I want to apologize to Nagasu and Wagner | Golden Skate

I want to apologize to Nagasu and Wagner

soccer

Match Penalty
3 years later ... I just want to apologize my bad word about the Olympic choice between Mirai Nagasu and Ashley Wagner.

I was nasty to Ashley and I regret the words I said about her in this particular thread : Was Mirai Nagasu screwed over by the USFS?

I regret also to have favor Mirai Nagasu over Ashley Wagner.

I don't khow how to send my message to Ashley Wagner, but I really wish that Ashley Wagner know that I apologize my bad word about her and her skating. ¸
I wish her a successfull year for the Olympic season.

Also, I don't know how to send my message to Mirai Nagasu but I really wish to say to her that I apologize for having create such a drama in internet about her not making the Olympic team.

I know that I'm a little bit responsable of the drama and controversial that it create.

It has affect both Ashley Wagner and Mirai Nagasu and I just want to apologize my bad word.

I wish good luck to both of them for the Olympic season. And, I promise to not make any drama or controversial thread about any choice of federation in the future.

frida80

Record Breaker
Their both on twitter if you want to message them.

Also this apology is wholly unnecessary. This wasn't a situation of your making. Lots of people had and still have opinions about that decisions. Ultimately I think it made them both strive to be better skaters.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And yet, you mentioned the "controversial" selection in that thread you started about Nagasu's free skate (which appears to have gone missing, now).

I don't suppose included in your regrets is a regret for making out like Nagasu was the only skater with the right to be upset about not making the team at that Nationals. As the fan of a skater who had more reason to be upset, it was pretty irritating that Nagasu fans were carrying on like she was the only heartbroken one.

soccer

Match Penalty
And yet, you mentioned the "controversial" selection in that thread you started about Nagasu's free skate (which appears to have gone missing, now).

I don't suppose included in your regrets is a regret for making out like Nagasu was the only skater with the right to be upset about not making the team at that Nationals. As the fan of a skater who had more reason to be upset, it was pretty irritating that Nagasu fans were carrying on like she was the only heartbroken one.

Both Wagner and Nagasu were heartbroken by this situation and that's why I want to send to them a letter to apologize them my bad word about this situation.

frida80

Record Breaker
I don't know how twitter work. Is there another way to contact them to apologize.

Send it to their home rinks or coaches. They should have mailing addresses online.

But this is unneccessary. Unless you said something to then personally, this forum post is enough.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Both Wagner and Nagasu were heartbroken by this situation and that's why I want to send to them a letter to apologize them my bad word about this situation.

My second paragraph was not talking about either Nagasu or Wagner.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You sound sweet, and I'm sure you're sincere.

But I honestly doubt either one of them care about a anonymous random fan's commentary.

And, if they do, they've got larger problems than we can address on an internet forum.

andromache

Record Breaker
This poster keeps making bad threads. Is there an option to not allow posters to keep making threads?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
seems like the user wrote a thread almost 4 years ago but joining date is less than 10 days ago :scard8:

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
We must be due for another Gracie Gold thread again, it's only been a few days since the last one...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

I am confused. ONe how did soccer really start all the internet buzz about the selection of Wagner over Nagasu. I think it was more thanjust one comment (in a way it sounds almost presumptious that anyone cared so m uch one person thought). And who is this mysterious skater that had more reason to be upset for not going to the olympics. I suppose arguments can be made for all sorts of different decisions.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am confused. ONe how did soccer really start all the internet buzz about the selection of Wagner over Nagasu. I think it was more thanjust one comment (in a way it sounds almost presumptious that anyone cared so m uch one person thought).

Oh, soccer didn't start that fury. I know it. Lots of Nagasu fans did. soccer just seems to presume it was them? But soccer started another thread, a couple of days ago, about Nagasu's "Winner Takes It All" FS and mentioned the "controversy" then, so that seems at odds with this thread.

And who is this mysterious skater that had more reason to be upset for not going to the olympics. I suppose arguments can be made for all sorts of different decisions.

I'd have thought a reigning National champion, with the technical arsenal the USFS had supposedly demanded of its skaters in their division, and with comparable that-season results to the two skaters who did go, had a very good reason to be heartbroken, and more right to be upset than a skater who had had a mediocre at best season and pulled two decent skates out of nowhere at Nationals, both of which were given soft treatment by the tech panel...

According to the Nagasu fans, she was the only one with the right to be upset, even though she'd had a bad season (and Wagner a very good one), even though if the tech panel had been sterner it wouldn't have been an issue anyway (hello URs). She was the one filing appeals and suchlike. Meanwhile, reigning National Champion Aaron put on a brave smile, hugged the two who would go, blamed himself, would not even consider a petition or an appeal, had to skate his exhibition in front of a crowd that went crazy for Nagasu and were silent and unresponsive for him, and proceeded to have nightmares about the whole thing for months.

But y'know, only Nagasu was allowed to be upset about missing the Olympic team. :rolleye:

Ender

Match Penalty
I doubt that both of them still remember anything you said that time. Let it go.

andromache

Record Breaker
Turning a bad thread that shouldn't even exist into a Max Aaron pity party is an art form. Kudos.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
3 years later ... I just want to apologize my bad word about the Olympic choice between Mirai Nagasu and Ashley Wagner.

I was nasty to Ashley and I regret the words I said about her in this particular thread : Was Mirai Nagasu screwed over by the USFS?

I regret also to have favor Mirai Nagasu over Ashley Wagner.

I don't khow how to send my message to Ashley Wagner, but I really wish that Ashley Wagner know that I apologize my bad word about her and her skating. ¸
I wish her a successfull year for the Olympic season.

Also, I don't know how to send my message to Mirai Nagasu but I really wish to say to her that I apologize for having create such a drama in internet about her not making the Olympic team.

I know that I'm a little bit responsable of the drama and controversial that it create.

It has affect both Ashley Wagner and Mirai Nagasu and I just want to apologize my bad word.

I wish good luck to both of them for the Olympic season. And, I promise to not make any drama or controversial thread about any choice of federation in the future.

It is never too late to apologise if you are honest and sincere, good for you.

Welcome and keep posting, long and often as you can :)