How old is he? I know he is from the school of Plushenko's.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Samoilov is 18 so he has been around for a bit - with quite poor results. He skated a couple JGPs in the past but never medaled. To be honest, the only thing I like about him is the cool I-spin. He was previously coached by Eteri and Inna Goncharenko, among others...if they couldn't do anything with him then Plush has his work cut out for him.

I know the first competition of the season can be rough but it's really too bad that none of the boys totally delivered. At least Georgy had a good SP. I think he will probably get passed over for the JGP without 3A, but Frolov & Danielyan didn't even crack the top 10 - their spots should be yanked immediately. :disapp:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Samoilov is 18 so he has been around for a bit - with quite poor results. He skated a couple JGPs in the past but never medaled. To be honest, the only thing I like about him is the cool I-spin. He was previously coached by Eteri and Inna Goncharenko, among others...if they couldn't do anything with him then Plush has his work cut out for him.

He is already 18 years old? Wow, that sounds quite unfair to me. He is still competing against my cute boy Artem K? :laugh: On the other hand, Plushenko has done a quite good job as a new coach. Good start!

hanca

Record Breaker
My opinion.

2. Girls FS.

First skated Ksenia Sinitsina, very clean, strong and nice FS, after very bad SP. Score for FS was too low because of too early start number. If she skated SP as FS - pretender to medal.

Nastia Mukhortova - all except jumps is very good, jumps very poor. It is first her competition after injury, so let us wait, sme may become much better.

Anna Kuzmenko - a bit strange landing of first jump, and WD after this. Injury.

Yana Rubtsova looks good, many jumps rippon, but mistakes, 13th total place.

Ekaterina Kurakova - excellent FS, FS score second after Kostornaya. Very good. Total place 5th because of mistakes in SP.

Ksenia Pankova - nothing new, nice skating but URs (as at past season), because of URs only 8th total place.

Viktoria Safonova - very tall, nice clean skating, could be higher if clean SP. 6th total place.

Anna Tarusina - 3rd total place. I believe she can skate better in future, did not totally restore after injury (but nice good skating now). Now her so high place is because of mistakes of others I believe.

Alena Kostornaya - excellent. No doubt best.

Viktoria Vsilieva - good girl, her 2nd place is deserved.

Alena Kanysheva - much more dirty skating than SP, because of this 4th total.

Several clean FS, really good competition.

)
I think you are being unfair to Tarusina. She medalled because she skated two clean programs, With very comparable technical difficulty to Kostornaya and Vasilieva. You are praising some of the skaters who placed below her and saying that she medalled only because they made mistakes, but I believe the fact that they made mistakes and she didn't clearly shows who the better skater is! Reading your review I was prepared for the worst before I watched it. After seeing her skating, as well as the other ladies, she clearly deserved the medal. I can't say I love her programs, I don't think her programs shows her strengths, in fact, better programs would make her look even stronger. But she did all she could.

Country
Russia
After Junior Short Dance were Bobrova/Solovev and Sinitsina/Katsalapov (Short Dance), Loboda/Drozd and Popova/Mozgov (Free Dance). Test skate, we see that all they not fully ready yet. So no comments. But it was interesting.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Just watched Alena Kanysheva's FS. She is very beautiful baby doll. Her face, her dresses... It's gorgeous. But her jumps... Ugh. :disapp: Almost all UR. And she's slow. Hope she will gain speed in this season and will fix her underrotations.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Also watched Viktoria Safonova - I liked her program. Very sweet. Ekaterina Kurakova - after she moved to Goncharenko I don't even know... Her FS looks like Radio's. But with much better landing than Elena's. Anyway, I didn't like it. Empty program. Anna Tarusina - somehow I liked her program, her dress, but also this program looked empty and almost every her jump was with turns. Viktoria Vasilieva - bad music, but very good jumps. And two of hers combinations with 2A and no 3-3 combo. It's bad. Ksenia Sinitsyna - is a really discovery for me. Her mistakes in the SP costed her too much. I hope her result will only push her up and will teach that she can't do mistakes.

Mao88

Record Breaker
MOSCOW OPEN

JUNIOR LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULTS

1. Alena Kostornaya - 62.69 Short Program (2nd Copy)
2. Viktoria Vasilieva - 60.29 Short Program (2nd Copy)
3. Alena Kanysheva - 59.86 Short Program (2nd Copy)
4. Anastasia Kostyuk - 56.42 Short Program (2nd Copy)
5. Anna Tarusina - 55.09 Short Program (2nd Copy)
6. Valeria Emelianova - 54.94 Short Program (2nd Copy)
7. Viktoria Safonova - 53.23 Short Program (2nd Copy)
8. Ksenia Pankova - 53.14 Short Program (2nd Copy)
9. Ekaterina Kurakova - 51.38 Short Program (2nd Copy)

JUNIOR LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Alena Kostornaya - 184.05 Free Skate (2nd Copy)
2. Viktoria Vasilieva - 175.24 Free Skate (2nd Copy)
3. Anna Tarusina - 168.42 Free Skate (2nd Copy)
4. Alena Kanysheva - 167.80 Free Skate (2nd Copy)
5. Ekaterina Kurakova - 167.75 Free Skate (2nd Copy)
6. Viktoria Safonova - 165.65 Free Skate (2nd Copy)
7. Valeria Emelianova - 164.72 Free Skate
8. Ksenia Pankova - 161.15 Free Skate (2nd Copy)
9. Anastasia Kostyuk - 157.15 Free Skate (2nd Copy)

Medal Ceremony

Alena Kostornaya in the K&C

JUNIOR MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Georgiy Kunitsa - 69.44 Short Program (2nd Copy)
2. Ilia Yablokov - 66.97 Short Program (2nd Copy)
3. Vladimir Samoylov - 65.03 Short Program (2nd Copy)
4. Artem Kovalev - 64.52 Short Program (2nd Copy)
5. Artem Frolov - 64.05 Short Program (2nd Copy)
6. Ilia Skirda - 61.77 Short Program (2nd Copy)
7. Matvei Vetlugin - 61.57 Short Program (2nd Copy)

JUNIOR MEN'S FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Vladimir Samoylov - 208.46 Free Skate
2. Ilia Yablokov - 197.63 Free Skate
3. Georgiy Kunitsa - 189.97 Free Skate
4. Artem Kovalev - 185.05 Free Skate
5. Mikhail Mogilen - 180.51 Free Skate
6. Ilia Skirda - 179.17 Free Skate
7. Matvei Vetlugin - 178.99 Free Skate

Medal Ceremony

Vladimir Samoylov in the K&C with his coach, Evgeni Plushenko

JUNIOR PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULTS

1. Daria Pavlyuchenko / Denis Khodykin - 51.76 Short Program (2nd Copy)
2. Elizaveta Zhuk / Egor Britkov - 49.07 Short Program (2nd Copy)
3. Anna Kaportseva / Roman Pleshkov - 46.97 Short Program (2nd Copy)

JUNIOR PAIRS FREE SKATE - VIDEOS (If anybody knows the result, please post it!!)

Daria Pavlyuchenko / Denis Khodykin Free Skate (2nd Copy)

Elizaveta Zhuk / Egor Britkov Free Skate (2nd Copy)

Anna Kaportseva / Roman Pleshkov Free Skate (2nd Copy)

JUNIOR SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Eva Kuts / Dmitrii Mikhailov - 54.11 Short Program
2. Polina Ivanenko / Daniil Karpov - 50.60 Short Program
3. Sofya Tyutyunina / Alexander Shustitsky - 50.14 Short Program

SENIOR SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS

Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitri Soloviev Short Dance (2nd Copy)
Victoria Sinitsina/ Nikita Katsalapov Short Dance (2nd Copy)
Alla Loboda / Pavel Drozd Short Dance (2nd Copy)
Betina Popova / Sergey Mozgov Short Dance (2nd Copy)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Georgy's LP is blocked for copyright. :gaah: Please, if anyone knows of an alternate link, you would be my hero...

madison

Record Breaker
MOSCOW OPEN

JUNIOR FREE DANCE - VIDEOS

Eva Kuts / Dmitrii Mikhailov Free Dance (2nd Copy)

Polina Ivanenko / Daniil Karpov Free Dance (2nd Copy)

Sofya Tyutyunina / Alexander Shustitsky Free Dance (2nd Copy)

Results, if any turn up, to follow

This is the standing after the short dance, not overall,
The final standings are as following:
1. Eva Kuts/Dmitrii Mikhailov - 127,85 points
2. Ekaterina Andreeva/ Ivan Desyatov - 120,07 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtZHJv8V97Q
3. Elizabeta Shanaeva/ Devid Narizhnyi - 118,64 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zs9YNtr1g4