Duhamel, Radford fire coach | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Duhamel, Radford fire coach

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
:jaw:

Is John Z working with Vanessa/Morgan still? I hope so. I loved them for quite a long time, and their this past season's breakthrough was just :cool::rock::love:. And seeing both John Z & Morgan in KnC was truly a feast to my eyes :luv17:. Thruout the season, I was sort of wondering which one was hotter but couldn't really decide tbh, you know... :eek::

Anyway, good luck to Meagan & Eric in the new season! :cheer::cheer:
LOL When people talk about eye candy it does not give much credibility to their posts

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
This is debatable.....He has certainly been a high level skater for a long time. He was National Champion 3 times and has a World medal and several top 10 finishes including a 5th place finish at the Olympics in 2002. His wife is also a talented skater and they may have the right words, or tactics, to get them to reach their final goal. They've won basically everything else in their career, haven't they?

Coaching is quite different than competing unless you are a life coach. Otherwise Michelle Kwan should be one of the top coaches. Motivating, teaching skaters, relating to them is very different.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
This is debatable.....He has certainly been a high level skater for a long time. He was National Champion 3 times and has a World medal and several top 10 finishes including a 5th place finish at the Olympics in 2002. His wife is also a talented skater and they may have the right words, or tactics, to get them to reach their final goal. They've won basically everything else in their career, haven't they?

Yes, Zimmerman has a lot of experience being a pairs skater. I was referring to coaching experience. Zimmerman doesn't have the many years of coaching under his belt that Gauthier does.

QuadThrow

Medalist
I have never expected Meagan and Eric to change their team. I believe they are not just frustrated. They seem to be desperate.

IMO the change is too late and not hard enough. They should have split with Bruno and Julie if they had really wanted a fresh start.

All thing went wrong for them last season. Their programs and perfomances were not as good as the years before, they suffered from injuries and all their rivals really improved.

I just cannot see them medal at pyoengchang in any case against breathtaking S/H, S/M (who will own the components), two Russian pairs and strong Y/Z and J/C.

It definitly looks like 7th place

John Zimmermann is the top choach right now. Just remember he is working with S/M as we discuss. Same for John Kerr as a choreographer.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
If only Meagan realized that shutting her mouth would get them more points and major medals, I'm sure she would gladly do so instead of working and training so darn hard with her partner and their team. Otherwise I see no reason she should modify her personality and winning ways just to not annoy a few detractors who will always find other issues to diss her with anyway.

True to a point but shutting our mouths so to speak also might help - I am talking about the hatred. THe pen and mouth is very mghty indeed. I am amazed at how this team not just criticized but you can feel and sense the hatred. I know it depends on your fan base here but I didn't ssee a lot of hate when Kristen MT dropped Dylan thinking he might retire early. I didn't hear or see the hatred in respect to Kostner's return who arguably has had many chances. I didn't hear or see hatred or dislike for Hanyu trying to be a hero when he had that horrible crash and arguably setting a bad example for other skaters and young people. Or hatred for Savcheno's what some might say drive other might call it something else in respect to Robin. I sometimes think people's idea of hel;ing or moving the sport forward ie the 2002 Salt Lake city "scandal" well not only is there an argument still be to made that it wouldn't change the results because artistry back then was the tie breaker and one could argue the Russians won but the end result is the sport has lost popularity and the new scoring system which keeps on changing ie values makes it unlikeable to the mere casual viewer. At least they kind of knew the 6.0 system now how in the heck is a jump worth oneyear 4 pts and then 4.2 the next.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
i disagree... i talk about eye candy mucho but also can write very thorough posts. seriously?

We are all thinking for our die hard skating fans - but someone outside who may have a mere passing interest in skating would laugh at us. It is kind of funny :) We are not the norm. Our passion for skating is fanatical. People get excited or mad about a misplaced sequin or what we deem a bad hair cut or someone's cut body or butt. We are so passionate that it is hard to even talk logical with each other lol. Yes, one can write thorough posts but if your credibility is shot or hurt it does effect your credibility.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I'm not sure why Meagan gets criticized for things that everyone else does too?

Because she is the anti Christ (Sarcasm). For some reason this team or Megan is not well liked. I don't think it is fair and they aren't my fave pair but I think they are often treated unfairly by the judges and us. Though with us I can understand- we aren't exactly the normal group of people and we have pretty strong opinons of what and who we like and don't like. Thankfully most of us don't have a lot of power or we could be dangerous lol.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
We are all thinking for our die hard skating fans - but someone outside who may have a mere passing interest in skating would laugh at us. It is kind of funny :) We are not the norm. Our passion for skating is fanatical. People get excited or mad about a misplaced sequin or what we deem a bad hair cut or someone's cut body or butt. We are so passionate that it is hard to even talk logical with each other lol. Yes, one can write thorough posts but if your credibility is shot or hurt it does effect your credibility.

:sarcasm::rolleye:
Can we please get back on topic now?!?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Usually I agree with you mrrice though maybe I don't fully understand your point. Skating competitively and coaching is quite different. And I trust you were not debating about Zimmerman's looks (wink wink lol). That is the only thing most of you can agree on lol.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I know it depends on your fan base here but I didn't ssee a lot of hate when Kristen MT dropped Dylan thinking he might retire early. ...

For the record:
I don't know where you were back then, but Kirsten in fact received a ginormous amount of extremely harsh criticism on GS after ending her partnership with Dylan.
I happen to remember it well b/c I repeatedly posted on GS to offer an alternate point of view and to push back against the avalanche of criticism that she received.​

That said, two wrongs do not make a right. I do not condone any hate against Meagan.

Meagan's tweet yesterday was more than reasonable:

It's not like Scott doesn't get criticized. Before Nikita became the worst, Scott was easily the most disliked ice dancer.

And it is a matter of opinion as to whether Scott has deserved all the criticism that he has received at various times.

BTW, as a fan of both V and M :ghug:, I will mention that it came up in 2010 Vancouver interviews that Tessa is the one who tends to talk more during their programs. (They were in agreement on this point.)

andromache

Record Breaker
The pairs field is stacked, and their ability to place well at the Olympics is going to depend on their ability to skate clean. Pairs isn't a very clean discipline - oftentimes, it's been a case of making the least mistakes, wins. They won their 2016 WGM by being clean, though they were definitely not favorites going into the event. A shake-up might give them what they need to be skating more consistently - and hopefully some better programs, courtesy of Kerr.

I really hope they spend lots and lots of time with Zimmerman. I think they'll need it if they want to make real changes in their skating, and I admire their guts in making such a huge change so close to the Olympics. But if they only seem him every once in awhile, then I'm not sure I see the point. Time will tell. They aren't among my favorites, skating-wise, but they seem like great people who have worked their butts off, and it'll be sad if they don't win an Olympic medal after two WGMs.

Now when in the heck will we see one of the mediocre US pairs go to Zimmerman?? What is taking so long? He's clearly got a good thing going on. Maybe it's time for Kayne/O'Shea to make a move?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
^ Denney and Frazier previously trained with Zimmerman for a few seasons before switching to Ingo Stuever in the second half of 2015. I don't know if I'd advocate for them to return. I think that their coaching arrangement with Rockne/Stefania still needs more time.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Usually I agree with you mrrice though maybe I don't fully understand your point. Skating competitively and coaching is quite different. And I trust you were not debating about Zimmerman's looks (wink wink lol). That is the only thing most of you can agree on lol.

Honestly, if we were going to go by looks alone. I'd tell them to call David Pelletier or call Russia and see if Anton Sikharulidze is available. 2 very handsome and talented skaters.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/2010/top10_skate_rivalries/sale_pelletier.jpg

andromache

Record Breaker
^ Denney and Frazier previously trained with Zimmerman for a few seasons before switching to Ingo Stuever in the second half of 2015. I don't know if I'd advocate for them to return. I think that their coaching arrangement with Rockne/Stefania still needs more time.

Yeah, I'd say that D/F still need time to gel in their current situation before making any changes (wish it would've worked out with Steuer though). But K/O or C/T? Both pairs could benefit from a change.

Speaking of C/T, along with Marcotte and Gauthier's other skaters, I wonder who will stick with who in that break-up. Bruno has always been head coach, but I imagine some skaters may want to stay with Gauthier?

The more I think about it the more weird it is that D/R, in their split with a coach, took the head coach with them. It's pretty odd for a coaching change situation. "We are changing rinks/coaches....but also keeping the head coach." Which is, obviously, because of the marriage! Still, very weird for everyone else involved. And I'm not sure if dumping a co-coach is a big enough change? Idk. Just weird.

i just saw on twitter that Eric asked his bf in marriage. congrats https://twitter.com/Rad85E/status/873588427924668418

Very cute! Also, Eric should go sleeveless more often ;).