Preview of new BOI cover with Peter and Shae-Lynn | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Preview of new BOI cover with Peter and Shae-Lynn

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
miffy said:
IIRC Peter said he wanted to be a rightful member of the country (USA) and that it meant more to him than just the skating. I'm sure it's not something he treats lightly. But the Olympic rules won't allow two skaters to compete together unless they both hold citizenship for the country they are representing. If they really want to go the the Olympics i don't see what else they can do.

ETA: I just want to add: bronxgirl, i'm not criticising your values at all - i can see exactly what you mean :)

BAck in 1992, the ISU and the IOC made an exception to the rule. Drobiazko and Vanagas wrote a letter to the ISU, since Margarita, then a Russian citizen, didn't have Lithuanian citizenship. They allowed them to compete in Albertville...

miffy

Rinkside
heyang said:
Are they really teaming up? The cover says 'The DREAM TEAM Shae-Lynn Bourne and Peter T Exclusive Interview with Ice Dancings Hottest Stars'

There both hot stars in Ice Dance, but the cover doesn't say ICE DANCING's NEWEST TEAM. Is it really just a dream?

No. All last month BOI were promising the exclusive interview with Peter and his new partner. I think the wording on the cover is just unfortunate! If you look at the CMM site there are quotes from Peter and Shae that make it clear they are skating together!

http://www.cmmskating.com

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
LOL, I understand from the expression "dream team" that they are seen as so great together, hence the expression. Not that they are just dreaming to be able to skate together.

Marjaana

chania36

On the Ice
I am so happy for those two, their respective career was cut way too short and they both wanted to skate pro, so to have this other chance to find someone with who you can skate and bring your magic to the ice, well good luck to them and I just cant wait to see them skate in shows or in Stars on ice, because I believe that they will be in SOI.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
ladybug said:
How can Peter become a Canadian citizen so quickly? I thought that would take years like it does in the US.

Ladybug

Maybe the U.S. and Canada can arrange a trade Tanith for Peter? Or the new dream teams of Tanith and Shae and Peter and Ben could skate together :eek: :D :laugh: ?