2017 Wild Rose Invitational | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Wild Rose Invitational

TGee

Record Breaker
I think Kaetlyin should change her costume in a more appropriate one to either black or white swan, a fluffy tutu maybe. The choreography could be a little changed. It looks too much like La Boheme.

I liked the costume actually.

Too much tutu and she would basically say 'I'm a ballerina' and not a skater.....She's not going to be delivering all the classic arm movements and positions in her choreo ... for those of us who grew up in the gestural 'code' of Russian school ballet, it's better that she make a clear statement that this is a North American interpretation.

But as with her program, she seems to be laying down the markers for the costume without having it all pulled together yet.

-Her hair was just pulled into a stocking bun that didn't match her hair or skin...Perhaps a spectacular headpiece is to come...

-Her stockings were quite taupe...not only did they not match her skin, but they were sufficiently darker that they distracted from the fall and flow of the skirt. [My first thought was that she got a run/ladder in her matching ones an pulled whatever spares she had in her skate bag.]

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Good points TGee. The ISU age limits do encourage some athletes to compete up a level sometimes. I remember Matthew Markell skating junior at 2016 Coupe du Printemps despite having just won a novice silver medal nationally. He was 15 at the time.

I am wondering about the scoring at this event. It's run higher than at Minto. With junior international assignments being based on scores and jumps I think we need to see more balanced scoring throughout the NSS events.

champs

Final Flight
Watched Austman for the first time and kinda liked the way she leaps high for her toe jumps.