2017–2018 Season Predictions Games | Golden Skate

2017–2018 Season Predictions Games

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Firstly, in case anybody has not noticed yet, I have completed the Hall of Fame threads for both of the 2017 ISU Championships Predictions Games:

2017 ISU Junior Championships Predictions Game HALL OF FAME! thread
2017 ISU Championships Predictions Game HALL OF FAME! thread

And if you want to go directly to the Final Top 10 positions, here are the links:

2017 ISU Junior Championships Predictions Game Final Top 10 Positions post
2017 ISU Championships Predictions Game Final Top 10 Positions post

Apologies that this has been done so late. There were delays with some of the scores being put into the spreadsheet, which meant that I couldn't do the totalling up until now.

Right, onto the main reason for this thread.

I am going to be on holidays for 2 weeks during the Junior Grand Prix Series. And I tend to cut myself off from the outside world when away. So, because the entries for the Junior GP’s tend to be announced at the last minute, that means I wouldn’t be able to post entry lists (or SP Start Orders) in the OP’s of the Predictions Threads for 2 of the Junior GP's.

After running either 2 or 3 Predictions Games for the past few seasons, I ended up running 5 Predictions Games during the 2016 – 2017 season. And I have to admit, I found it too much.

These factors, and the fact that I am now also an Admin for the Fan Fest Forum, have led me to realise that I need to cut down my workload. So, I would like to go back to just running the Games that I have always run:

• 2017 – 2018 National Championships Predictions Game
  • 2018 Junior ISU Championships Predictions Game
  • 2018 ISU Championships Predictions Game

So, I am asking now if anybody would like to take over as organiser of the other two Predictions Games:

• 2017 Junior Grand Prix Predictions Game
  • 2017 Senior Grand Prix Predictions Game

I will of course help the new organiser(s) to learn the ropes.

So, please reply below if you would be interested in taking over as organiser of one or both of the GP Games. Or if you would like to be a scorer.

Thank you to everybody who has played a role in the Predictions Games over the past few years, either as players or as part of the scoring team. The Games would not have been possible without you all.

CaroLiza_fan

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Count me in for scoring! Unfortunately, I cannot help with the organization of the 2 remaining Prediction Games because of college finals

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I cannot volunteer for anything but scoring ladies for GP prediction game. Well, not exactly. Last year I came up with the idea of the team competition. If the decision is taken I can be also a scorer for GP team competition.

Weathergal

Medalist
CaroLiza, thanks to you for all the unbelievable amount of work you've done with these predictions games! :thank: I've enjoyed them greatly--even if my crystal ball hasn't worked so well for some competitions! :laugh:

I'm happy to see that the Nationals Predictions game is one of the ones you'l be keeping. For some reason, I have a special place in my heart for that one even though it's probably the most difficult as I have to do more researching before predicting. I know at least part of it is getting to know and celebrate some middle and lower tier skaters I didn't know before, some of whom are now on my ever-growing list of skaters I root for! And I love your enthusiasm and knowledge for those skaters--and for the Nationals game--so I'm very glad you'll be guiding us! :cheer:

Anyway I'm a bit nervous about it, but I'll cautiously dip my toes into the water and volunteer as a scorer of one of the seniors competitions. I follow all four disciplines although probably a little less invested in the ladies so my preference would be to score men's, pairs, or ice dance. (I follow juniors but not as closely because of my schedule so I wouldn't feel comfortable with that at this time.) Please feel free to PM me whenever you need to figure out the details of what scoring you'd like me to do if you need me - and to give me a quick tutorial because I don't want to mess anything up! :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Count me in for scoring! Unfortunately, I cannot help with the organization of the 2 remaining Prediction Games because of college finals

That's no problem. As I invariably end up saying to at least one of the scorers every season, your education is far more important than a game on an internet forum.

I would be delighted to have you back on board as a scorer. You have been a great help to me this season, both in the Game, and in keeping me sane! :laugh:

I cannot volunteer for anything but scoring ladies for GP prediction game. Well, not exactly. Last year I came up with the idea of the team competition. If the decision is taken I can be also a scorer for GP team competition.

Thank you. You have been a loyal scorer for the GP Game and, as I say every season, we are eternally grateful for the difference that your algorithm has made to the process of scoring. So, I am more than happy that you have volunteered again.

CaroLiza, thanks to you for all the unbelievable amount of work you've done with these predictions games! :thank: I've enjoyed them greatly--even if my crystal ball hasn't worked so well for some competitions! :laugh:

Thank you so much for the nice words. But, hey, my crystal ball isn't great either!!! :laugh:

I'm happy to see that the Nationals Predictions game is one of the ones you'l be keeping. For some reason, I have a special place in my heart for that one even though it's probably the most difficult as I have to do more researching before predicting. I know at least part of it is getting to know and celebrate some middle and lower tier skaters I didn't know before, some of whom are now on my ever-growing list of skaters I root for! And I love your enthusiasm and knowledge for those skaters--and for the Nationals game--so I'm very glad you'll be guiding us! :cheer:

I feel exactly the same about the Nationals Game. That is why I was so heartbroken with having to cut it down this season. But, after the relentless schedule for the Junior and then Senior GP Games, I think we all needed a break.

But, I am intending on bringing the Nationals Game back to something like it was for the 2014-15 season.

Don't worry, we will actually work out with slightly fewer rounds altogether than this season, because there are less Majors next season due to the Olympics. Plus, after the mess of the way they were each run the last time they were held, I am not planning on including the Olympic Team Event or the Team Challenge Cup in the 2018 ISU Game.

Anyway I'm a bit nervous about it, but I'll cautiously dip my toes into the water and volunteer as a scorer of one of the seniors competitions. I follow all four disciplines although probably a little less invested in the ladies so my preference would be to score men's, pairs, or ice dance. (I follow juniors but not as closely because of my schedule so I wouldn't feel comfortable with that at this time.) Please feel free to PM me whenever you need to figure out the details of what scoring you'd like me to do if you need me - and to give me a quick tutorial because I don't want to mess anything up! :)

Awww, thank you so much!!! You will be more than welcome.

Don't worry, the scoring is not anywhere near as complicated as it used to be, all thanks to Samkrut's algorithm. All you have to do is copying and pasting - the algorithm does the rest! :bow: :clap: :points:

And of course I will help bring you up to speed. But, that can wait until nearer the time when things are getting more formally arranged.

CaroLiza_fan

rosacotton

Final Flight
CaroLiza_fan, once again thank you for your incredible work organizing the prediction games the last few seasons! :thank: :2thumbs: :points:

I'd like to volunteer as a scorer again if possible. :)

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
That's no problem. As I invariably end up saying to at least one of the scorers every season, your education is far more important than a game on an internet forum.

I would be delighted to have you back on board as a scorer. You have been a great help to me this season, both in the Game, and in keeping me sane! :laugh:

Aww :thank:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I could organize the Senior GP if needed. Otherwise, I can score whatever.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just bumping this thread up, seeing as the provisional entry list for the first Junior GP (in Australia :cheer: ) is now up (see this thread).

I could organize the Senior GP if needed. Otherwise, I can score whatever.

Thank you so much for you offer to organise the Senior GP Game. If you are still willing to do it, I am more than happy to accept. And don't worry, I'll help you out as much as you want (or as little, if you prefer! ;) )

Anybody interested in running the Junior GP Game? The first competition is just 4 weeks away... :slink:

I don't think I have enough time to score anything next year... :slink:

Don't worry about it. We all have real lives, and I understand that it takes priority.

But, can I take this opportunity to thank you for all the hard work you have done over the past few years. :bow: :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Just bumping this thread up, seeing as the provisional entry list for the first Junior GP (in Australia :cheer: ) is now up (see this thread).

Thank you so much for you offer to organise the Senior GP Game. If you are still willing to do it, I am more than happy to accept. And don't worry, I'll help you out as much as you want (or as little, if you prefer! ;) )

CaroLiza_fan

Sure, sounds good.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think I can do some scoring for Juniors again :)

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Nooooo!!!!!!😱😢 looks like ivett toth is injured and may not be competing at rostelecom.
This isn't confirmed but there is an article on it. Saw it on Sylvia unseen 's twitter. Who do u predict will be her replacement?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Nooooo!!!!!!😱😢 looks like ivett toth is injured and may not be competing at rostelecom.
This isn't confirmed but there is an article on it. Saw it on Sylvia unseen 's twitter. Who do u predict will be her replacement?

This isn't really the thread for this, but if she has to withdraw, the Russian Federation will be able to pick from a list of the top ten ladies by SB without two GP assignments.

The alternate list needs to be worked through in ranking order for the top 75 ranked Skaters/Couples according to their Season’s Best. All Skaters/Couples of the alternate list will be grouped in top ranked groups of ten (10) Skaters, out of which the respective Organizing ISU Member may pick one Skater/Couple for invitation.

As a return skater, I believe Polina Edmunds will be slotted in with her 2015-16 SB, and they won't be able to choose a Russian girl since they will already have 3 (assuming they fill the TBD with a Russian). The top ten are: (** means they already have one GP)

- Stanislava Konstantinova (28th)
- Amber Glenn (34th)
- Polina Edmunds **
- Courtney Hicks (35th)
- Yura Matsuda (41st)
- Serafima Sakhanovich (42nd)
- Nahyun Kim (43) **
- Rin Nitaya (45th)
- Ivett Toth (47th) **
- Bradie Tennell (49th)

They can't pick Konstantinova, Sakhanovich or Toth of course.

ETA: Konstantinova is staying junior (on the entry list for JGP Belarus), so she'd be off that list and Nicole Schott (50th) would be there instead.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Back on topic, with JGP Brisbane starting in a couple of days, what's the status of the JGP prediction game?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Back on topic, with JGP Brisbane starting in a couple of days, what's the status of the JGP prediction game?

I think it did not get enough volunteers sadly. I will miss it, but I understand people have lives and respect that. My thanks to those have have ran things in the past and those who plan to in the future. I always enjoy them and respect the effort and generosity.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think it did not get enough volunteers sadly. I will miss it, but I understand people have lives and respect that. My thanks to those have have ran things in the past and those who plan to in the future. I always enjoy them and respect the effort and generosity.

Since I'm doing the senior GP prediction game this year, maybe we could still do something for the JGPF as a part of that, or as a bonus round or something.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Unfortunately I can't run anything this year or commit as a full time scorer but I'm willing to be a sort of 'floating scorer'- if a regular scorer isn't able to score one week I can do it that week if you message me.

Thank you so much for all your hard work on the games. A long time ago I did organize/run the GP games one year and I remember how much work/commitment it was- I honestly am in awe of how much of this you've taken on.