Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018 | Page 425 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018

Interspectator

Record Breaker
There is the matter of a short time between the assignments, but Yuzu has had good success in Helsinki and Russia. -This matters to Yuzu as he is one for following patterns.
It's all so exciting. :rock:

Plumededragon

Medalist
I just thought... if China could have organized their GP, it means Yuzu would have gone to CoC... just like back in 2014. Bad coincidence. :no:

Yes, it’s in a different arena. I hope it’s a good one as well. But I trust them to do good, like they did for World 2017. :)

sun110

Final Flight
There is the matter of a short time between the assignments, but Yuzu has had good success in Helsinki and Russia. -This matters to Yuzu as he is one for following patterns.
It's all so exciting. :rock:

I'm wondering whether Yuzu would go to COC if China didn't back out. He needs to be invited to attend any GP series, right? So did China invite him first, then decided not to hold any event later on? Does Yuzu have any say about which event he wants to go (He's not seeded this time)?
He's super super popular in China. Imagine how disappointed the fans in China are right now...:sad21:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I'm wondering whether Yuzu would go to COC if China didn't back out. He needs to be invited to attend any GP series, right? So did China invite him first, then decided not to hold any event later on? Does Yuzu have any say about which event he wants to go (He's not seeded this time)?
He's super super popular in China. Imagine how disappointed the fans in China are right now...:sad21:

I guess if he got more than one invite, he got invite from France, because their president was saying they would get him. The only one I would think wouldn´t want him is USA because of Nathan.

sun110

Final Flight
I guess if he got more than one invite, he got invite from France, because their president was saying they would get him. The only one I would think wouldn´t want him is USA because of Nathan.

I see. Wonder why he didn't choose France. Maybe he thinks it's kinda late and wants to test the new scoring system earlier in the season so there's enough time to make adjustments if necessary.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I see. Wonder why he didn't choose France. Maybe he thinks it's kinda late and wants to test the new scoring system earlier in the season so there's enough time to make adjustments if necessary.

France has a fame for bad events... other poster can tell you more about it..

Yoa

On the Ice

Because he doesn't like that plastic coaster from GPF 2016 and I am sure he doesn't want a plastic star without any gold on it ;)

sun110

Final Flight
France has a fame for bad events... other poster can tell you more about it..

Ohhhhhhhh right I totally forgot about it.... Yeah the infamous plastic coaster. He even swung it in the air to feel the lightness during ceremony, and showed to Shoma :laugh: And the poor looking bouquet:biggrin: I remember there were two skaters even shared a hotel room?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
switching to the present, today is the first day of Shizuoka Fantasy on Ice. :biggrin:
And we will have some Yuzu appearances on TV on the first few days of July. :hap10:

firal

Record Breaker
Slightly OT but I'm seeing a lot about this else where so I am mentioning it here; Keegan Messing of Canada posted a clip of him jumping the 4A in harness. You can find it in the general forum.

Now I have always been in the indulgent aunt state of mind when Yuzuru talks about 4A or/and 5 rotation jumps...boy needs something big to aim, nothing a commoner like me can fathom, etc.

But seeing it in motion, even in harness, just reminds me how much more nervous I will be when he decides to try it in competition in the coming years. It looks crazy, and so injury prone. I thought I'm done with having difficulty breathing when he won in PyeongChong! :biggrin:

Imov

Medalist
Russia and Finland.
Oh my I cannot go to these places it so far from me.
Now I am thankful I fought hard for FaOI.
But he will go to Saitama right?

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
switching to the present, today is the first day of Shizuoka Fantasy on Ice. :biggrin:
And we will have some Yuzu appearances on TV on the first few days of July. :hap10:

what gift would he receive? how is the ceremony works

Edit.
Olympic Channel chose to write Yuzuru´s name in the title to talk about GP assignments. Talk about who is going where and the comments from Boitano and Borser.
https://twitter.com/olympicchannel/status/1012464817184133120
https://articles.olympicchannel.com...Content_yuzuru_hanyu_whats_next&sf192803813=1

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Seeing the list of GP assignments, I feel we are all so lucky that Yuzu loves competing so much. Many Olympic Champions choose to rest or to even retire after their big win (and it's very deserved and understandable). But Yuzu is going to do the normal season AGAIN! Fingers crossed, and praying for his continued health.

Last edited:

sun110

Final Flight
what gift would he receive? how is the ceremony works

Edit.
Olympic Channel chose to write Yuzuru´s name in the title to talk about GP assignments. Talk about who is going where and the comments from Boitano and Borser.
https://twitter.com/olympicchannel/status/1012464817184133120
https://articles.olympicchannel.com...Content_yuzuru_hanyu_whats_next&sf192803813=1

Now it makes more sense. So Boitano was referring to his own experience in the past.
Boitano thinks that Hanyu is doing the right thing by returning to competition. “I’ve never seen anyone come back from a rest and be successful. “I don’t think there’s anyone who has taken time off… and then has come back and won world titles.”

And they always find a way to mention winnie the pooh:laugh:
And, maybe, if Yuzuru’s English continues to improve, he will allow himself a break in the English countryside to eat some honey with his famous mascot.
“If I can when, I have learned lots of English. That is my dream – I am going to the forest with (Winnie the) Pooh.“

LucyH

On the Ice
Now it makes more sense. So Boitano was referring to his own experience in the past.

And they always find a way to mention winnie the pooh:laugh:

Yes Brian B is right about taking a break and coming back, it hasn't worked for anyone so far...

sun110

Final Flight
Slightly OT but I'm seeing a lot about this else where so I am mentioning it here; Keegan Messing of Canada posted a clip of him jumping the 4A in harness. You can find it in the general forum.

Now I have always been in the indulgent aunt state of mind when Yuzuru talks about 4A or/and 5 rotation jumps...boy needs something big to aim, nothing a commoner like me can fathom, etc.

But seeing it in motion, even in harness, just reminds me how much more nervous I will be when he decides to try it in competition in the coming years. It looks crazy, and so injury prone. I thought I'm done with having difficulty breathing when he won in PyeongChong! :biggrin:

But that 4A is beautiful! Can't stop imagining how it'll look like when Yuzu does it. Hopefully he'll be careful when practicing it.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes Brian B is right about taking a break and coming back, it hasn't worked for anyone so far...

But if anyone could make it work, it's the man who was forced to take most of the actual season off and then came out and.... took the Olympics.

But I'm glad he's staying with us, for as long as we wants to.

sun110

Final Flight
"The #YuzuruHanyu exhibit in #Sendai is different from all the others! They serve you tea, give you an #IcePack, a #Fan and a copy of #ShumatsuSendai."

https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/1012201976426360833

A copy of #ShumatsuSendai from #Fujisaki department store in #Sendai.
https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/1012202303187750912

And Olympics channel finally posted the plushy interview. I'm sure it'll end up on youtube eventually. Looks like the reason it was taken down is that they can milk it more.

https://twitter.com/olympicchannel/status/1012289594912632834