Boikova and Kozlovskii have high ambitions | Golden Skate

Boikova and Kozlovskii have high ambitions

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The past season was like a whirlwind for Russian pair skaters Aleksandra Boikova and Dmitrii Kozlovskii. It was their first full season skating as a team – and skating pairs – and yet they claimed a bronze medal at the 2016-17 ISU Junior Grand Prix Figure Skating, then the Russian Junior title, and topped it off by winning silver at the 2017 ISU World Junior Championships. Not bad for the two skaters from St. Petersburg that had switched to pairs less than two years ago.

More

Boikova and Kozlovskii have realized that their major weakness in the past season was that they still appeared to be two single skaters doing pairs, and they have been working hard to improve that aspect. This spring, the Russian Junior champions have worked with famous choreographers Peter Tchernyshev, Natalia Bestemianova and Igor Bobrin, not only on their programs, but on their overall skating, and feel that they made a lot of progress in the past few months.

Being a Bestemianova fan, I'm really looking forward to seeing their new programs this season! What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Thanks for the great article. I was not familiar with this team, but I'll be on the lookout for them going forward!

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
My favourite discovery last season, and so glad they're working with Peter t.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to this team for qualifying for the JGP Final!