Ilinykh to coach Lozko/Pitkeev | Golden Skate

Ilinykh to coach Lozko/Pitkeev

andromache

Record Breaker
A brand-new coach with two students who are new to ice dancing. If this was a movie, they'd go on to win OGM in ten years. But since it's real life, I have my doubts. I'm surprised to see Elena coaching, honestly - she never struck me as having the best temperament for it. I could imagine her working with young children, but with skaters who have had experienced, disciplined coaches in the past? Like I said, it sounds more like a movie than reality.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Where does it say she retired? Alexander Smirnov has been coaching for awhile and he isn't retired. Lots of skaters do coaching on the side and maybe she needs something to do while in between partners.

adelia

Record Breaker
A brand-new coach with two students who are new to ice dancing. If this was a movie, they'd go on to win OGM in ten years. But since it's real life, I have my doubts. I'm surprised to see Elena coaching, honestly - she never struck me as having the best temperament for it. I could imagine her working with young children, but with skaters who have had experienced, disciplined coaches in the past? Like I said, it sounds more like a movie than reality.
Well, she was in Novogorsk training Morozov's daughter and her new partner (Stavitskaya's ex) several days ago. So which sounds like a better movie, this one or that?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Well, I'll give Elena the benefit of the doubt after what an "experienced, disciplined" coach did to Adian. :disagree:

gmyers

Record Breaker
If you want to say "currently partnerless ilinykh focuses on coaching" that's fine

gmyers

Record Breaker
Why don't you edit your thread title so it's more accurate or are you just trying to be provocative as usual?

You know that's not allowed!! Skaters who coach on the side usually coach children! Not fellow competitors.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
There will be a time gmyers will not start drama about Russian ID. Today is not that day, I guess.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
You know that's not allowed!! Skaters who coach on the side usually coach children! Not fellow competitors.

You are wrong, but what's new. Smirnov coaches the Lithuanian pair Butkute/Ermolaev and can be seen in the k&c with them at competitions.

There's also the possibility that this is just a temporary arrangement and that they have other coaches helping them as well. Bottom line...the word "retirement" is nowhere in your article, so you jumped to the most dramatic conclusion without any proof. If she hasn't announced her retirement then you don't get to do it for her.

gmyers

Record Breaker
You are wrong, but what's new. Smirnov coaches the Lithuanian pair Butkute/Ermolaev and can be seen in the k&c with them at competitions.

There's also the possibility that this is just a temporary arrangement and that they have other coaches helping them as well. Bottom line...the word "retirement" is nowhere in your article, so you jumped to the most dramatic conclusion without any proof. If she hasn't announced her retirement then you don't get to do it for her.

It's not the most dramatic! It's the most likely! Skaters who coach usually coach children not fellow Competitors. Plus moskvina said k/s are probably retired!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It's not the most dramatic! It's the most likely! Skaters who coach usually coach children not fellow Competitors. Plus moskvina said k/s are probably retired!

K/S weren't retired last season when Smirnov was already working with them. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you though...I'm sure someone else will change the thread title.

gmyers

Record Breaker
K/S weren't retired last season when Smirnov was already working with them. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you though...I'm sure someone else will change the thread title.

I don't remember k/s competing last season

I can't change the thread title! You know nonmoderators can't change thread titles.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Are K and S retired this season. I hope not; I am always the last to know.

Mattieu

Medalist
From the translation it is not definite she will be a coach, it was just a trial!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Don't worry guys. I've let the Mods know that the title of the thread does not accurately reflect the story in the link, and have even made some suggestions for an alternative title, all of which make clear that it was a trial for all concerned (Lena, Alisa and Adian).

CaroLiza_fan

sarama

Medalist

I doubt this is going to be a success too, but who knows: real life is often more surprising than movies:popcorn: