Ilinykh to coach Lozko/Pitkeev | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ilinykh to coach Lozko/Pitkeev

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It's a bit of an odd pairing... Adian doesn't strike me as an ice dancer with his slight physique, and he might need to bulk up/gain muscle in order to handle lifts and whatnot.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
It's a bit of an odd pairing... Adian doesn't strike me as an ice dancer with his slight physique, and he might need to bulk up/gain muscle in order to handle lifts and whatnot.

And what about his back? I wouldn't think he could handle the lifts with his pain.

sarama

Medalist
This new thread title made me realise that a couple of months ago I would have never thought of seeing these three names associated... and despite this being an unexpected trio I wish them all the best of luck, and I hope they surprise us.

ewdokia

On the Ice
From the translation it is not definite she will be a coach, it was just a trial!
To be correct the article says it IS still a trial.

And what about his back? I wouldn't think he could handle the lifts with his pain.
When announcing his retirement from single skating Adian mentioned that his back could only handle the burden of jumping up to a 3A, but he couldn’t do quads at all any longer. If I recall it right from certain studies, quads and even 3A put multiple time your body weight on the joints (I think quads 7-10 times). So if Adian could still jump easier triples without his back bothering him, he might be fine with the lifts, in particular as Alisa is petite. Though I'm too worried about it.

They certainly work on it. Single skating requires you to be very slim (in particular if you train with Tutberidze), so I guess when skating singles, Adian kept strict diet, so maybe he might bulk up a bit (though he certainly has a very slight figure by nature). To me he looks a bit more muscular / bulky here and this has been taken around February:
https://8ch.pl/fk/src/1486756491073.jpg

One positive thing relating to dancing: Adians seems to be much more outgoing and self-secure nowadays. I just cannot imagine him publicly jumping at Arbat three years ago, when he seemed to be almost scared when having to speak at a press conference. :laugh:

By the way I started a fan project for him in case anyone wants to send a message wishing him well for his future. You find details here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?50236-Adian-Pitkeev&p=1745569&viewfull=1#post1745569

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
For me it smells like retirement from competitive skating, but I guess coaching is a good decision for now albeit nothing is set in ston even for her coaching Lozko / Pitkeev.

I don't remember k/s competing last season

I can't change the thread title! You know nonmoderators can't change thread titles.

They did :rolleye: Two starts at GP + Russian Nationals, that's for sure.

LRK

Record Breaker
For me it smells like retirement from competitive skating, but I guess coaching is a good decision for now albeit nothing is set in ston even for her coaching Lozko / Pitkeev.

They did :rolleye: Two starts at GP + Russian Nationals, that's for sure.

They did one Senior B at least - I'd like to say Ondrej Nepela? At any rate, the one where Sasha put Sergei on the ice, because Sergei had come to the competition coachless.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sad I won't see Lozko's unique and beautiful spins anymore...

Adian was one of my favorite male spinners too so it is very sad but this could be a very cool match! Best of luck and good fortune to them :hap10:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
They did one Senior B at least - I'd like to say Ondrej Nepela?

Tallinn Trophy.

Ziganshin was injured during the summer and I&Z didn't do the early season Challengers. I think they may have been signed up for Nebelhorn or something else, but withdrew. In any case, their first competition this season was Skate America. Tallinn was later, and that is where I&Z earned their SB score. (Essentially everyone at Tallinn earned their SB score there).

LRK

Record Breaker
Tallinn Trophy.

Ziganshin was injured during the summer and I&Z didn't do the early season Challengers. I think they may have been signed up for Nebelhorn or something else, but withdrew. In any case, their first competition this season was Skate America. Tallinn was later, and that is where I&Z earned their SB score. (Essentially everyone at Tallinn earned their SB score there).

Then they did two Senior Bs - I just checked, and indeed they were at Ondrej Nepela:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwWCZrO65mc

ETA - To clarify because I just realised: We were talking about Kavaguti/Smirnov - I realise the confusion arose because I quoted the whole of Ares' post, when I was only replying to the part pertaining to K/S. I see how that could be very misleading, sorry about that!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*sees OP's name next to original hysterical title*

#FakeNews.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
ETA - To clarify because I just realised: We were talking about Kavaguti/Smirnov - I realise the confusion arose because I quoted the whole of Ares' post, when I was only replying to the part pertaining to K/S. I see how that could be very misleading, sorry about that!

Oh, I see! Sorry.

moriel

Record Breaker
Doesn't sound like something that will work
As bot skaters have no previous ID experience, it would make more sense to go to a more experienced coach, no? A coach who is learning how to coach doesn't sound very good for skaters who need to learn a lot in short time.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Doesn't sound like something that will work
As bot skaters have no previous ID experience, it would make more sense to go to a more experienced coach, no? A coach who is learning how to coach doesn't sound very good for skaters who need to learn a lot in short time.

Why do you assume that she is the only one they are working with?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Wait, what: have Lozko and Pikteev retired from singles skating?? :roll9:

sarama

Medalist

Even if she would like to keep competing, that would require a partner, and until she finds one I think it's smart to get some practice in what could be her future career