Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018 | Page 215 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
But you know, it also does make me want to support him even more. People think the "Hanyu fans" are crazy and the Pooh rain ridiculous? Watch me buy 10 Poohs to throw after every single Yuzu performance from now on :p

You go girl!

On to happy things, here is a picture of Yuzuru with some members of the speed skating team, haven´t seen this one posted yet https://twitter.com/ichinosei55/status/968422392035815430

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Watch me buy 10 Poohs to throw after every single Yuzu performance from now on :p

Please do.

The negativity surrounding Yuzuru went into very serious and damaging waters pre-Olympics (I can actually prove this; it is not gossip or rumors, just for the record because funnily enough, people tend to sign newspaper articles they have written with their own names sometimes) and though on some level, it has only gotten worse now, with the whole Award talk, at least that is still holding at fan-levels and hasn't escalated, at least to my knowledge? Tbh, I haven't gone searching through all the mess as it gives me a headache.

The worst is that it is silly to expect Yuzuru doesn't know about these. He doesn't talk about people disliking him because he's having flights of fancy. He knows what is being written in the papers for one, and also it is quite obvious by his words he's very aware of some fan reactions. Though I think that makes his actual fans just cheer him with that much more enthusiasm, it still doesn't erase that terrible feeling he must have over it all. I mean when things go so far as to accuse him of lying about some very serious things, well, they should consider themselves lucky Yuzuru doesn't have major firm repping, as this is when you can intervene. It's also when I'm yet again really sad about that issue as someone should be protecting him by this point, in form of 'PR bodyguards'.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Please do.

The negativity surrounding Yuzuru went into very serious and damaging waters pre-Olympics (I can actually prove this; it is not gossip or rumors, just for the record because funnily enough, people tend to sign newspaper articles they have written with their own names sometimes) and though on some level, it has only gotten worse now, with the whole Award talk, at least that is still holding at fan-levels and hasn't escalated, at least to my knowledge? Tbh, I haven't gone searching through all the mess as it gives me a headache.

The worst is that it is silly to expect Yuzuru doesn't know about these. He doesn't talk about people disliking him because he's having flights of fancy. He knows what is being written in the papers for one, and also it is quite obvious by his words he's very aware of some fan reactions. Though I think that makes his actual fans just cheer him with that much more enthusiasm, it still doesn't erase that terrible feeling he must have over it all. I mean when things go so far as to accuse him of lying about some very serious things, well, they should consider themselves lucky Yuzuru doesn't have major firm repping, as this is when you can intervene. It's also when I'm yet again really sad about that issue as someone should be protecting him by this point, in form of 'PR bodyguards'.

I don´t know, I have been thinking in the PR/ Agency lacking for Yuzuru, and it´s kind of a small blessing that he doesn´t has one.

If he were to have one people would really accuse him of profiting, (not criticism to skater that have one, they have every right to earn money from their hard work), his lacking an agency shows, IMO, that his focus is in skating, and nothing else.

And for what it is being say, it is all so stupid, nobody has been more conflicted and full of pressure than Yuzuru, you can tell just by reading fragments of his books, how the guy could leave it all and be happy "living a forest with Winnie Pooh" far from all the attention, instead he takes it all in in order to bring attention to causes he believes in (the earthquake relieve, improvement to skating condition to young talent, red cross, blood donation...)

I know MAO has an agency, (the same on that represent Mery Davis and Charlie White, and other skaters...) I´m sure that at some point they approach Yuzuru and his family and they decided to not sign with them, so I really do believe they did it so that Yuzuru can focus on skating and after he retires in his normal life.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
If he had a company representing him, I'd say they should track those IP's down and sue for defamation on his behalf. :disapp:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
If he were to have one people would really accuse him of profiting, (not criticism to skater that have one, they have every right to earn money from their hard work), his lacking an agency shows, IMO, that his focus is in skating, and nothing else.

I know MAO has an agency, (the same on that represent Mery Davis and Charlie White, and other skaters...) I´m sure that at some point they approach Yuzuru and his family and they decided to not sign with them, so I really do believe they did it so that Yuzuru can focus on skating and after he retires in his normal life.

At this point we're way past it can be construed this or that way. He'll sneeze and they'll talk about how awful he is for sneezing and how that disrespects this or that. But at the same time, it definitely isn't a blessing that he doesn't have people in his corner because he's rising even further, reaching some pretty big heights, and it's really difficult to swim in these waters.

I totally understand it is not his personality though so it is what it is, but speaking from the POV of the size of his brand and where he is in terms of achievements, he should have a PR firm repping him and protecting his interests more aggressively than what we have now.

It's not unusual at all to have someone in your corner. Some of the current Japanese skaters have people working for them, and of course, the others as well. It's useful, very useful, providing you hire people who know what they're doing. This is also why it'd be hard to go after Yuzuru for having someone, when so many other people do, and with way less interests to juggle and handle at once.

yude

Record Breaker
Especially for new fans, be careful about what you read and believe.

Thank you, Li'Kitsu, for pointing this out, I think this is very very important.

I tried to remember what the situation was like after Yuzuru won the Sochi Olympics, and it was like the same kind. (I know this time is worse though because of People's honor award) My guess is they will be toned down by the next season. I am so frustrated right now (yes, I said it lol), but I'm going to be stay calm and be positive praying Yuzuru will not involve in this as much as he can :pray:

I will introduce the comments from my two friends;

"With or without the award, Hanyu kun is really amazing"
"I don't like Mr. Abe (the prime minister), but I totally agree with his decision of giving Hanyu kun this award."

After Yuzuru's FS, both of them sent me a bunch of messages on LINE how Yuzuru was awesome and made them proud, and they could not even stop crying watching the medal ceremony :laugh: And they are not even figure skating fans. Yuzuru can reach people's hearts only by his skating and his existence, he can only be proud and confident :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm so glad that all the posters here support Yuzu and will help with drowning out any negative/false posts with positivity.
So, here's something positive, https://twitter.com/vertigo06/status/970413549418770432 Yuzu's sponsors are getting together to hold Photo exhibits as well as some skates, medals and costumes at various places in Japan.
ANA, Phiten, Tokyo Nishikawa, Ajinomoto etc. Organized by Yomiuri News.
If the dates match the time you happen to be in Japan, you should drop by. :points:

It is still against posting guidelines to link to any gossip or tabloid-like posts, but it is totally allowed to share the positivity campaign that is currently got the hashtag, https://twitter.com/hashtag/TLを可愛い羽生くんで埋めようキャンペーン?src=hash :thumbsup:

Last edited:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
If he had a company representing him, I'd say they should track those IP's down and sue for defamation on his behalf. :disapp:
We as fans can flag comments. I don´t understand Japanese, so if difficult for me to find the slandering ones so if any of you find one I suggest you report it to twitter or facebook, and you can dm me with the link to the tweet to report it too, if enough people report the accounts we can achieve something...

At this point we're way past it can be construed this or that way. He'll sneeze and they'll talk about how awful he is for sneezing and how that disrespects this or that. But at the same time, it definitely isn't a blessing that he doesn't have people in his corner because he's rising even further, reaching some pretty big heights, and it's really difficult to swim in these waters.

I totally understand it is not his personality though so it is what it is, but speaking from the POV of the size of his brand and where he is in terms of achievements, he should have a PR firm repping him and protecting his interests more aggressively than what we have now.

It's not unusual at all to have someone in your corner. Some of the current Japanese skaters have people working for them, and of course, the others as well. It's useful, very useful, providing you hire people who know what they're doing. This is also why it'd be hard to go after Yuzuru for having someone, when so many other people do, and with way less interests to juggle and handle at once.
:scratch2: Maybe ISJ could suggest it,or they already did. Who knows, maybe he will decide to take one now.

I'm so glad that all the posters here support Yuzu and will help with drowning out any negative/false posts with positivity.
So, here's something positive, https://twitter.com/vertigo06/status/970413549418770432 Yuzu's sponsors are getting together to hold Photo exhibits at various places in Japan.
ANA, Phiten, Tokyo Nishikawa, Ajinomoto etc. Organized by Yomiuri News.
If the dates match the time you happen to be in Japan, you should drop by. :points:

It is still against posting guidelines to link to any gossip or tabloid-like posts, but it is totally allowed to share the positivity campaign that is currently got the hashtag, https://twitter.com/hashtag/TLを可愛い羽生くんで埋めようキャンペーン?src=hash :thumbsup:
That´s sounds cool.

I would love to go to Japan, Tokyo has always been in my bucket list; but I would like to go to Sendai too... maybe next year I would have enough money, I would like to go in time when I can see the cherry blossom and ride the Shinkansen (sp?); maybe I can meet some of the lovely posters from this forum :)

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
In moments like this I am thankful I don't know japanese. Otherwise I'll be very mad right now. But yeah things like this makes me want to support him even more!.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Haha, eh, good you guys are so enthusiastic about my 10 Poohs per performance. I guess if Yuzu is in Milan, I'll have to live up to that :laugh2:

PS: Why would asahi be considered a tabloid though? It's legit and gets used as a source all the time...?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Haha, eh, good you guys are so enthusiastic about my 10 Pooh per performance. I guess if Yuzu is in Milan, I'll have to live up to that :laugh2:

PS: Why would asahi be considered a tabloid though? It's legit and gets used as a source all the time...?

Get those 10 Poohs. :biggrin:
Asahi is a normal news outlet. As long as the articles are on-topic, there shouldn't be a problem.

Imov

Medalist
Thanks Danni for the welcome.
And that was a good summary Yude.

I am confused, did Prime Minister Abe finally made the decision to give Yuzu the award? Or we are still waiting?
Honestly it is a great honor to be considered as such. As a fan I want him to accept it since he deserves it. But if he has another view, then I just need to trust him on that.

I am a bit worked up today feeling that his desicion for Milan will be up soon.
He did say in an interview he can trust Shoma to take care of team Japan. So I guess, he realy is going to take the time off?

yude

Record Breaker
I am confused, did Prime Minister Abe finally made the decision to give Yuzu the award? Or we are still waiting?
Honestly it is a great honor to be considered as such. As a fan I want him to accept it since he deserves it. But if he has another view, then I just need to trust him on that.

We are still waiting :) But the process to give this award is the Prime Minister orders the other experts of the government to consider, so it is pretty much all set in my opinion, unless Yuzuru refuses. And I also want him to accept it because he did nothing wrong.