2017 Japan Open | Golden Skate

2017 Japan Open

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Welcome to the 2017 Japan Open! It will be held on October 7th at Saitama Super Arena, which is located in Saitama, Japan. Here are the entries.

Edited for results.

Team Europe
Javier Fernandez (189.47) Man of La Mancha
Evgenia Medvedeva (152.08) Anna Karenina
Alina Zagitova (145.28) Don Quixote
Alexei Bychenko (128.52) Bolero
Total: 615.35

Team Japan
Shoma Uno (175.45) Turandot/Nessun Dorma
Nobunari Oda (158.24) Tristan und Isolde
Mai Mihara (147.83) Gabriel's Oboe
Marin Honda (133.41) Turandot
Total: 614.93

Team North America
Nathan Chen (178.46) Mao's Last Dancer/The Rite of Spring
Jeremy Abbott (143.48) My Way
Mirai Nagasu (134.69) Miss Saigon
Karen Chen (116.32) Carmen
Total: 572.95

Last edited by a moderator:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
It's definitely Saitama Super Arena. (I can't believe I missed fixing that the first time I glanced at this thread lol).

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Gracie has just withdrawn. Does anyone know if there is an alternates list or will Japan issue a new invite to replace her?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Kaetlyn Osmond is competing at Autumn Classic Sept 20th-23rd, so she could do it.
Gabrielle Daleman has said she'll be at Finlandia, which overlaps with this event, so she won't.
Alaine Chartrand is also at Autumn Classic, so she'd be available too.

Ashley Wagner is not planning to do any Challengers, so she could, but she probably doesn't want to travel to Japan for this.
Mirai and Mariah are both at the US Classic Sept 13th-17th, so they both could too.

Gullygirl84

On the Ice
Isn't Japan Open an IMG event?

I believe that Kaetlyn and Mirai are both represented by IMG, not sure about the other prospects (I know that when the roster was announced, people speculated that Ashley wasn't doing it this year because she switched to a different agency).

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Welcome to the 2017 Japan Open! It will be held on October 7th at Saitama Super Arena, which is located in Saitama, Japan. Here are the entries.

TEAM JAPAN
Mai Mihara
Marin Honda (first senior event)
Shoma Uno
Nobunari Oda

TEAM EUROPE
Evgenia Medvedeva
Alina Zagitova (first senior event)
Javier Fernandez
Tomas Verner

TEAM NORTH AMERICA (basically team USA this year)
Gracie Gold (WD to seek professional help for her struggles from last season) (I think the alternate will be Kaetlyn Osmond)
Karen Chen
Nathan Chen
Jeremy Abbott

Competition starts on October 7th 12:30 pm (Japan Time) and they open the doors on 11:30 am (Japan Time). Tickets go on sale on July 10.

Please don't speculate right now as to which lady will be filling Gracie's W/D spot. Best bet is to just put TBD in that area and leave it until there's an official announcement.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Wow. Team Europe looking extremely strong now, maybe invincibly so... in spite of the other teams also being very strong...!

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje will appear as guest skaters. Their Michael Jackson routine is the coolest thing I have seen in ice dance.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^^It is starting at 12:30 PM Saturday Japan time I believe For US Eastern time it will be at 11:30 p.m. Friday night

Lily flowers

On the Ice
:jaw: for some reason I thought it would be much later in the month, only to find out that it's less than a week away YAY!!:hap85:

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I just read on rockerskating that there won't be a live stream. Does anyone have different info on this?

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I just read on rockerskating that there won't be a live stream. Does anyone have different info on this?

I don't ever remember there being a stream for this competition. Usually just have to get videos as fans post on YouTube. :(