Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018 | Page 70 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I think Yuzuru was counting down the quads he did and then translated the banner of fans that was on screen in the recap. But of course that's only during the time we saw.

I found that kid slightly annoying. The other flower girls didn't get their moment with Yuzuru, and here he is again. :disapp:

True...I'm not sure if anyone explained his job to him. It's a privilege to get to be a flower girl or boy at a big event...he should be happy to be there, and see the skaters, but he kind of got in the way. Being adorable won't always work. :laugh:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
True...I'm not sure if anyone explained his job to him. It's a privilege to get to be a flower girl or boy at a big event...he should be happy to be there, and see the skaters, but he kind of got in the way. Being adorable won't always work. :laugh:

I gave him the benefit of doubt yesterday, but today? Mmhh...

DiamondDust

Final Flight
First off, congratulations to Yuzuru for medalling. The costume is nice with more gold embellishments too. Performance wise, he appeared kind of sluggish and really tired at the end, but at the same time, he seemed to be testing something here. The Lz wasn't as perfect as I hoped it would be but it still looked beautiful on air. Great challenge and effort there.

Also that boy in the red shirt so cute and so starstruck over Yuzuru. :luv17:

I love the costume because it is more loyal to the traditional design and I'm a 100% tradition person :biggrin:
I'm so jealous of you Interspectator for the Ramen. I have never been to Japan, and I'd love to be, but I think the taste of food there should be so different from Japanese food that we are eating in north America.

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Hi! I'm new! I've always been stalking this thread but never had the courage to register and post somthing. But I reeeeally want to say that Yuzu is completely amazing at gripping the audiences' attention. So happy that he landed 4Lz and hope to see an even more awesome performance at NHK!!!

Welcome!!! Yes, Yuzuru is someone special and when he performs it's magical. :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I love the costume because it is more loyal to the traditional design and I'm a 100% tradition person :biggrin:
I'm so jealous of you Interspectator for the Ramen. I have never been to Japan, and I'd love to be, but I think the taste of food there should be so different from Japanese food that we are eating in north America.
I like both the new costumes too. The old Seimei costume, I thought, was too fussy with the gold embroidery. Now the pattern is better.
-I'm a voracious ramen eater. -It's not the healthiest thing, but I'll try out any kind of ramen. Instant, cup-noodle, Chinese, etc. But the ramen at a good ramen shop will have a broth that's been stewing for a looooong time. So it tastes the best.

Some days ago I was complaining that I can not gush about FS in social media because I'm a scientist and there are specific expectations from me. But I woke up today to one of my friends tweet with a link to Evgenia's SP for me, this friend is also a professor in chemistry. Then I lost my control, tweeting Yuzu's today FS thinking that general audience would not recognize the lost combo and popped loop anyways.
Guess what? The reactions were mind blowing, calling him "cool", "amazing" and expressing that they "cannot wait for olympics". Now I'm sure recycling Seimei was the best choice for Olympic season :yahoo:

Henni147

Final Flight
he appeared kind of sluggish and really tired at the end
If he was that tired at the end, he couldn't pull off a 4T+3T out of nowhere (I'm still astonished :love:) and jump another two 3A's right after it.
I think the deep landing on the 4Lz cost him a lot of energy at the beginning and he couldn't recover in time before the second half. That's why he struggled with the 4S-combo. I'm glad that it still worked out so well in the end. That's something he really can build on. :agree:

yude

Record Breaker
Some days ago I was complaining that I can not gush about FS in social media because I'm a scientist and there are specific expectations from me. But I woke up today to one of my friends tweet with a link to Evgenia's SP for me, this friend is also a professor in chemistry. Then I lost my control, tweeting Yuzu's today FS thinking that general audience would not recognize the lost combo and popped loop anyways.
Guess what? The reactions were mind blowing, calling him "cool", "amazing" and expressing that they "cannot wait for olympics". Now I'm sure recycling Seimei was the best choice for Olympic season :yahoo:

Congratulations :clap: I'm very happy to hear your story :luv17:

JuliettaG

On the Ice

That is Plushy's son? :luv17: I wish to know what is he saying.

I watched again SEIMEI and yes, I think he was slow at the spins, but overall it looked better than the previous GP programs. I tought that he had the 4S perfect, the axis position was great, but he must felt tired :scratch2: Even though he pulled the 4T3T right at the end and the two 3A. It's incredible how much improved these years.

And the start of baby lutz in competion is't better than all of the starts of his other quads.:clap:

Interspectator

Record Breaker

I watched again SEIMEI and yes, I think he was slow at the spins, but overall it looked better than the previous GP programs. I tought that he had the 4S perfect, the axis position was great, but he must felt tired :scratch2: Even though he pulled the 4T3T right at the end and the two 3A. It's incredible how much improved these years.

And the start of baby lutz in competion is't better than all of the starts of his other quads.:clap:
https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/921749562921975809 translated
"I'm going to become a great skater like #YuzuruHanyu and get lots of Pooh bears thrown on the ice!" #AlexanderPlushenko

Google translator says:
"I got to ski well like Yuzuru Hanyu, and I had many Pooh's thrown on the ice on the ice." Was it impressive for Sasha as well? Someday such a day will come!

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Google translator says:
"I got to ski well like Yuzuru Hanyu, and I had many Pooh's thrown on the ice on the ice." Was it impressive for Sasha as well? Someday such a day will come!

What a role model in figure skating and not only in Japan! His dad is legend in this sport, but the Pooh rain must look so epic in his eyes :luv17:

Congrats Yuzu for the sliver and landing a 4lz!!! The landing is not as prefect as practice, but he landed it in competition, it means something, it should give him confidence going forward! Expect for the 4lo (which he know he could land it prefectly), other elements are not bad, at least the SEIMEI feeling is back, much better than AC’s free, while he was almost outside of the program doing calculations.

I made my family watch it with me, we were eating dinner and chatting, and everyone become so quiet during Yuzu’s free program. Even they don’t understand figure skating, they said: this guy is at a diff level. :hap57: